• swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    Any one know what happened to that weird Hugh guy :rolleyes:
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »

funnily enough, he had come to mind for me as well.
  • Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    paulbrock wrote: »
    who said it is unable to perform tasks? Again, you're being silly (intentionally, I suspect, mr "I've just joined, honest"). A car can get you from A to B, and still be a pile of crap.

All I'm trying to point out is..... iTunes when used by someone who is competent with it works perfectly for the tasks it was designed for. An as you say, iTunes does everything it was designed to.

I really don't see the issue here, you prefer drag an drop (which you can do with iTunes) but that doesn't mean iTunes is "crap". You just prefer a different adhoc method of content transfer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really don't see the issue here, you prefer drag an drop (which you can do with iTunes) but that doesn't mean iTunes is "crap". You just prefer a different adhoc method of content transfer.

iTunes doesn't make it into lists of Apple's worst products because some people prefer drag and drop.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    funnily enough, he had come to mind for me as well.

No Detective needed there.
  • calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't use iTunes. I'm sure I could cope, despite its obvious and generally-accepted flaws, but I have no need for it.

edit: its like you're saying "why do you think xxx make of car is shit? Can't you drive?" Clearly there are big problems with iTunes. Pretending its down to user incompetence is straw-clutching at its finest.

If iTunes has problems, then syncing music between your computer and your iOS device being too difficult or complex isn't one of them.

Or at least it wasn't for me.

1. Create playlist called iPhone.
    2. Put music I want on my phone in that playlist.
    3. Tell iTunes to sync selected playlists, and select the iPhone playlist.

Whatever problems iTunes has, that isn't complicated or difficult.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can toggle the side bar on or off in iTunes, I worry that some of you guys struggle so much with such a basic piece of software. My kids use it all the time for the iPads an iPods. Not once have they struggled after being shown how to perform the tasks they wanted to.

I strongly advise some of you to NEVER get a job in IT an avoid software/app development at all costs.

I think the problem is we have been using intuitive windows software for years, and have also worked in IT for years.

It makes things difficult when decisions are made for you which are obtuse, which might be obvious if you live in the apple ecosystem where you dont have to make any decisions yourself and are spoon fed the only acceptable way of doing something.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But you can't use iTunes?:D I mean come on, it iTunes, simple basic iTunes , my youngest daughter has literally just downloaded the imagine dragons album an put it on her iPod. SHE'S 9!!

Has she plugged her device into another itunes? Did it sync and wipe her device after a confuscated confirmation message?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is so obtuse about getting music from your computer to another device using iTunes?

And all this guff about being spoon fed is verging on offensive by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    calico_pie wrote: »

iTunes' problem is when you want to do something other than what a 9 or 90 year old would want to do. Something like options.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is so obtuse about getting music from your computer to another device using iTunes?
    Its when you try to do anything outside the Apple box that it doesn't work or is anything other than intuitive.
    And all this guff about being spoon fed is verging on offensive by the way.

I apologise for that. It was in reaction to _Hugh.
  • Everything GoesEverything Goes Posts: 12,972
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple adds Galaxy S 4 to Samsung patent suit

Apple hate competition!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/14/apple_adds_galaxy_s_4_to_samsung_patent_suit/
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apple adds Galaxy S 4 to Samsung patent suit

Apple hate competition!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/14/apple_adds_galaxy_s_4_to_samsung_patent_suit/

Yeah, thank god google and samsung don't sue anyone:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    Yeah, thank god google and samsung don't sue anyone:rolleyes:

Steve Jobs started it :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

accepting that it works fine for what you use it for, do you think there are any improvements that can be made to iTunes that might be of benefit to other customers?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Steve Jobs started it :mad:

Really:confused: I assumed companies had been suing each other years before that.
  • Trevor_MaloneTrevor_Malone Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    accepting that it works fine for what you use it for, do you think there are any improvements that can be made to iTunes that might be of benefit to other customers?

Of course there will be improvements to come, do you think there are improvements to Android that could benefit customers?

Or improvements Firefox, Internet explorer, windows. Software has a constant evolution cycle generally right up to when it's discontinued.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I'm sure there are, but that could be said about pretty much any software.

That software could be improved, doesn't mean the software is crap though.

This is exactly what I mean when I say that some people see all of this in black and white. In this case, either iTunes does everything that someone wants, or it's crap. That's an absurdly simplistic view to take.

And we were talking about syncing originally, and whether or not it was more difficult / complex than dragging and dropping files.

Do you really think that syncing music between iTunes and another device, as I have described it, it difficult or complex?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course there will be improvements to come, do you think there are improvements to Android that could benefit customers?

Or improvements Firefox, Internet explorer, windows. Software has a constant evolution cycle generally right up to when it's discontinued.

Have you even used iTunes on windows?

If not have you used MS office on OSX? Its meant to be just as shite.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure there are, but that could be said about pretty much any software.

That software could be improved, doesn't mean the software is crap though.

And we were talking about syncing originally, and whether or not it was more difficult / complex than dragging and dropping files.

Do you really think that syncing music between iTunes and another device, as I have described it, it difficult or complex?

It can sync, and thats about it. Any configuration desired and your shafted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well, syncing was the topic that started all of this, when people seemed to think it was difficult or complex.

What sort of configurations do you mean?

Using syncing in conjunction with playlists can do some pretty useful stuff. For example, if I want all my favourite music that I haven't listened to for three months on my phone, I can just create a smart playlist based on last played and rating, and have that playlist be the one that syncs with my phone. Because its based partly on last played, that playlist will always be updating by itself.

So then I can always have my favourite music that I haven't listened to in a while on my phone, automatically.

Not something I can do with dragging and dropping.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What is it you are having trouble getting it to do?
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swordman wrote: »

I'm sure he's still here in some capacity. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is it you are having trouble getting it to do?

The biggest problem i and a few had was knowing whether iTunes was going to wipe your device for you when you had multiple iTunes talking with your iDevice.

I had a few collegues who lost contacts, apps, data, etc when using iTunes at work which seems the only way of using an iOS device as a usb stick.

Why do you have to manage the entire part of a library from one itunes just to add one song?

Then there are the people including myself you lost everything just trying to update their device through itunes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really:confused: I assumed companies had been suing each other years before that.

Bitter, twisted, sad man Steve Jobs said:

I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank, to right this wrong. I'm going to destroy Android, because it's a stolen product. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this.

http://www.dailytech.com/Steve+Jobs+Im+Going+to+Destroy+Android+Because+Its+a+Stolen+Product/article23077.htm