Options

More for Mo Harris in EE?

PhoenixblissPhoenixbliss Posts: 9,478
Forum Member
I really feel that Mo Harris is criminally underused by the shows writers but according to the Eastenders website her character has 2 sons aswell as the slater grandchildren through her late daughter.I think to build up the harris family and bring in her sons as regulars is an obviously brilliant idea.I dont think their absence has been explained.

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Mo is the matriarch of one of the shows best families-we need to develop her more!
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i never new she had 2 sons?

i dunno, i agree thats shes under used, maybe it has somthing to do with the age of the actress and the filming comitments of a heavy storyline,

i do however feel that her and pats storyline has never really been made the most of,

there was that spin off years ago but then just left, why?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I agree-I think her two sons would be Pats nephews unless my memory from bbc website is wrong-so theres potential there too to devlop the pat and mo relationship
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    I bet her brother Gary Oldman just loves introducing her to his Hollywood pals LOL
  • Options
    jimbo23jimbo23 Posts: 1,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its a shame they never thought about it when they introduced kevin wicks, would have worked just as well
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    No thanks.
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    I bet her brother Gary Oldman just loves introducing her to his Hollywood pals LOL

Lol, isn't it weird to think that her sister in law was once Uma Thurman!? :eek::D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Was Kevin Wicks Simon Wicks cousin from Pats first husband who was thought to be Simons father but it was pete beale?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think Mo Harris sons have to appear sometime as does Clare Butcher-check my Clare Butcher thread.

do you think the shows producers have a planned list to eventually bring in these family members or is it more decided last minute to introduce them rather than planned years in advance?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect she'll move into the Vic with Kat and Alfie along with Alfie's cousin Michael, it would be interesting to see the Harris family come into the show at some point because Pat has another brother called Geoff Harris, along with Mo's children by Jimmy, Billy and Jean.
  • Options
    mickmarsmickmars Posts: 7,438
    Forum Member
    Hulllad10 wrote: »
    I suspect she'll move into the Vic with Kat and Alfie along with Alfie's cousin Michael, it would be interesting to see the Harris family come into the show at some point because Pat has another brother called Geoff Harris, along with Mo's children by Jimmy, Billy and Jean.

what about Spencer Moon...he was popular and i could never quite figure out why he suddenly left..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mickmars wrote: »
    what about Spencer Moon...he was popular and i could never quite figure out why he suddenly left..?

He was written out due to the actor's personal problems
  • Options
    Ryan-BRyan-B Posts: 1,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    reckon she will move in the vic with alfie and kat when they return
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon we'll see more of her when Kat & Alfie return
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has she even had her own long running storyline?
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Has she even had her own long running storyline?

her bonks with fat elvis are still going on :D
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    She could sell some dodgy goods again. Not done that for a good few weeks.
  • Options
    rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lets hope they dont try and mould her into the new Peggy!.. It wont work!
  • Options
    Charcole911Charcole911 Posts: 6,353
    Forum Member
    rick182 wrote: »
    Lets hope they dont try and mould her into the new Peggy!.. It wont work!

I can here her. "Go on get outta ma pub...go on..get out of it"
    KAT: Actually nan its my pub, and we're going to rename it Lyn's Mo.
    ALFIE: Awful name. Lets call it the Spencer Inn
    PHIL:Actually you guys only have this place while I deflate, act drunk and leave for a few months to do a panto. When am back am gonna bring you all down and get the vic back.
    MO: Yeh like thats never been done before :rolleyes:

Sam walks in.

SAM: Hey all guess what I'm pregnant, not sure who the father is yet
    PHIL: *deflates*
    HEATHER: Don't worry sweetheart we've all been there

Sorry got carried away
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can here her. "Go on get outta ma pub...go on..get out of it"
    KAT: Actually nan its my pub, and we're going to rename it Lyn's Mo.
    ALFIE: Awful name. Lets call it the Spencer Inn
    PHIL:Actually you guys only have this place while I deflate, act drunk and leave for a few months to do a panto. When am back am gonna bring you all down and get the vic back.
    MO: Yeh like thats never been done before :rolleyes:

Sam walks in.

SAM: Hey all guess what I'm pregnant, not sure who the father is yet
    PHIL: *deflates*
    HEATHER: Don't worry sweetheart we've all been there

Sorry got carried away

:D:D:D
  • Options
    StubeStube Posts: 16,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really feel that Mo Harris is criminally underused by the shows writers but according to the Eastenders website her character has 2 sons aswell as the slater grandchildren through her late daughter.I think to build up the harris family and bring in her sons as regulars is an obviously brilliant idea.I dont think their absence has been explained.

Why don't you email the EastEnders team and they might consider the suggestion? :)

It sounds like a great idea and would be a unique route to go down. Introducing a family 10 years after the mother was introduced is a very interesting and original idea.
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 139,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stube wrote: »
    Why don't you email the EastEnders team and they might consider the suggestion? :)

It sounds like a great idea and would be a unique route to go down. Introducing a family 10 years after the mother was introduced is a very interesting and original idea.

maybe they will bring them in

However I'd prefer to see david and simon wicks back myself
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mo had more depth in her first 3 years.The writers have let her down.They caricatured Dot in the early 90s thats why June Brown left for a few years,wanted to be more serious,rounded.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree! Mo is so underused its pratically criminal. However, perhaps...
    As it seems Charlie will die in the Vic fire, and with the return of Kat & Alfie, she will be used more as the "figurehead" of the Slater/Moon clan? Perhaps with Charlies death and the returns it will be an opportunity to delve deeper into her character and involve her in more storylines? If Charlie does die, I'd imagine she'll be given some excellent material as the two had become rather close friends over the years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh give me a hint about that spoiler please!