Is it time for Crinkly Bottom to return?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,094
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just a thought with the success of the Saturday Night Takeaway would a return for The House Party work?

Would Noel Edmonds do it or maybe a new host or even new format show?

I'd love it!

:o

Comments

• pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, no
    You are clearly insane.
  • elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it had a new host and a new format, wouldn't it just be a new show?
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The way ratings are going for Deal or no Deal suggests Noel might be looking for a new show soon. Ideally he should look at a new version of Noel's House Party.
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No and No to anything involving Noel Edmonds, he's had his day, time for someone else... err.. anyone else!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No and No to anything involving Noel Edmonds, he's had his day, time for someone else... err.. anyone else!

Well Deal seems clapped out now, but he would be good doing something else.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never seen the point of Deal.
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noel is a legend and THP was brilliant but it was a zeitgeist and would be difficult to replicate in this day and age.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Westy2 wrote: »
    Never seen the point of Deal.

It was good when it started, but the limited format and the stupid fancy dress weeks have made it a real chore to watch now. I'm sure Noel will be wanting a new show soon.
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No it is completely naff,,,
  • PaacePaace Posts: 14,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, I'm afraid Noel burnt his bridges on Deal by staying on far too long until the show is now an embarressing shambles . I just caught a clip last week while searching channels and you had to listen to this woman's woes and lamentations and endless time wasting, of course prompted and encouraged by Edmunds, before she opens a box. Dreadful .
  • Steve9214Steve9214 Posts: 8,404
    Forum Member
    Is Piers Morgan doing a new show then?
  • BinCatBinCat Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good Grief NO!!

Creepy old Noel and his weird new felt tip beard.....*shudders*
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shame Noel isn't a man of his word. He said if there was ever a celeb deal he would quit.

He is getting creepier and creepier making out it is a cult and him the leader. He maintains it is different every game. You could say that quiz shows are more different each time as they change the questions. Oh and by the way it isn't one question. Are you ready for the question is a question too Weirdy Beardy.

PJ
  • zippydoodahzippydoodah Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We need to remember that the show was axed in 1999 as it ran its course. It lasted 8 years. The show finished with 6 million viewers which for a Saturday night back then was pretty low. Of course these days, top shows cry for these ratings! The real magic time for the show was in its early years. Personally, I thought it became tired in the end.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And let's bring back jim'll fix it while were at it.....
  • RIPYorkshireTVRIPYorkshireTV Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I'd like to see it back for a one off special - but I don't think it'd work as a permanent fixture, much as I enjoyed it back then.
  • soapfan_1973soapfan_1973 Posts: 3,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved this show when it was on and there were at times some very funny and memorable parts including the ever watchable DLT gotcha. I believe the sets are still in storage somewhere so it would be easy to rebuild in a studio. The problem for me is that most of the things NHP did is being done by Ant and Dec on their show so I doubt very much that any network would want it now.

Maybe we should just resign ourselves to the Youtube clips?
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    only if they will bring back Mr Blobby as well :D:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,440
    Forum Member
    If the show went back to basics I think it would work, if they brought back Blobby the series is doomed as that was part of the reason the show started to lose ratings IMO.

This show is probably the only show that could give X-Factor, another show that people are getting tired and bored with as it's so predictable, stage managed and obviously fixed. With House Party being fun and live it could be the show to watch before you go out because you know you can record X-Factor and watch it later taht evening or the next day as the results aren't on until the evening.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Absolutely not. It was crap when it was "of its time", I can't see age having improved it.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It did go steeply downhill at the end. I remember as a child thinking it was crazy that each new series they changed t around too much, one f the things that ruined it. That and the same guest stars at the door with the same tired gags. And Noel's smugness.

PJ
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bring back You Bet!
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,687
    Forum Member
    They should show repeats on Gold or Watch or something. But I suspect rights might be an issue or they might have to cut whole chunks out; like NTV.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, its not.
  • Wench02Wench02 Posts: 2,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to love Noel's House Party. Ant and Dec is of a similar vein.