You know you are getting old when.......

mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
Forum Member
✭✭
Someone just asked me if I needed a cleaner. I said I had done some self employed cleaning myself a couple of years back. She looked horrified and said 'Well you can't be doing things like that at your age' :o
I'm a fit and active 64 and people always say I look loads younger (genes and HRT! :D).
But dear me - talk about a slap in the face. I wonder what else 'I shouldn't be doing'? :confused:

Comments

• twassingtontwassington Posts: 163,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone just asked me if I needed a cleaner. I said I had done some self employed cleaning myself a couple of years back. She looked horrified and said 'Well you can't be doing things like that at your age' :o
    I'm a fit and active 64 and people always say I look loads younger (genes and HRT! :D).
    But dear me - talk about a slap in the face. I wonder what else 'I shouldn't be doing'? :confused:

Sex, drugs and rock n roll? :p

I'm 57 mrsgrumpy and I fully intend to do all the fun things and in fact everything I am physically capable of for as long as humanly possible :D
  • ChoccyCaroleChoccyCarole Posts: 8,867
    Forum Member
    It would be like having ****The young and perky door**** slammed right in your face - if older age is brought up like that :o:o

Being up for it :D is the main thing ;-)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm only in my 20s but I notice some people think that once you (in the general sense, not referring to anyone in particular) hit 50 you're over the hill and should consign yourself to a life of shopping in M&S classic/Bonmarche, bingo hall, listening to Cliff Richard/Daniel O'Donnell type music and Saga holidays and sign up for that Sun Life Insurance plan (complete with free Parker pen :D). It's completely ridiculous. I definitely won't doing any of those things when I'm 50.