Options

Slingbox

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 149
Forum Member
Is anyone using a Humax PVR with a Slingbox? if so, are all the remote control functions working properly

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    infracom wrote: »
    Is anyone using a Humax PVR with a Slingbox? if so, are all the remote control functions working properly

A friend of mine uses one with a humax 8000 - ie the original one before the 9200, I think its 8000.

I think it all works perfectly - he is certainly very happy with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    A friend of mine uses one with a humax 8000 - ie the original one before the 9200, I think its 8000.

I think it all works perfectly - he is certainly very happy with it.

Mine works perfectly EXCEPT some remote functions are missing. Slingbox support say the 9200 is not fully supported although it appears in their list of supported devices.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I have used slingbox SOLO today with my HUMAX 9200T but I cant delete programs from my recorded list. Does anyone know how to do this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    eddymartin wrote: »
    I have used slingbox SOLO today with my HUMAX 9200T but I cant delete programs from my recorded list. Does anyone know how to do this?

You need the RED button on the remote control.
    You can then delete by selecting MENU from the remote control

The problem is that the Slingbox remote control emulator does not have all the functions of the real remote control.
    I've set up a RED button by the following.

Go to the favourites bar (bottom of the slingplayer screen)
    Right click one of the unused buttons
    Select Add
    Select button type Control
    Tick Show all commands
    Find the RED button control
    Click on it
    Press Select
    Select Custom
    Custom22 is Red
    Select Add
    Select Close

I have set up Favourites for Text and the coloured butttons that are missing.

Custom20 is Text
    Custom23 is Green
    Custom24 is Yellow
    Custom25 is Blue
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    Presumably you can watch all recording AND all live freeview broadcasts from Hummy via Slingbox. Does this mean you can't have a TV attached to the Hummy at the same time?

Sorry, still trying to get my head round this one.

(quite fancied the SlingCatcher functionality till I discovered it's not yet released and will cost £200!).

Regards
    splitfinger
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Presumably you can watch all recording AND all live freeview broadcasts from Hummy via Slingbox. Does this mean you can't have a TV attached to the Hummy at the same time?

Sorry, still trying to get my head round this one.

(quite fancied the SlingCatcher functionality till I discovered it's not yet released and will cost £200!).
    Yes you can watch anything that the Humax is playing, live or recorded.

The TV and Slingbox are plugged in to the Humax at the same time. Slingbox supply the necessary Scart plug to allow this. So it is rather like the Humax feeding two TVs simultaneously.

Slingcatcher looks interesting. I'd like one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 39
    Forum Member
    im looking to get a slingbox solo soon will it work and be easy to set up with my speedtouch 585 v6 and my macbook hope someone can help thanks
  • Options
    zetorzetor Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    I found the main consideration with the Slingbox is the speed of the upload, Slingbox recommend at least 256 kbps which is what I have and I speed tested to make sure but the remote picture was unwatchable so I think at least 512 kbps is a safer option, has anyone with 256 kbps actually had a watchable picture?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wondering if anyone can help me with this problem.. It has been driving me nuts all afternoon.

I've just received a Slingbox Solo in my Christmas Stocking (nice), and this is my setup.

FreeView Box => Sky+HD => Pioneer DVR HDD => Television

As you can see my FreeView Box is connected to my Sky box (scart) and my Sky box is connected to the DVD-R HDD via scart (for recording / archiving purposes) and my Sky+Box has a separate connection to the TV (for HD viewing).

I've connected the Slingbox to the DVD-R HDD box (to be able to view all sources) and this works okay as long as I have the DVD-R HDD player on, but the issue is the remote controls. Currently I can only work out how to have one remote at a time, i.e. I have to 'lose' the Sky+ remote completely if I wanted to have the Freeview Controller on. This is not a simple process either as the Slingbox software only remembers ONE remote control and has the inability to store all the remotes for your devices..
    I'm hoping someone can tell me that's not true!!

Although my Slingbox is connected to one device, I have in effect three things connected to it..

Cheers
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    I've just got a Slingbox Solo to go alongside my Humax 9150T PVR and most functions are fine.

