Options

Dave, the facts (by someone who actually knows him)

Comments

• Options
    bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What does your dad do for a living ?
    Dresses up as a monk, rides around in wheelchairs, drunk. begging for money. Travels the world spreading the word that you can get drunk on the lord
    oh yes and is a Pest Controller in his spare time for the sake of the glorious tax man'

Nice work if you can get it :cool:
  • Options
    adwaltonadwalton Posts: 4,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simplicity wrote: »
    for LF viewers..has Dave actually been reading his Bible lately? I know we saw a lot of it in the beginning but I don't recall seeing it since Shabby was in.

I think he gave that up after a few days when people started asking sensible questions and he had no answers. It was clear he didn't have even a rudimentary knowledge of the bible. I've been waiting in vain for BB to do a bible quiz to see how Dave would cope.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    How does he pay his mortgage, council tax, utility bills and buy food?

Good point...answers OP.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    More points of view from the OP found herehttp://endtimespropheticwords.wordpress.com/2010/06/09/dave-vaughan-of-new-ecstatics-enters-uk-big-brother-11-house-as-a-contestant/:

Look for comments made by David Hartland. Going by that website, there's about 600 followers of Dave's cult in the UK. Just hope you don't live next to one ;)
  • Options
    Scout66Scout66 Posts: 5,576
    Forum Member
    Because hes been trying to play down the crowder link since I mentioned it on the first page.

Yes I've noticed that. As I've alluded to earlier Crowder has no credibility in the US at all and that's saying something given the religious fervor the states is gripped by. Again I'm baffled the UK press hasn't reported on this cult being given a platform on a main stream popular national television program.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing that annoys me about Dave is the laziness of his beliefs and their fluidity.

It is in fact much harder to live within the inflexible moral codes that society has created without the support (read excuses) that religion provide.

Humanity for the sake of humanity because you value your fellow man, warts and all. Not a pious and patronising, I forgive you anyway kind of love.

I squirm uncomfortably when I hear Dave spouting his endless bountiful love and in the next breath sling arrows with his malicious tongue, backed up of course by his personal God who of course has Dave's back first.

I don't like Dave's God, he's mean and egotistical and he loves Dave like some indulgent parent and at the same time shows passing tolerance of anyone who would smite Dave's ambition.

Dave is a poor promoter for his God, his lessons are laced with arsenic, His tolerance is measured and his love unreliable. If that is what Dave's God has to offer, keep it!
  • Options
    quasimoronquasimoron Posts: 20,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked, I cant believe the nutcase has fans.His violence towards a young lad half his age was disgusting,The night he belted him with the coathanger lol. Dave is overly aggressive and has hurt people in the house,imo he should been shown the back door for it.
    The worst thing is his hypocrisy and lack of any kind of kindness or tolerance.He is very mean spirited and uber competitive.All his jokes are at someone else's expense. and usually personal and cruel.

He misquotes scripture and does not possess any of the fruits of the spirit unless Beelzebub is dishing them out.He is also a total lick ass, when it is needed to further his goals.A selfish, idiot.
    I thought the first night, here comes a total bollix and I have not changed my mind. Amen to that.
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a very good friend of Dave so I thought I'd clear some things up.

Dave isn't a conman, He has never asked for money for prayer, ever. Some of the events that he puts on have a registration fee but this covers mundane things like venue rental and flights for visiting speakers, hotels etc

There is no cult. Dave isn't a cult leader. Dave is one of hundreds of people that are part of a grassroots movement to break Christianity out of the box that it's been put into and to start experiencing the Christianity that is written about in the new testament. Dave obviously has people that attend events regularly but it isn't a cult by any stretch of the imagination.

Dave has a very dry sense of humour. This often comes accross as him being a bit of a knob but he isn't. He's a wind up merchant of the highest degree and I love him for it, he keeps you on your toes :D

What else, er

Dave doesn't hate gay people. While he may not accept the lifestyle he still loves the person, he sees that there is more to a person than their sexuality.

