Options

Richard Curtis - About Time

Dave1979Dave1979 Posts: 1,804
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ok - I would not have gone and seen this based on the trailer - I think it is due out in October/November?

BUT

it was the surprise film at the Edinburgh Film Festival tonight and I REALLY enjoyed it. It was the most twee film I have ever seen but I came out with a lovely warm feeling inside and a smile on my face!

Damn you Curtis!

Comments

• Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Well, that's a huge disappointment to me. When I saw the thread title, I thought you were commenting on his retirement from writing screenplays.p:cry:
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to this, Richard Curtis does get slagged off but he does write good films, I even liked The Boat that Rocked.
  • Options
    stripedcatstripedcat Posts: 6,689
    Forum Member
    I think he is a pretty good screenwriter, but perhaps as a director he doesn't know what to leave out of his films. I think that was one of the problems with "Love Actually" and "The Boat That Rocked".
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His episode of Doctor Who was fantastic.
  • Options
    Johnny ClayJohnny Clay Posts: 5,328
    Forum Member
    Is it a pile of cosy, saccharine, middle-class pandering claptrap by any chance?
  • Options
    XIVXIV Posts: 21,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stripedcat wrote: »
    I think he is a pretty good screenwriter, but perhaps as a director he doesn't know what to leave out of his films. I think that was one of the problems with "Love Actually" and "The Boat That Rocked".

I agree, his best films are Four Weddings and a Funeral and Notting Hill, which is only wrote and produced, I think for future films, he needs to let someone else direct.