Options

Cake

Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a612587/jennifer-aniston-struggles-with-life-in-first-cake-trailer.html#~oWJ644vzpqh4aM

Wow! This looks very good.

I had read a few things about the film and how Jennifer Aniston is in the mix for the Oscar and after seeing this trailer I can see why!

Comments

• Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sez_babe wrote: »
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a612587/jennifer-aniston-struggles-with-life-in-first-cake-trailer.html#~oWJ644vzpqh4aM

Wow! This looks very good.

I had read a few things about the film and how Jennifer Aniston is in the mix for the Oscar and after seeing this trailer I can see why!

Is it different to the usual romantic comedy role she usually plays then?
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I read about this months ago and I can't wait. I adored Aniston in The Good girl, which she was cruelly snubbed for an oscar for. She is one of those actresses who is a lot better than she really is. She just chooses the same type of films all the time, so people don't see her an actress but more of a movie star.

Julianne Moore, Reese Witherpsoon, Rosamunde Pike and Felicity Jones seem to be the main contenders for best actress. There is an open fifth space for her to be nominated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rfonzo wrote: »

It's the opposite to her usual roles.
    I read about this months ago and I can't wait. I adored Aniston in The Good girl, which she was cruelly snubbed for an oscar for. She is one of those actresses who is a lot better than she really is. She just chooses the same type of films all the time, so people don't see her an actress but more of a movie star.

Julianne Moore, Reese Witherpsoon, Rosamunde Pike and Felicity Jones seem to be the main contenders for best actress. There is an open fifth space for her to be nominated.

I agree - she was great in The Good Girl. I haven't seen all her films but I'd say Cake is nearer to TGG than her usual roles. I thought she was great in Derailed too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to Jennifer on her nominations :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a chronic pain sufferer, I am looking forward to this.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a Chris Morris production?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw it this afternoon. It is a great film. Aniston was fantastic. Will be encouraging my friends who don't know much about chronic pain to watch this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I completely forgot about Rachel from Friends in this film. She was great.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's great to hear these good reviews :)
  • Options
    Los_TributosLos_Tributos Posts: 2,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You've not seen the two Horrible Bosses films or We're The Millers then?
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,442
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pity that JA missed out on an Oscar nod in the end. Personally I thought she deserved a nomination at least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's out today. I don't expect it to stay in cinemas long as I've seen no promotion for it. But it's worth a watch, I really recommend it. It's a drama with great bits of dark comedy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9
    Forum Member
    Excellent film and easily Jennifer's best performance to date. I found the film very moving. Aniston haters can, quite frankly, f*ck off. I'm not even a huge fan of hers but I'm quite annoyed that she's received so little recognition for this performance. She should be proud of herself and the film. I'm proud of her :)