Oh yes, that bloody wheelchair video.
    Right, for those that were questioning why Dave was filmed in a wheelchair, here goes.
    For years the church has placed so much importance on our efforts, on what we as people do, not on what Jesus Christ has already done on the cross.
    Dave was immobilzed by the presence of God, completely blotto. He wanted to show that you don't even need to walk to carry the presence of Jesus and manifest the finished work of the cross, our effort is not required, Jesus did it all! It's awesome.
    Dave was aware that it was a controversial thing to do, Jesus often did controversial things. Yes what he did is open to misinterpretation and misunderstanding but he did it anyway as he had a point to prove.

He was not pretending to be disabled to fleece money out of people as people have intimated.

The werewolf things (can't believe I'm typing this).
    A mutual friend of ours was involving some crazy far out occultism, his face would change and his mouth would jut out and elongate like a sort of wolf snout. Crazy but true.

Anything else?
    YE and im a virgin who has 5 kids anything else.:rolleyes:
    whats the wheelchair all about then,im a good friend of the queen.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 56
    Forum Member
    he was lucky enough , though, to have bought his wheelchair on ebay , and have time for it to be delivered, before he was struck with paralysis.

Its wonderfully convenient.

Parcelforce moves in mysterious ways.

:D:D:D love it!
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Scout66 wrote: »
    Yes I've noticed that. As I've alluded to earlier Crowder has no credibility in the US at all and that's saying something given the religious fervor the states is gripped by. Again I'm baffled the UK press hasn't reported on this cult being given a platform on a main stream popular national television program.

The Crowder thing is the elephant in the room for these guys, because the reality of him, his sloshfests and his reputation is much, much more accessible than Dave Vaughan's.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    he was lucky enough , though, to have bought his wheelchair on ebay , and have time for it to be delivered, before he was struck with paralysis.

Dave's very blessed. At Pentecost when the Spirit came down they had to make do with fireman's lifts to go out and evangelise!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Get this heretic out! drunk on the lord? what a blatant lie, nobody buys it, and its boring to watch, really really boring. hes a big slimey creep, the way he bitches behind everyones backs and then when someone else says it to their face he sits in silence with a big babyish look on his face, hes an absolute coward!
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

yes the force was definitely with him
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi OP, just wanted to say that I like Dave, I don't give two figs what his beliefs are, he has been a good housemate and had me laughing many times and I wouldn't mind if he won at all.

There is a lot of negativity on this forum about all the housemates so don't sweat it, this is just one small section of opinion. As you could tell from tonites show, Dave is pretty well liked by the public and will come out to a good reception :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When Dave first entered the house in his monk's garb, I thought he was just a bit of an eccentric. But I shortly changed my views for pretty much all of the reasons that previous posters have mentioned. I do think that Dave is a charlatan mainly because of his comments about "curing" people. Anyone who is ill or has family members who are ill are vulnerable and willing to reach out for help from the most unlikely of sources. Dave espousing he can cure people is deceitful to say the least.:(

My own lovely father, now deceased R.I.P., was a paraplegic (and still managed to work unlike Steve), and that video of Dave in a wheelchair really brought home to me how deeply insensitive he is. There's nothing funny about being in a wheelchair, and lucky for Dave he was able to stand up and walk out of his and have a good old laugh about it, well, bully for him!!!:mad:

Finally, I have to say, the timing of your venture onto this forum is suspicious to me, I presume it's "all hands to the pump" to keep Dave in for as long as possible. I really hope that doesn't happen and he goes sooner rather then later!:mad:
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was chatting with Rachel Rice the other day, she warned me about you lot :D

Rachel Rice is the nicest person on the planet and she wouldn't talk in such a manner as you imply. But I would wonder how much she would enjoy knowing that your mate Dave called her boring. :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To be fair, that's absolutely none of your business. I'll tell you anyway though as he's mentioned it in the house. He has minisrty partners that give regularly and he remortgaged his house. He also has his pest control business to fall back on.

a Christian killing innocent animals!?
    THE HORROR!
    :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can say what you like about Dave but he's a right tosser, isn't he?

I'm an atheist but I was chatting to God the other day and mentioned Dave. God had never heard of him. I got him to look at the official BB site. "Oh, him!" he sighed.

