Options

Did the housemates think they were evicting Sunshine?

bananaman_007bananaman_007 Posts: 8,707
Forum Member
Still trying to get my head round why so many voted for her, surely they must have misunderstood and thought they were evicting her.

Comments

• Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure.

I didn't like it. Felt like some of them were relishing it. It was obvious she wasn't happy, why rub salt into the wound by singing like Mario did. I know he was just relieved not to be evicted but still, he should know how it would have felt.
  • Options
    JustinCredibleJustinCredible Posts: 19,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of them said later that they didn't think she was the mole anyway. Except Govan who probably did just want rid of her.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    I don't think they thought she was actually going - just that they would rather risk her going than anyone else, no matter who the mole actually was.
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I expect some of them were and didn't care judging by the laughs as they held up her name.

That's gotta hurt.

It was all about saving poor Mario but sod Sunshine - we're willing (happy even) to sacrifice her if needs be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    we've seen it all before tho havent we? Strong charachter rubs everyone up the wrong way. as a collective unit they turn on them, the strong character gets upset for a few days showing their human side. The other housemates sympathise and they all live happily ever after.
  • Options
    cleocleo Posts: 4,570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For all they knew the mole was a completely fake persona and an actor working for the production team, so I think Sunshine is the most obvious choice

She said she's a medical student, but shows no signs of having a scientific bent. She calls herself Sunshine and a Vegan. Her story doesn't seem real
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was a bit weird. didn't expect so many people to be writing her name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Like OP, I'm also trying to understand why it happened they mostly voted Sunshine. Posted this in another thread but copying here:

It wasn't just random they nearly all chose Sunshine though, was it? I thought it was due to the moment when Mario turned the tables and accused Sunshine of being the mole and blaming him all the time to deflect. That plus Sunshine's making such a big deal of trying to point the finger at Mario.

I even thought some HMs were saying 'Ooooh, Sunshine's the mole' sort of ironically when Mario suggested it.

Anyway, it just meant the 'idea' of Sunshine = mole was in the air, even if people didn't necessarily believe it. And at the same time it is an indication that HMs think she's a bit OTT.

Didn't anyone else make the connection to the Mario reverse accusation of Sunshine? I wasn't paying 100% attention and would like to see that bit of the HL show again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    I expect some of them were and didn't care judging by the laughs as they held up her name.

That's gotta hurt.

It was all about saving poor Mario but sod Sunshine - we're willing (happy even) to sacrifice her if needs be.

Pretty much seemed that way.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think they all thought she was the mole, but I think a lot of them werent sure, and went for Sunshine because she was the person they wouldnt miss if she left.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got the impression that they knew it wasn't her, especially after the epic fuss she made over the ventilation shaft in the toilet, and the laughs were because they'd ALL written her name down, and it just got funnier and funnier the more times her name was read out. I think they thought she'd find it funny too, knowing it wasn't her, and the histrionics were probably totally unexpected.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,350
    Forum Member
    I think there was some subliminal voting messages going on. They were almost saying who they wanted to vote for in nominations.

They she wasn't going then but!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hmmmm it's hard to say...on the one hand i haven't really taken to sunshine at all...but she doesnt bother me either. I think the housemates wouldnt openly vote anyone off the show without looking somewhat guilty...after all they have to play to us don't they? if they thought we wouldnt approve of all the laughing or giggling when sunshine's name was called out...or if they weren't 100% sure that a callous or uncaring appearance could back fire on them...they said would have added apologetic murmurs. They still get the person they want out but look sad about doing it so we don't think they are nasty sods.

i think they did not believe it was sunshine at all...and maybe it was more along the line (unspoken perhaps) of "shut up already". So less convoluted lol...no they knew it wasnt her and they knew there was no risk.

i am curious though about the couple who did vote mario....
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where they not laughing for the sheer fact that they didnt exect so many to have written the same name?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunshine said 'Do you KNOW how scared I was when you all said my name'. Why? She knew she wasn't the mole and was therefore in no danger of being evicted.

I think the others thought it a big joke (and most of them suspected Mario and were'nt going to put him down).

Sunshine just couldn't wrap her head around the fact that maybe some didn't like her, nor how much they resented her for harping on about Mario - since Efe, Steve and others thought they might lose the task if they outed Mario as the mole.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    -Sid- wrote: »

That's gotta hurt.

completely agree with this
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    that was a bit weird. didn't expect so many people to be writing her name.
    I did. They clearly calculated that if they vote for the person they dislike, they might just get lucky! Hardly rocket science really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    Lou17 wrote: »
    Where they not laughing for the sheer fact that they didnt exect so many to have written the same name?

They were all reading each others card, so they did realize who each other were voting...the risk was that it couldve been Sunshite but they didn't really give a monkeys. pretty wretched for her I would say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did. They clearly calculated that if they vote for the person they dislike, they might just get lucky! Hardly rocket science really.

I missed any drama which she has caused with the other hm's, so to me it didnt make sense.
  • Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think they thought she was actually going - just that they would rather risk her going than anyone else, no matter who the mole actually was.

Spot on.
  • Options
    dancing ledgedancing ledge Posts: 13,902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cleo wrote: »
    For all they knew the mole was a completely fake persona and an actor working for the production team, so I think Sunshine is the most obvious choice

She said she's a medical student, but shows no signs of having a scientific bent. She calls herself Sunshine and a Vegan. Her story doesn't seem real

On the contrary, her thought processes seem to me those of a scientist. She worked the mole out by testing her theories logically. She put two and two together and discovered the vent, for example.
  • Options
    Lou17Lou17 Posts: 30,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GoodEgg- Oh Ok cheers :)

Maybe they were just under the assumption only the true mole would be indanger, and really knew Sunshine wasnt it as sould probably didnt seem like a realisitic choice to follow all theat happened out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i still think they knew it wasnt her.
    if i were on bb and i had that choice to make...i think i would act, at the very least, sorry to say her name. you have to remember we notice things like that and if we see someone acting like they do not care...or are calloused...we mark it down and we remember. they were not acting like they might actually be evicting someone...
    sunshine should have realised that and not had such a strop over it which in the long run...has probably created some real bad blood in the house...and that also wont forget. what do you want to bet...Govan nominates her...or she him?
  • Options
    Star_BrightStar_Bright Posts: 11,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    I'm not sure.

I didn't like it. Felt like some of them were relishing it. It was obvious she wasn't happy, why rub salt into the wound by singing like Mario did. I know he was just relieved not to be evicted but still, he should know how it would have felt.

Mario is such a tit. I can't stand him.
  • Options
    CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only inside the paranoid mind of Sunshine. Everyone was laughing when they revealed the names, no-one thought there would be serious repurcussions, except maybe Ife/Corin voting Mario when she knew he was the real mole doing a secret task.