Liz Jones - YOU magazine

Comments

• Options
    crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member
    My new additions are now published on urbandictionary.com

"Combing the Collie"
    "The Daily Misogynist"

unfortunately, you'll have to google them because this browser I'm using is having trouble with urban dictionary, but trust, it's THERE and it's FUNNY:D
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »

he he Ta!

I make meself laugh doing them things - if I'd have known UD was so easy I'd have made it far worse!
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Bellagio wrote: »

Ha ha ha - love it!!! :D:D:D
  • Options
    missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member

"Combing the Collie"
    "The Daily Misogynist"

unfortunately, you'll have to google them because this browser I'm using is having trouble with urban dictionary, but trust, it's THERE and it's FUNNY:D

Loving the irony of someone accusing the Daily Heil of misogyny while writing the former.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Loving the irony of someone accusing the Daily Heil of misogyny while writing the former.

Uhm, yes this is true. The irony sucks. In my defence..... (starts making up excuses rapidly and tries hard not to dig a big hole)

As a female and a feminist, I was really only specifically referring to LJ (who is possibly female and definitely not feminist) as an act of pure nastiness but I thought I'd better make it general otherwise they wouldn't publish it. However since I realised it's soooo easy to get published I would have made it LJ specific & even quoted her chunk of meaningless twaddle to prove the point. It wasn't particularly an act of misogyny more an act of person specific reference.

Sorry.....:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

"Combing the Collie"
    "The Daily Misogynist"

^^ :D:D

LJ's failure to treat other females in a more sororal* manner is probably the secret of her 'success' at the Daily Mysog.

*the word LJ meant to use the other day?, (although an amended version of "I would love to get on my Sapphic high horse" would probably cause even greater concern to the RSPCA....:eek:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ahh you think that's what she meant instead of Sapphic? Yeh, I get it now.

She's like THE WORST writer ever, has poor vocabulary, makes non-sequiters, leaps of twisted non-logic, maybe she just throws alphabet spaghetti in a bowl and sees what happens? Contradicts herself 5 times in the space of one paragraph, blatantly lies, seems to have some form of memory loss or dementia insofar as at least if you're going to LIE, stick to the story, is delusional, has no perception of reality and is generally frankly INSANE, and not in a good way.

How does the editor pass that JUNK writing? It's not even worthy of a student magazine (<insults student magazines badly). Or, should I say, it's not even worthy of the Daily Misogynist!
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just reading an article she wrote in the Mail about people not listening, and she wrote:-

I was in *Harrods the other day, and I was late for a hair appointment at the Urban Retreat.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1304217/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Why-DO-young-women-attention-span-goldfish.html#ixzz0x45wN7h0

Im sorry, but i REALLY wish i was as skint as her. Wasnt she saying the other week that she was having to buy home dye kits ?
  • Options
    MinetteMinette Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    'Why do young women have the attention span of a goldfish?' or
    'Why are lots of women nicer, younger and prettier than me?'.

Give it up Daily Mail, Liz is not 'funny', 'outrageous' or even 'downright rude', it's getting a bit whiny and sad now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using the dog's shampoo too. But... you have to bear in mind that this is a woman who wrote in a book "I have to point out that everything you are about to read on the following pages is true, by the way", then stated further into the volume "You have to bear in mind that throughout this chapter that I was, in April 2000, 36-and-a-half years old".

Nope, she was in fact 41 years and seven months old. :eek:
  • Options
    opticomopticom Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    SinSeer wrote: »
    She comes across as a complete waste of Space NK (sic). :cool:
    I only buy Mail on Sunday to read her columns
  • Options
    georgeshairgeorgeshair Posts: 1,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    opticom wrote: »
    I only buy Mail on Sunday to read her columns

Crikey, what a waste of dead trees!
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I reckon she's one of those people who have these rants at people after the event and in their heads and then relay the 'conversation' to others as if it actually happened, which of course it didn't.

