The Ratings Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joe40 wrote: »

I think the BBC know that most dramas they put their will start with good ratings as there is vertually no competition from others channels.

I imagine it will begin with over 5.5m if not over 6m, and continue will that level having millionaire as easy competition :rolleyes:
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    Its become an unbeatable slot for bbc one. New dramas can safely bed in on a Tuesday night and almost guareentees a second run.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Please not ANOTHER award show - How many are they now?!?!

Can't people accept their crap/good without the need of an award show and invest money into drama?

I can remember when it was only the BAFTAs and the TV Times awards. The British Soap Awards always make me want to run to the pub as it's like This Morning at night.
  • NeilVWNeilVW Posts: 8,635
    Forum Member
    Scoobyh1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what The Valleys got last night?

Thanks

MTV (inc +1)
    22:00 - The Valleys: 172k (1.1%)
    * slot average: 235k (1.4%)
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yoshi Fan wrote: »
    After BBC3 shoved the odious Grimshaw in our face for weeks, his show flops spectacularly. I can't help but have a little chuckle at this.:D

BBC3 will be better off showing Snooker then Grimshaw :D
  • dillandillan Posts: 2,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NeilVW wrote: »
    MTV (inc +1)

Ouch, I guess it will do well in the officials though.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doctor Who timeshift latest for Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS: 6.203m

Nothing on Britain's Got Talent or The Voice UK, I'm afraid.

Thanks to Yog101 on the Doctor Who Ratings Thread for the figure.
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    LOL. ITV can't win either way though when it comes to starting News at Ten on time or delaying it just in case someone says something interesting. In many ways ITV played a blinder by cutting him off and letting the media speculate rather than Jose clarify what he said. He obviously had nothing to add to what was already said as otherwise I'm sure he'd have mentioned it today.
    It was such a blinder that ITV won't be showing the last 5 mins of games from now on to keep fans guessing as to what the final score is.......
  • BrekkieBrekkie Posts: 24,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    It was such a blinder that ITV won't be showing the last 5 mins of games from now on to keep fans guessing as to what the final score is.......
    LOL. Well along with the last 5 the BBC don't show the first 85 minutes of football games either.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Missed The Wright Way last week but caught it tonight.

I chuckled my way through much of it. :)

Shame it's a bit overwritten, and David Haig (for some reason, because I like him and he's a good actor) completely overplays the character. It's basically the same character he played in Thin Blue Line but turned up to 11. This wasn't a million miles off being a half-decent comedy, though it's too late to tinker once it's in the can and ready to hit the screens, of course.

But I don't for one minute think this is an abomination of a sitcom, and don't think it deserved shunting into the 10.35pm graveyard.
    I loved it. It's just the kind of sitcom I like. Loved the bit with the salami, the onions and the shop dummy. :D
  • Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Brekkie wrote: »
    LOL. Well along with the last 5 the BBC don't show the first 85 minutes of football games either.
    Perhaps they should as at least the BBC manage to show all goals and interviews, though this less is more coverage ITV are using might catch on.
  • PizzatheactionPizzatheaction Posts: 20,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eastenders may have ratings issues but Corrie has been dealt another blow; all Ken Barlow scenes are to be cut following this morning's news.

https://twitter.com/lucymanning/status/329535745784164352
    I have visions of the delightful Lucinda chasing him on foot.
    Forum Member
    The series finale of The Syndicate last week consolidated to 6.71m (25.0%), adding 1.24m to the overnight.

The Wright Way ended up with 2.33m (15.0%) consolidated, up a little from the overnight of 2.16m (16.8%), but the latter was distorted by it not being shown in Scotland at the same time, and so that consolidated figure is for England, Wales and Northern Ireland only. The non-Scotland overnight was 1.92m (16.4%), so it actually timeshifted by +411k in the rest of the UK.

If anyone is interested, when it got shown in Scotland last Wednesday at 22:35, The Wright Way achieved an overnight of 203.5k (17.1%), ahead of the BBC One Scotland slot average of 16.3%.
    Andy23 wrote: »
    That's one way (the wright way?) to spin the rating.

Didn't Food Glorious Food retain most of it's audience every week?

The fact it started low and is now well below slot average, possibly the lowest rating show in that slot for a while, and is being slated by all parties (besides Robbie), is another way to look at it.

In overnight data, The Wright Way actually started above the slot average share in the last 12 months (16.8% vs 14.8%) and episode 2 was still above the slot average share (15.0% vs 14.6%). Less than you might hope for, for a new sitcom, but not "well below slot average".

