Options

The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates

SupportSupport Posts: 70,800
Administrator
This thread is a continuation of: The GD Refugee Thread : for all the reprobates
Rednell wrote: »
I'd agree- Prisoner of Azkaban was by far the best film of the 8. I love the books though, the films just can't live up to them, unless they were about ten hours long, each.

Perhaps a little controversially, did anyone else think the Deathly Hallows book seemed as though it was quite heavily edited? I felt it was, reading it, as though chunks had been taken out of the final publication.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    :sleep:
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ramo1234 wrote: »
    :sleep:

I had to quote this to see how you managed to post a seemingly empty post - sneaky! :o
  • Options
    agrainofsandagrainofsand Posts: 8,693
    Forum Member
    Got to love that new thread smell...
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Got to love that new thread smell...

Yes! How long before it starts to smell of sewage though?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How cool is this?

http://instagram.com/p/rRytNMhQaP/

Something to aspire too when you go down the beach! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    How cool is this?

There I was thinking my sandcastles were decent :(:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    There I was thinking my sandcastles were decent :(:p

That's won a sand art contest thingy (I think) so don't feel too demoralised by it, I'm sure your sand castles aren't far off! :)

Its pretty epic though! I was like 😳😳😳😳😳
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's won a sand art contest thingy (I think) so don't feel too demoralised by it, I'm sure your sand castles aren't far off! :)

thats pretty epic though! I was like 😳😳😳😳😳

Thats ok then :) that reminded me actually, when I was out shopping a few weeks ago they had a sandpit on the high street with a sand sculpture in it. I think it was advertising a contest event somewhere or another, I didn't pay a lot of attention to it :blush:
  • Options
    vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a hangover the size of a big thing. A fat elephant or something.
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting how there's a new thread, I'm sure the other old one had over 100 pages more before it got renewed...?? Well...it's great to be here!! :cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How cool is this?

A sand based link...

That's the best kind...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes! How long before it starts to smell of sewage though?

*sniffs*

Nope, hasn't happened yet...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *sniffs*

Nope, hasn't happened yet...

Don't be so sure... at least one lurker will be here waiting to see how 'banal' the posts are...xD

Good evening, good people! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To answer Rednell's post from the past thread, yeah I do believe JKR went out of her way to cut both Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows down to size, partly because she (and others) thought Order of the Phoenix was too long. Personally, I loved Order for that reason!

I think one day she will publish extra info that will go alongside the whole series. Some of this is obviously cropping up on Pottermore, but I reckon we'll see much meatier stuff later on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Don't be so sure... at least one lurker will be here waiting to see how 'banal' the posts are...xD

Good evening, good people! :)

I'm going to try and make my posts even more banal then...

I like a challenge...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A sand based link...

That's the best kind...

I thought you'd like it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I like a challenge...

Proper lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I like a challenge...

I'm gonna take that with...a pinch of salt. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That advert "for people who spit blood when they brush their teeth", I don't think you need a new toothpaste or whatever, I'd say you need to see your dentist.
  • Options
    RednellRednell Posts: 2,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strong smell of fresh paint in here *sniffs* Watch that doorway, it's not dry yet!

Think I'd end up discussing Harry Potter all night if I was allowed. :blush:

Corsodyl - adverts are naff, and their products taste vile but it really is good stuff. Tried their toothpaste and it's much better than most of the mainstream brands.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oral B pro expert ftw.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That advert "for people who spit blood when they brush their teeth", I don't think you need a new toothpaste or whatever, I'd say you need to see your dentist.

Its mouthwash, not toothpaste and its whats used/prescribed (at least in part) to treat gum disease with, so its definitely worth taking in the first instance, before seeing the dentist. Some people find it hard to see a dentist, it might take a few days or weeks to get an appointment with an NHS one, so thats a good first step, to take that. I can't use Corsodyl while I have my braces on as its too acidic it could damage the wire apparently, so I have to use another mouthrinse but when my wisdom tooth gave me issues and was bleeding, the dental hygenist flushed it out with Corsodyl, she just had to do it straight into the gum by that one tooth so it wouldn't swill around my mouth and damage the brace.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its mouthwash, not toothpaste and its whats used/prescribed (at least in part) to treat gum disease with, so its definitely worth taking in the first instance, before seeing the dentist. Some people find it hard to see a dentist, it might take a few days or weeks to get an appointment with an NHS one, so thats a good first step, to take that. I can't use Corsodyl while I have my braces on as its too acidic it could damage the wire apparently, so I have to use another mouthrinse but when my wisdom tooth gave me issues and was bleeding, the dental hygenist flushed it out with Corsodyl, she just had to do it straight into the gum by that one tooth so it wouldn't swill around my mouth and damage the brace.

I haven't been to the dentist in over 7 years...probably a bad move, I know... but I guess the money I've saved has been worth it. As long as you clean your teeth with something decent and keep an eye on them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Fair enough but still, if you're gums are bleeding when you're brushing then I would say that getting your arse to a dentist would be a pretty high priority. But point taken.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't been to the dentist in over 7 years...probably a bad move, I know... but I guess the money I've saved has been worth it. As long as you clean your teeth with something decent and keep an eye on them.

Tut! the 6 month checkups don't cost me anything as its on the NHS. The only thing that costs me money at the dentist are the hygenist scale and polish cleans (costind about £10.90 a time currently) every 3 months while I have the brace on and my extractions I needed before getting the brace put on - I got 2 teeth taken out, they charged under £20 for that. Its not exactly majorly expensive.

I'm off to the orthodontist to get my brace adjusted on Wednesday morning. It already feels swollen and its not been touched already, like it knows its about to be prodded and adjusted again(!) blah. I wish it was all over with already. Ah well, one year to go(!).