I know someone who does this and I sit there listening to how she berated some poor soul but in my head I'm thinking, 'yeah, yeah, course you said all that. NOT'. I've known her for over 20 years and have yet to witness any of these bollockings.

Anyway, didn't Liz tell some therapist that she was painfully shy, or something?
  • Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    Just seen the former Mr Jones on BBC Breakfast, commenting on the decline of lads' mags. Mr Personality Plus :rolleyes:
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what a sorry reflection on modern womankind these two make: one wants to look older, the other is desperate to stay freakishly young.
    Is no one happy with the age they are?

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1304217/LIZ-JONES-MOANS-Why-DO-young-women-attention-span-goldfish.html#ixzz0xF2M7xdX

Ahahahahaha!!!!!
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    nick202 wrote: »
    Just seen the former Mr Jones on BBC Breakfast, commenting on the decline of lads' mags. Mr Personality Plus :rolleyes:

I saw that too; didn't realise he was so gormless! :D
  • Options
    Nuts In MayNuts In May Posts: 1,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ‘Hello, can you put me through please to Strutt & Parker in Exeter in Devon.’

Strutt and Parker? The estate agents?

Is she selling up?

Edit - she is! I recognise the purple sofa and the kitchen from a magazine article!

http://www.struttandparker.com/property-for-sale/dulverton-somerset/property_EXE100142.html

http://www.struttandparker.com/html2/assets/pdfs/EXE100142.PDF
  • Options
    aligailaligail Posts: 481
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only possible word for this (apart from "unbelievable", of course) is "laughable".
  • Options
    cathrincathrin Posts: 4,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aligail wrote: »

"You can't mean you are scared of me? Big shot journalist." :D:rolleyes:;) Liz, people do not talk to each other like this in real life, only in cringeworthy soaps and/or Jackie Collins novels circa 1982, where characters constantly have to state each other's identifying characteristics to remind the readers/viewers who they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1305065/LIZ-JONES-Your-wool-organic-Sir-poor-sheep.html
    - She says she heckled the Prince of Wales about using wool - however in her blog a few weeks ago when talking about this same lunch, all she says about it is "On Monday, Prince Charles launched a Campaign for Wool over lunch at the National Woollen Museum in deepest Wales. I was so excited to be shaking the royal hand (below) that I forgot to curtsey!"

I see she has also fitted in a trip to Rome in the last couple of weeks - but don't you feel sorry for her having to queue with ordinary tourists. There should be a special queue for important properly dressed people like her !

"Later that same day, I joined the queues of sportswear-clad, overweight, digital camera-wielding humans at the Colosseum in Rome."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Odd that she went to the Coliseum and didn't mention one of the things that it's famous for, and that I can't believe she didn't whip herself into a frenzy of (self-)righteous indignation about.

The place is swarming with stray cats. Always has been.

Also, logic isn't her strong suit. Witness:

"When cars, helicopters and even bicycles proved unable to carry provisions to people marooned by flood water, mules and donkeys were brought into service"

Then, three sentences later:

"I wonder anyone has the gall to conscript them into service in a time of need."

Er... you just said why - or were the relief teams supposed to carry said supplies in on their backs ? But of course, in LJ's world, the survival of mere humans must come second to the well-being of their animals. Never mind that without humans to feed them the animals will die.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aligail wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1305065/LIZ-JONES-Your-wool-organic-Sir-poor-sheep.html
    - She says she heckled the Prince of Wales about using wool - however in her blog a few weeks ago when talking about this same lunch, all she says about it is "On Monday, Prince Charles launched a Campaign for Wool over lunch at the National Woollen Museum in deepest Wales. I was so excited to be shaking the royal hand (below) that I forgot to curtsey!"

Isn't she the one with black mountain sheeps wool insulation in her loft? Did the wool from that just fall off the sheep or something?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ber wrote: »
    Isn't she the one with black mountain sheeps wool insulation in her loft? Did the wool from that just fall off the sheep or something?
    Ah - but those sheep were probably "holistically sheared " !
This discussion has been closed.