9300T No or bad signal

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
Forum Member
I have had my pvr for about 2 3/4 years and love it.

Just today it comes up with a message across the screen 'no or bad signal'.

I have tried turning the pvr off for a while, still get the message's tried it on another TV connected to a different aerial socket still get the message.

The TV's get a signal when the pvr is not connected to it, so I am guessing its the pvr.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem, its my favorite gadget and really can't live without it, due to working from home, I record evening TV to watch while I sew during the day.

Any advice will be more than great fully received.. Thank you

Comments

• Old DudeOld Dude Posts: 273
    Forum Member
    If you have convinced yourself that the aerial is okay, then it suggests that the 9300 is unable to see whatever it is supposed to be tuned to. Switching it off and on wouldn't help that. Try doing a rescan for services. It might help putting the settings to default first, but in addition to clearing out the current tuning information this will also clear any scheduled recording you have. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Thank you Old Dude

Seems something funny was going on with the sockets to the loft where the aerial is. They had tripped the switch at the mains. So tomorrow in day light I will have to double check all the sockets on the circuits.
  • farmermikefarmermike Posts: 314
    Forum Member
    I have had my pvr for about 2 3/4 years and love it.

Just today it comes up with a message across the screen 'no or bad signal'.

I have tried turning the pvr off for a while, still get the message's tried it on another TV connected to a different aerial socket still get the message.

The TV's get a signal when the pvr is not connected to it, so I am guessing its the pvr.

Any suggestions on how to fix the problem, its my favorite gadget and really can't live without it, due to working from home, I record evening TV to watch while I sew during the day.

Any advice will be more than great fully received.. Thank you

I've got exactly the same problem with my 9200T. Don't think it is an aerial problem as main TV is fine when PVR switched off. BBC1 and 2 are fine, others say no or bad signal. Can only record BBC1 and 2. No reply from Humax.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    farmermike wrote: »
    BBC1 and 2 are fine, others say no or bad signal. Can only record BBC1 and 2.

So have you attempted to retune it?
  • EEPhilEEPhil Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    This might be completely wrong in your cases but...
    If the aerial is OK and a retune doesn't appear to work - have you got a computer switched on nearby? I sometimes have a problem with either "no or bad signal" or "channel is scrambled" if the signal strength is low(ish) and the computer is switched on. Turn the computer off and hey-presto the channels re-appear as if by magic. (This is probably a red-herring as this happens with my other set-top box and a USB dongle, and the 2 posters here say their TV works OK)
    Forum Member
    So have you attempted to retune it?

Yes, attempted several retunes. Computer is several rooms away. Thanks for advice all the same - more than I get from Humax.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, attempted several retunes.
    What technique did you use?
    Did you try removing all Radio and TV channels and then manual tuning to just one transmitter?
    Which transmitter did you use?
    Bilsdale frequencies are 26, 29, 40, 43 and 48. Using manual tuning will only be successfully if you definitely are not tuned to any other transmitter before you start.
    BBC1 and 2 are fine, others say no or bad signal.
    BBC3, BBC4, BBC Radio and the red button are all broadcast on the same frequency as BBC1 and BBC2. Are they not as good as BBC1 and BBC2?
    No reply from Humax.
    Did you use uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk? If sent to a different address they can take longer or do not always appear to get passed on.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Luis. I'll try that. Yes that was the address I used for Humax.
  • Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, attempted several retunes.

What is the reported signal strength and quality on the BBC channels?