He sounded disappointed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Wow....another thread about Dave....containing more spite and more venom from people who have the ability to vote Dave out.

There is lots of disbelief on these threads from the mockers and scoffers....but ask yourself this....WHY (if it is clearly evident that Dave is so hated)....is he still in the house????

Some people may say he's more pathetic than prophetic.
    Some people may say that he's far too intense too.
    Some people may say that he's flaky and fanatic
    and set up threads about him with some stuff they found on YouTube ;)
    (if you recognise these words, even though I have adapted them slightly then thank you to Godfrey for writing them).

I have contributed to some of the Dave threads...the ones that doubt him being drunk in the Holy Spirit....the ones where people say this just can't happen.....well it does...I have been drunk on the love of the Lord.

And of course no-one believed me either but that's fine.

All I ask is you give thought to the fact that for someone so "hated" by the posters on this forum..and indeed other forums...that he is still in the house.

You all had the ability to vote him out...but he is still in there.

I wonder why that is????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    The problem that Dave has got is he has gone on to this show to promote his religion and therefore he must expect that people will judge his religion by his behaviour.

I know that Christians should not judge others, but both Christians and non-Christians are entitled to evaluate Dave's behaviour and evaluate his religion in order to decide if it is the right path for them.

In my experience, (and both my parents are vicars so i have a fair bit!) most Christians expect not to have their behaviour judged by others, but are in fact happy to judge the behaviour of others. By defending Dave's behaviour, folk are feeding into this double standard.

When a girl I went to church with as a teenager had a baby out of wedlock and was struggling, her Christian friends said it served her right for doing the wrong thing ie having sex before marriage and that the church should not help her when she was finding hard to cope.

One of those same friends had an extramarital affair with another member of the congregation and left her two small children to move in with him castigated the congregation for supporting her husband in caring for the kids, and at a prayer meeting kindly reminded everyone that they should not judge her and let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

It is just this sort of hypocrisy that turned me against the church and organised religion in general, and to my mind, Dave is displaying that self same hypocrisy. He certainly does not do unto others as you would have them do to you - I am quite sure he would not want a chap some twenty years his senior to pin him down and twist his nipples, nor judge him for the clothes he wears or the person he chooses as his life partner.

Sorry, rant over :)
  • Options
    VesnaVesna Posts: 31,651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julado wrote: »
    Wow....another thread about Dave....containing more spite and more venom from people who have the ability to vote Dave out.

There is lots of disbelief on these threads from the mockers and scoffers....but ask yourself this....WHY (if it is clearly evident that Dave is so hated)....is he still in the house????

I wonder why that is????
    Because they haven't shown most of what has been brought up here on the Highlights show. So most people watching have no idea who Dave really is.

People on this thread for the most part watch Live Feed and have seen him and heard him say and do everything people on here have asked about.

People who only watch the Highlights also think John James and Josie are madly in love.

As for me well I haven't voted yet this series but I do plan on voting to evict Dave this week, ta for asking.
  • Options
    planetsplanets Posts: 47,784
    Forum Member

(if you recognise these words, even though I have adapted them slightly then thank you to Godfrey for writing them).

I have contributed to some of the Dave threads...the ones that doubt him being drunk in the Holy Spirit....the ones where people say this just can't happen.....well it does...I have been drunk on the love of the Lord.

All I ask is you give thought to the fact that for someone so "hated" by the posters on this forum..and indeed other forums...that he is still in the house.

I wonder why that is????

are you insinuating that god is a Big Brother fan?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I wonder why that is????

Because we wanted to evict another HM that week - obviously.

'Mockers'? I personally am not mocking God, unless you think Dave is the second coming.
  • Options
    lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because we wanted to evict another HM that week - obviously.

'Mockers'? I personally am not mocking God, unless you think Dave is the second coming.
    :eek::eek:dont let him in bed with mario then.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    Dave hasn't got a christian bone in his body. His kind of behaviour towards others is creepy at the best of times and sinister in general. Basically he makes me feel sick.
This discussion has been closed.