Corrie wasn't actually too bad tonight...

CatmittensCatmittens Posts: 1,507
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Tonight's 7:30pm ep felt more like 'proper' Corrie than it has done recently - can't put my finger on it. Script was great and the show looked brighter than usual. Anyone else?

Wasn't keen on seeing Erica again (sorry all you Claire King fans!), but Sally, Tim, Norris, Roy and Carla were all on top form IMO. :D

Comments

• callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I am not pleased by her return. Would like Carla and Nick to be together.
  • Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't abide Claire King but apart from that, I've quite enjoyed tonight's episodes so far.
  • Sunny Side UpSunny Side Up Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully it's the start of a good month leading upto the end of May for BGT week!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 285
    Forum Member
    I agree. Great ep.

I love Roy and Carla's friendship.

Loving Sally these days. :D

Nick and Carla work well together. Shame about Erica but that's soapland haha
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damon Rochefort wrote it. I follow him on Twitter and always make sure to watch it when he tweets which episodes are his. You are right, it's like proper Corrie when he writes it. The writing is funny and everyone has natural conversations. He just knows the characters really well. He also wrote the hour long with the Bachelor Auction. You should follow him on Twitter and then you know when a good episode is coming up :)
  • eastendersboieastendersboi Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but the acting is piss poor on Corrie, hard to believe that I used to love this show.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    And there was me thinking it was boring.
    I wasn't bothered EE ran into the second episode.
  • revolver44revolver44 Posts: 22,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm strangely really liking this curry club
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was excellent I thought. This week has been great
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Good episodes tonight
  • m-riverm-river Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the first part was good, the second part was too awkward. can't stand them constantly crapping on the fittest bird on the street, it's unrealistic i would've told erica to get stuffed then stuff Carla with some um sausage if i was nick
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    I thought the comment about the olives was amazing!! referencing back to the olive situation AGES ago when lewis amended gails order and ordered tons of olives
  • Adrian_Ward1Adrian_Ward1 Posts: 13,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curry club is funny.
  • Danny_FrancisDanny_Francis Posts: 5,656
    Forum Member
    Half tempted to give it another go but whenever I do it seems to disappoint...
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    The olive reference was great and I quite like Roy hanging out with the younger lads. It was nice to see Maddeh too, she hasn't been in it for ages. Otherwise, same old shit.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Banksy business was fun
  • Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't abide Claire King but apart from that, I've quite enjoyed tonight's episodes so far.

The character Carla is essentially a ruthless, selfish, nasty person. Strange how in recent weeks they're portraying her as a kind, sweet angel.
  • The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 201,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The character Carla is essentially a ruthless, selfish, nasty person. Strange how in recent weeks they're portraying her as a kind, sweet angel.

is that the carla, that puts food on half the tables on the cobbles ? :confused:
  • -Felicity--Felicity- Posts: 4,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed it too, apart from the Erica part. I love the inclusion of Roy in the 'Curry Club' :D
  • Dalekbuster523Dalekbuster523 Posts: 4,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I am not pleased by her return. Would like Carla and Nick to be together.

Same here. I find Carla and Nick as a couple much more believable than Nick and Erica.
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Half tempted to give it another go but whenever I do it seems to disappoint...
    Agreed, Danny. Every time I read on here that the show is getting better, I start watching again; only to be disappointed. I stopped watching while the underage pregnancy was being played out - very badly; now I come back to an overage pregnancy. When Erica came into the show for a few days, she was running up the stairs for sex with Nick every hour on the hour. Are we to believe that, other than that time, she has abstained from all the sinful lusts of the flesh, so the baby must be Nick's? Ridiculous story writing.