Options

What is your weird habit?

Comments

• Options
    dee123dee123 Posts: 46,274
    Forum Member
    I was told yesterday buy a couple of co-workers that alphabetizing my dvds & blu-rays is "weird"

>:( :confused: How else am i meant to find things?
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's not a weird habit, but I bite the skin around my nails, quite often till they bleed.
    dee123 wrote: »
    I was told yesterday buy a couple of co-workers that alphabetizing my dvds & blu-rays is "weird"

I do mine in order of favourites. I thought that was weird and alphabetizing them is normal?!
  • Options
    silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    It seems that quite a few might perhaps need help!!

I grind my teeth, snore, talk and pick my nose in my sleep. :o Fortunately I sleep alone!! No wonder!!
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Telling everyone what im doing/what i plan on doing.

Ive always had a weird thing that i plan everything. If i have a day off work and i have to do the washing up, tidy the living room, and wash my hair, i cant just do it i have to allocate a time to it all.

I think right it takes half an hour to wash up so ill do that half 11 until 12, then i will watch tv until half 12 then ill do the living room. Then at 3 i will have a shower and wash my hair.

I have it planned in my head and tell myself when im going to do something. It used to be a thought process like right now its time to wash up. But since ive got a dog it becomes vocal. So i will tell him what time im doing everything and what im about to do.

When my partner is home he has to hear everything! It does make things difficult because if on a saturday we have no plans i will decide to have a bath in the evening. If he suddenly suggests we go to the cinema or shopping i cant because i havent had a shower yet.

So yeah my annoying habit is allocating specific times in which to do everyday tasks.

My other habit is quite a bit weirder! When i was a child i often had nightmares or recurring bad dreams meaning i was often scared to sleep or had nights where i only had a few hours sleep. When i was in about year 4 i made up a little chant in my head that i said when i went to bed. The theory was it was some kind of spell to keep away bad dreams. Every night i would say it to myself and i rarely had a bad dream. If i did have a nightmare i put it down to me forgetting to say the chant. I still do it now, although it has changed slightly over the years. It doesnt work as well as it did but it still is quite good.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dee123 wrote: »

That's not a weird habit, it's called being organised.

I do that for my CDs, listed A-Z by band by album. Similar thing for books, A-Z by category by title.
  • Options
    The FinisherThe Finisher Posts: 10,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I'm absorbed by something I frequently forget to breathe. Suddenly my body jerks and I feel like I'm falling. I lie my head down on the desk and deep breathe for a few moments then carry on.
    I also have a habit of often answering a question sometimes up to 5 minutes after it is asked. My brain seems to carry on with what it is doing and keeps the question in a queue until I'm ready to answer it. I'm not even aware it's happening which is ok with those that know me, but I often get funny looks from those who don't.
  • Options
    kitty86kitty86 Posts: 7,034
    Forum Member
    I talk to myself and answer myself in different accents and voices.
  • Options
    monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    mrsmoose wrote: »
    I can only eat sandwiches if they are cut in half diagonally.

Triangular sandwiches every time? To me cutting them that way is a treat (which may be weird in itself)!
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Too many to list quite probably but primarily talking to myself. Alot. Answering my own questions in a way, sometimes. Just being quite 'rambly' if thats even a word lol sometimes I'll feel like im making up words when trying to explan things. I'm sure there's lots of other things but I can't think of them right now.

I sometimes laugh a inappropriate things :blush: I don't know why. Sometimes when im talking to someone, I talk so quickly that I don't think out the sentence properly and I say it back to front, like the words get muddled and come out the wrong way around but only ocassionally and I think its because I'm rushing what im saying so much :blush:

When I was younger, learning to swim, I'd encourage myself by picturing my friends at the 'finish line' at the other end, willing me to get there. Unfortunately I never learnt to swim without floats though. However, even to this day when I'm going for a walk and start feeling tired, I'll pick a landmark or somewhere to stop and turn around, so at that point I'll picture my friends and family willing me to get there.

Also, when I was younger, I used to add up the numeric value of letters in words and learnt what words were backwards and things like that.
  • Options
    flower 2flower 2 Posts: 13,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think things in my head, and if alone I will either tell myself off out loud and argue with myself or laugh out loud and congratulate myself for making myself laugh.

I only do this alone tho, or else people would think I am bonkers!
  • Options
    BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I'm travelling in a car, I can't breathe untill I go past some sort of sign/lampost.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I'm at work, to motivate myself to do something faster, I say to myself, 'okay, finish this particular task quicker than you've ever done before and when you've succeeded, you will win ten million pounds and never have to work again...go!' I actually time myself with the stopwatch on my watch. I do this in my head almost every day :blush:
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,298
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eating cheese on toast with a knife and fork makes me a weirdo according to my husband.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Croctacus wrote: »
    Eating cheese on toast with a knife and fork makes me a weirdo according to my husband.

He may have a point, nothing better than eating cheese on toast with your fingers, it is the RIGHT way honestly :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    flower 2 wrote: »
    He may have a point, nothing better than eating cheese on toast with your fingers, it is the RIGHT way honestly :)

Nooooo....knife and fork and cut into equal sized squares.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nooooo....knife and fork and cut into equal sized squares.

Noooo, by the time you get to the last square it is cold cheese.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Noooo, by the time you get to the last square it is cold cheese.

But my fingers are clean and grease free.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    But my fingers are clean and grease free.

Kitchen roll is the answer to your prayers, and I do not care, but I know that Freddie Mercury and the Queen are adept at licking their fingers!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kitchen roll is the answer to your prayers, and I do not care, but I know that Freddie Mercury and the Queen are adept at licking their fingers!

My one is that I still suck my thumb loool.

There's a girl sat opposite now who is playing with her hair (you know, twirling it) which out of the corner of my eye is annoying.

But once I start watching it is quite enthralling, actually.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Digital Spy.
  • Options
    JanielovesyouJanielovesyou Posts: 814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I'm walking down the street, I pretend I'm in a race and target someone in front of me that I have to pass before the winning post ( usually a lampost)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whenever I come out of the bathroom/kitchen I have to go back in and double check I turned the taps off properly.

If I find a split end in my hair I'll pull it apart (I really shouldn't I know)

If I step on a crack on the pavement with my right foot I'll have to do it with my left too or I'll feel unbalanced.

I also eat my food in a certain order; what I like least to most so when I have a roast it goes vegetables, meat, yorkshires then potatoes.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I not only talk to myself but I have imaginary conversations, for example, I was driving home just now and someone tried to cut me up, so I had a row with the driver, out loud, in my car, on my own, even though he'd long gone. I also have conversations with my OH when he's not there.

Another weird habit I have is when I put my bare feet into my slippers, my two little toes stay outside. I don't know why I do it but I've always done it and it used to really freak out one of my sisters.
  • Options
    Merkin ParadeMerkin Parade Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    When I remember something particularly embarrassing from my youth, I swear out loud & yell some gibberish insults at myself like some weird form of Tourette's. :confused:
  • Options
    Gusto BruntGusto Brunt Posts: 12,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Picking my nose, but everyone does that.

Even Prince Charles, I bet.

But maybe not the Queen. ;)