My problem is navigating the Humax menu using the Slingbox virtual remote - when clicking up/down/left/right the cursor hops two places on screen. This makes navigating menus impossible unless they work using numerical keys 1-9 instead (this doesn't work in the "Guide" though).

Anyone know a fix, or a alternative Humax remote type I could try (I'm currently using the 9200 remote, as there is no 9150T listed)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    thdon99 wrote: »
    I've just got a Slingbox Solo to go alongside my Humax 9150T PVR and most functions are fine.

My problem is navigating the Humax menu using the Slingbox virtual remote - when clicking up/down/left/right the cursor hops two places on screen. This makes navigating menus impossible unless they work using numerical keys 1-9 instead (this doesn't work in the "Guide" though).

Anyone know a fix, or a alternative Humax remote type I could try (I'm currently using the 9200 remote, as there is no 9150T listed)

I bought a Solo today and have exactly the same problem. I found a customised keymap online that might fix the problem but you can only install it with the native config client thats been phased out in favour of the web tools.

However, there is some light at the end of the tunnel in that Sling are testing some new customisation tools, I found this:

http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/slingbox-beta-remote-site-goes-public/

Unfortunately it doesn't support mac yet so I can't try it out.

It's quite frustrating as I'm sitting here watching my humax on my iPhone and the picture is great. But the only way I can get at my recordings is via menu/recordings and I can only play every other programme cos the cursor always jumps two entries.

Nothing is ever easy. Sigh...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    PSidnell - I've had some success with my Slingbox remote (I had same issue as you, 2 cursor moves for every one I "clicked").

By installing slingplayer (it takes a bit of finding, this should take you straight to it: http://support.slingbox.com/go/windows-download-desktop-us ) on my PC, and then installing a custom remote for a Humax 9200 (which is the same as the 9150) - the "internal" slingbox default remote has been overwritten by the custom one. This means wherever I access the slingbox from (Android, PC or new Slingcatcher) it uses the same custom (9200) remote on the slingbox solo itself. No more double cursor jumps.

I've just got to get the colour keys working now....

Get the 9200T remote here: http://placeshiftingenthusiasts.com/downloads-available-here/?did=384

It looked a bit daunting to start with, but the readme instructions (included in the custom remote download) were easy to follow, and only took 10 mins or so. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    thdon99 wrote: »
    PSidnell - I've had some success with my Slingbox remote

Thanks, I've got it working - I just forgot to update my entry here.

I went to the sling box forums and got an answer over there in the end. I ended up installing some bin files someone else had made and installing them as you suggested above.

It solved the cursor problems and mapped the other buttons, albeit to obscure unrenamable "custom" buttons.

I'm very pleased with it so far and view mostly from an iPad.

However, I can see why people have so much trouble with it. Most of the online help is split between the old and new config tools which is very confusing.

Also the new browser based config tools don't work properly on the Mac yet (weird password problems).

They've got a new (browser based) remote control config tool but it's still in beta. You can use it to learn from your existing remote. But if you don't have a laptop and your sling box is in a different room from the computer you'll get awfully fit running back and forth :-)
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I'm thinking of getting a Slingbox but I don't know if it's the right product for me. Can anyone give me some advice?

Does it act like sky multi room? ie Can you watch Sky on one channel in one room and another channel in another room using Slingbox?

The problem I have is that we have Sky and one multiroom box in another room but we also put a TV in my daughter's room. Unfortunately there's no phone anywhere near her room to connect another Sky box to & we can't get a strong enough signal to use Freeview.

Can someone help me please?
  • Options
    joshua_welbyjoshua_welby Posts: 9,027
    Forum Member
    You need a a PC or Mobile Phone to use Sling box as it only operates via the Internet
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    You need a a PC or Mobile Phone to use Sling box as it only operates via the Internet

So it could be watched via a laptop?
  • Options
    SteveMcKSteveMcK Posts: 5,458
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    So it could be watched via a laptop?
    Yes, but remember that "it" just means whatever the slingbox is connected to. If you want to use a slingbox to transmit Sky to another room, to watch on a laptop, you'll need a Sky digibox connected to the slingbox, and the slingbox will just "sling" whatever channel the Sky box is tuned to.