Last Movie You Watched? (Part 6)

Comments

• yellowparkyellowpark Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Canyons.

I watched it this evening, just released this Friday.

I like it it, my kinda films.
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Annapolis..it didn't get good reviews but Ioved it, reminded me a bit of Top Gun 8/10
  • balthasarbalthasar Posts: 2,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2LDK simple effective and full of dark humour.
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Way Way Back. Excellent.

Perhaps a slightly quieter version of Bill Murray's Meatballs? But Steve Carrell actually played a very good and believably unlikeable person. And Sam Rockwell can do no wrong, IMO.
  • GellymissGellymiss Posts: 1,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    newkid30 wrote: »
    The Cove - 2009 winner best Oscar Documentary about dolphin catching in Japan. I was distraught after watching it, deeply upsetting. 7/10

I haven't seen this, but I managed to catch Blackfish when I was in Calif and it was a distressful watch. Stayed with me for days...:(
  • Nessun DormaNessun Dorma Posts: 12,846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KatieLuLu2 wrote: »
    I watched The Proposal and enjoyed it. 9/10
    I love the ending where his grandma faked a heart attack. :)

NO SPOLERS!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Three Musketeers (1948) - 7/10

I have mostly enjoyed the many renditions of Dumas's tales, but this is one I won't be rushing to watch again. My favourite has to be the Oliver Reed/Richard Chamberlain/Frank Finlay/Michael York version. I know it wasn't as close to the book as it could have been, but it was an excellent movie nonetheless. The sequels were just as good. The untimely death of Roy Kinnear during the shooting of The Return of the Musketeers was very tragic.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Belgian horror, Calvaire :eek:
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A real oldie but goodie;I watched Vincent price
    last night in the classic 'Theatre Of Blood'.
    What a cast! Jack Hawkins,Ian Hendry,Robert
    Morley,Arthur Lowe,Milo O'Shea etc...
    Plus the gorgeous Madeline Smith as someones
    secreatary,and Prices own wife Coral Browne as
    one of the victims! Superb,brings back memories
    of the friday night horror films on ITV/Central!
  • Cheap ThrillsCheap Thrills Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Now You See Me
    Olympus Has Fallen
    White House Down
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Point Blank (2010)

Not the famous 1967 film. This was a French movie on BBC 4 last night. It was well received by the critics, but I'd never heard of it. Gritty action movie with a central character you really care about, unusual for this genre in my experience. A much better film than I expected it to be.

7/10
  • Ancient IDTVAncient IDTV Posts: 10,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gettysburg (1993 version). Four hour epic that concentrates purely on the battle itself. Which would be great, but:- Far too many drawn out dull speeches. Action scenes largely unconvincing. Dodgy false beards. Never again!
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now You See Me
    Olympus Has Fallen
    White House Down
    extended version of NYSM, right ?!
    and which one of OHF & WHD did you prefer ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51
    Forum Member
    Twilight - Gumshoe film from the latter part of Paul Newman's career, featuring early appearances from Reese Witherspoon and Liev Schreiber. Not bad, not great 6/10.

Midnight Run - Road movie with Charles Grodin and Robert De Niro. Very funny 08/10.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Airplane - As good as always
  • Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Point Blank

Fast-paced French thriller of the keep everything running variety. Standard components, but fairly well done. 7/10

The Woman in Black

Overcooked and underwhelming adaptation, nothing like as effective as the book or TV version. It sorely lacks atmosphere and there's no sense of any real menace. Radcliffe - ever eager to impress - is mostly hopeless. 4/10
  • emmageeringemmageering Posts: 5,165
    Forum Member
    Bruce Almighty (2003) - 7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oblivion 4/10

Predictable nonsense. I gave it four for Morgan Freeman (it might have been more of he had spent more than eight minutes on screen).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Frost/Nixon it's had been sitting on my shelf unwatched for yrs. finally watched it today. 7/10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Sheen is one of those actors who can take on any role and make you believe you are watching the real person. Who would have thought that the same person who played Brian Clough, could play the marauding, muscle ripped werewolf leader in Underworld.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member
    In the Line of Fire
    Clint Eastwood as an ageing Secret Service agent on the trail of a rouge CIA agent (John Malkovitch) who wants to assassinate the president.

8/10
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Short Circuit 6 out of 10
    Got the second next.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Michael Sheen is one of those actors who can take on any role and make you believe you are watching the real person. Who would have thought that the same person who played Brian Clough, could play the marauding, muscle ripped werewolf leader in Underworld.

I was thinking that when watching it. Such a great actor.
  • Eddie BadgerEddie Badger Posts: 6,005
    Forum Member

And Tony Blair and Kenneth Williams too
  • darkthunder35darkthunder35 Posts: 5,016
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    extended version of NYSM, right ?!
    and which one of OHF & WHD did you prefer ?

I preferred OHF over WHD. Both are pretty good though.
This discussion has been closed.