Wolves Thread

Comments

• walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,907
    Forum Member
    If it was one pitch invasion yes, I think when you get to 3 or 4 pitch invasions in the same match it probably isn't. It wasn't as if we had scored a last minute goal to get promoted.

What would have happened for instance if a Rotherham player faked injury, pretending he had being punched by a fan! (Extreme made up situation maybe, but certainly possible.)

But this is not unique to Wolves though. I disagree with pitch invasions from fans from all clubs.

But like I said, tell me when the last time a game was abandoned because of a pitch invasion.
    Forum Member
    Champions now as well unless we manage to get tanked in the last 2 games. Great performance all round.
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But like I said, tell me when the last time a game was abandoned because of a pitch invasion.

Can't remember. But then again there isn't often 3 or 4 pitch invasions in one match.
  • stokesy_9stokesy_9 Posts: 481
    Forum Member
    Champions!
    3 more points needed to beat the points record too! :D
  • wolvesdavidwolvesdavid Posts: 10,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have now won the league, with 2 games left hopefully we can get the record points total for League 1.
  • Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    Great season - really enjoyed it. Wouldn't mind staying in L1 and doing it all again next year ;-)
    Forum Member
    Can't remember. But then again there isn't often 3 or 4 pitch invasions in one match.

You can't remember because it hasn't happened for years. Leeds invaded the pitch far more than us a few years ago and that was never abandoned. It's just hyperbole to suggest it was ever likely.
    Forum Member
    Don't know if it's just me, but my memory of the 3rd and 4th division champions seasons was that we won every match and were amazing. Yet we've got far more points this season than in either of those seasons!
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Congrats to wolfs though it pains me to say ;)

Midlands football is at an all time low so at least you lot did it proud - even if it was sunday league teams you were playing!!
    Forum Member
    Been a bit quiet on the transfer front with only a couple of freebies coming in. How do people think we are going to do?

Think I will be happy with upper mid table and well pleased if we are pushing towards the play offs come May
  • Wolfman13Wolfman13 Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Been a bit quiet on the transfer front with only a couple of freebies coming in. How do people think we are going to do?

Think I will be happy with upper mid table and well pleased if we are pushing towards the play offs come May

That's what I think. As long as we finish top 10-11 then it'll be a successful season.
    Forum Member
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    That's what I think. As long as we finish top 10-11 then it'll be a successful season.

Just hope that the majority of our support think that way as well!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just hope that the majority of our support think that way as well!!

Hope so too but we need to remember we've got a young side who will need time to get used to the pace of the Championship. I'm looking forward to seeing Price, Evans, Macalliden (sp) and Batth et all doing well.
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tough opening game today.

Best wishes Wolves fans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good win yesterday but should have taken most of our chances. :D Rajiv Van La Parra looks like a great find and on a free as well.
    Forum Member
    Wolfman13 wrote: »
    Good win yesterday but should have taken most of our chances. :D Rajiv Van La Parra looks like a great find and on a free as well.

Yep - I was most impressed with the quality of the bench - Henry, Jacobs, Price and Ricketts on it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ...with jackett in charge,and irvine at the albion..i can see wolves passing the baggies on the way down :(
    Forum Member
    ...with jackett in charge,and irvine at the albion..i can see wolves passing the baggies on the way down :(

In some ways I would like that - in other ways I would love to see the BCD as a regular fixture in the Premier League
    Forum Member
    Well I haven't been around much lately with one thing and another but thought it was about time this thread was given a bit of an airing!!

So, it looks like a play off place is on the casrds but given our form at the moment is auto promotion out of the question?

If we can keep Afobe, Sako and Dicko firing on all cylinders who knows?
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I haven't been around much lately with one thing and another but thought it was about time this thread was given a bit of an airing!!

So, it looks like a play off place is on the casrds but given our form at the moment is auto promotion out of the question?

Nice to see Afobe is doing well for you- I've always rated him but he was always going to struggle to get much game time for us.
    Forum Member
    Hayden wrote: »
    Nice to see Afobe is doing well for you- I've always rated him but he was always going to struggle to get much game time for us.

Was still quite surprised that Arsenal let him go permanently, but pleased

He's forming a formidable partnership with Dicko and Sako but unfortunately Albion and Palace are already sniffing around him so if we don't go up this year and are not up amongst the front runners early on next season I can see him going.

We'll almost certainly lose Sako as well at the end of this season unless we go up. On a free as well!!
    Forum Member

My mates laughed at me when I suggested automatic promotion was still on. We are the in form team after all.

Good to see you back PM.
    Forum Member
    Thanks Walter
  • John_Adam1John_Adam1 Posts: 1,755
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zenga has been sacked after only a few months, so Wolves are now looking for a new manager again.

Big Sam?
  • HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karl Robinson?