Food Glorious Food was reasonably stable, bouncing around in the 2.1m-2.7m range (inc +1), but its premiere's share of 12.7% was way below the slot average of 21.6%, so it was starting from a low baseline relative to slot average, compared with Mr Elton's effort. It still managed to dip 10% in week 2, however.
    Forum Member
    If anyone is interested, when it got shown in Scotland last Wednesday at 22:35, The Wright Way achieved an overnight of 203.5k (17.1%), ahead of the BBC One Scotland slot average of 16.3%.

Slight correction here: BBC One Scotland isn't tape-checked: the above figure was for 22:35-23:05, so the proper tape-checked figure was 174k (15.5%), which may be slightly below the 22:40-23:10 slot average in that nation (I can't tell precisely).
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Midsomer Murders is surprisngly the most watched imported program in Denmark, beating the competition for the last 12years with 30-40pct shares: http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/may/02/midsomer-murders-denmark-hit
    Schmidt said DR1 had won the Saturday night ratings battle in Denmark for more than a decade because Midsomer Murders "beat everything the competition can come up with", attracting a 30%-40% share of the audience share.

"Midsomer Murders is the best performing acquired programme of all – that goes for Scandinavia in general, but especially on Danish television," he told the magazine.

"We have it in the biggest slot for us, which is Saturday night at around 9pm, and it has been beating the competition for 12 or 13 years - as long as it's been around.

"We always win Saturday night because of that. It's the No 1 big hit on DR1. That is the key to our success – we can't fail if we get a good British detective story."
    So in a role reversal of us Brits, many of whom watch the dark and moody BBC4 Scandi dramas on Saturday nights, the Danes do the opposite and watch the gentle british dramas.
  • Andy ParishAndy Parish Posts: 527
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Wright Way is beyond terrible and will continue to lose viewers next week. Considering that it doesn't appear to be adding any significant numbers on iPlayer (it's not even entered the Top 30, unlike Citizen Khan which regularly featured in the Top 5 most weeks). I'd predict* it will be axed after this run ends.

*pray
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,858
    Forum Member
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Thank you. The bbc schedulers are idiots. That prime 7.10pm slot was handed to them on a plate due to the FA Cup final but instead of putting it there, they show it far too late and clash it against the end of BGT. At least on the Sunday, it'll recover and thrash Catchphrase and Otr. I thought there was a rule though that MOTD had to start by 10.30pm apart from special occasions like the proms.

I actually think its the Right thing to do, People don't like chasing things around schedules and The Voice is going to be around an hour for a few weeks now, so stick to a consistent slot and they'll be fine :)
  • rr22rr22 Posts: 7,630
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Doctor Who timeshift latest for Journey to the Centre of the TARDIS:

Thanks to Yog101 on the Doctor Who Ratings Thread for the figure.

So much for an three year low. Its doing well despite its hopeless scheduling.
  • FuddFudd Posts: 167,000
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cestrian18 wrote: »
    I actually think its the Right thing to do, People don't like chasing things around schedules and The Voice is going to be around an hour for a few weeks now, so stick to a consistent slot and they'll be fine :)

They're not going to though; on 18th May the show's going to be moving forward by a couple of hours due to Eurovision.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georged123 wrote: »
    Perhaps they should as at least the BBC manage to show all goals and interviews, though this less is more coverage ITV are using might catch on.

I am reminded of the ranting loonies (here naturally!) who said itv should have stayed on air to hear Fergies comments post the Real Madrid exit. Of course they'd still be on air a month and a half later waiting.....

But this isn't mentioned now by those who posted it so angrily at the time. I wonder why?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How is BGT live working this year?

Are they starting on Bank Holiday weekend and how are they getting to the final on the 8th June? Is it over 2 weeks?
  • Scoobyh1Scoobyh1 Posts: 2,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MTV (inc +1)

Wow....thats pretty awful...

I expected it to top at least 500k.

I'm sure it will pick up as the series progresses. It usually does.

Thank you for that by the way.
  • ScoreScore Posts: 17,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MasterChef: 5.22m

Corrie: 7.94m
    Mr & Mrs: 4.53m
    Scott & Bailey: 4.78m

24 Hours In A&E: 2.55m

Inc +1 where relevant.
  • kwynne42kwynne42 Posts: 75,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    MasterChef: 5.22m

Corrie: 7.94m
    Mr & Mrs: 4.53m
    Scott & Bailey: 4.78m

24 Hours In A&E: 2.55m

Inc +1 where relevant.

Masterchef didn't hurt S&B too much.

Speaking of criminals and TV former broadcastic great pleaded guilty to indecent assualts in court this morning so that's the last we will see of him then.

Sometimes wonder if all the famous TV stars from my Youth weren't at it (don't think there is an utter despair smilie)
  • mrmattybeckmrmattybeck Posts: 1,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scot and bailey did better than I throught glad it's holding up well now after the last few weeks:) been a Gud series
This discussion has been closed.