BAFTA's tonight!

2»

Comments

• loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    Deservedly Gravity swept the board at this years BAFTA's, and 12 Years a Slave won Best Film, HOWEVER my one big disappointment was Michael Fassbender lost out for Best Supporting Actor, I think he is a phenomenal actor and definitely deserved the win!

Do u think this a prediction for the oscars? Gravity wins everything but actress and film?
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always love the BAFTAs as despite not being the best of the awards shows it's the only one I actually able watch before knowing the results :p There were a few questionable results, I though 12YAS was great but it seems a little strange to give it Best Picture when it only won one award other than that :confused: Surely for it to be the best film of the year it would have to excel in a number of categories, not just Best Actor? I'm also confused as to they would consider Philomena to be in the top 5 films of the year either :confused: Was surprised at Jennifer Lawrence's win but very happy - she completely stole the show in American Hustle for me and I would say her presence completely illuminated the film, which is not something I would usually say for an actor.
  • IWasBoredIWasBored Posts: 3,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brad Pitt looks better with short hair
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched Blue Is The Warmest Colour, captivating films like this just wash away the endless rubbish Hollywood churns out. Pretty sad it gets a restricted rating when you consider the consequence free violence that litters the PG13 dross.

I'm pretty sure everyone in the audience knows what and has genitalia - shouldn't be too shocking for younger people to see this film, they would be better for it too methinks.