Options

Why are people so vile ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no self awareness at all. wow.

Spent enough time in the community and self awareness is all around but once you have got your head out of the sand then maybe you might realise why the social standards have dropped over the past 20 years!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the deal with all the necromancy going on round here lately?
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    cynet wrote: »
    Spent enough time in the community and self awareness is all around but once you have got your head out of the sand then maybe you might realise why the social standards have dropped over the past 20 years!

Not really but facts speak volumes!

Years ago you would go to church and learn about good and evil, you would learn about respect for others and for forgiveness.

What do you get today?

Oh broken families, XBox and PS4 as a manual to learn from.

No wonder this world has turned to dust, nobody has a self purpose any more or respect due to being brought up as an ignorant waste of space who's only self purpose is to play video games all day while the parents watch TV on a 24/7 basis!

and are these an example of your "respect for others and for forgiveness." learnt in church?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    and are these an example of your "respect for others and for forgiveness." learnt in church?

Forgiveness is given when the person has admitted their sins or have tried to better them self's by not being disrespectful or violent to others.

But seeing as your blinded by any knowledge you seem to throw cheap insults at religion!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Forgiveness is given when the person has admitted their sins or have tried to better them self's by not being disrespectful or violent to others.

But seeing as your blinded by any knowledge you seem to throw cheap insults at religion!

but as you cast the first stone you`re fine with throwing insults at atheists?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    but as you cast the first stone you`re fine with throwing insults at atheists?

Oh is that what you are? You have a title!

Congratulations but seeing as you can't explain why people are so vile and only interested in attacking peoples posts maybe you might now wonder what makes a vile person!

Insults are different to comments of opinions and bet if you did a survey on all these vile people most if not all don't believe in anything accept getting drunk, laid, drugged up or playing video games all day.

Seems I have hit a nerve with you though but why?

Maybe you are lacking some direction in this life?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh is that what you are? You have a title!

Congratulations but seeing as you can't explain why people are so vile and only interested in attacking peoples posts maybe you might now wonder what makes a vile person!

Insults are different to comments of opinions and bet if you did a survey on all these vile people most if not all don't believe in anything accept getting drunk, laid, drugged up or playing video games all day.

Seems I have hit a nerve with you though but why?

Maybe you are lacking some direction in this life?

the notion that only people of religion have morals and respect or are capable of forgiveness and atheists lack all of those and more is clearly quite ridiculous given the number of children abused within the christian church, for example.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the notion that only people of religion have morals and respect or are capable of forgiveness and atheists lack all of those and more is clearly quite ridiculous given the number of children abused within the christian church, for example.

Oh that chestnut again!

Children in this country have been abused by all low life's and I condone all abuse no matter what but how you can use this as an example when I could say Ian Brady and Myra Hindly were atheists who murdered children and Ian Brady was another one so can't see how religion has got much to do with your point of view really do you?

Church will lead a better path than a game console but judging by your profile you seem to fit the picture of the very title of this thread so I wont be wasting any more time on someone who makes a mockery of everything in this life.
  • Options
    JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    Oh that chestnut again!

Children in this country have been abused by all low life's and I condone all abuse no matter what but how you can use this as an example when I could say Ian Brady and Myra Hindly were atheists who murdered children and Ian Brady was another one so can't see how religion has got much to do with your point of view really do you?

Church will lead a better path than a game console but judging by your profile you seem to fit the picture of the very title of this thread so I wont be wasting any more time on someone who makes a mockery of everything in this life.

1. Annette's profile is obviously intentional irony.
    2. I do hope you mean 'condemn' not 'condone'.
    3. Your general attitude and tone are very un-Christian indeed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »

Here, here

condone
    kənˈdəʊn/
    verb
    verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept (behaviour that is considered morally wrong or offensive).
    "the college cannot condone any behaviour that involves illicit drugs"
    synonyms: deliberately ignore, not take into consideration, disregard, take no notice of, take no account of, accept, allow, make allowances for, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget, wink at, blink at, connive at; More
    forgive, pardon, excuse, let someone off with, let go, sink, bury;
    let bygones be bygones;
    informallet something ride
    "we cannot condone such dreadful behaviour"
    antonyms: condemn, punish
    approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
    "those arrested were released and the exhibition was officially condoned a few weeks later"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh that chestnut again!

i thank you for the "respect for others and for forgiveness" that you learnt at church and have so politely demonstrated here.

edit: i so wish i had seen "condone" :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »

Condemn sorry and I am a Christian of a new breed and not of old times!

Times are changing and God has new disciples on the planet....watch this space!

And irony are for young minds who lack any purpose!

Thank you for highlighting my mistake and for your other input in what ever you was trying to state!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FANNY_ANNE wrote: »
    Here, here

condone
    kənˈdəʊn/
    verb
    verb: condone; 3rd person present: condones; past tense: condoned; past participle: condoned; gerund or present participle: condoning

accept (behaviour that is considered morally wrong or offensive).
    "the college cannot condone any behaviour that involves illicit drugs"
    synonyms: deliberately ignore, not take into consideration, disregard, take no notice of, take no account of, accept, allow, make allowances for, let pass, turn a blind eye to, overlook, forget, wink at, blink at, connive at; More
    forgive, pardon, excuse, let someone off with, let go, sink, bury;
    let bygones be bygones;
    informallet something ride
    "we cannot condone such dreadful behaviour"
    antonyms: condemn, punish
    approve or sanction (something), especially with reluctance.
    "those arrested were released and the exhibition was officially condoned a few weeks later"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh dear seems rattling a few cages seems to have ruffled some lost flock of sheep!
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Oh dear seems rattling a few cages seems to have ruffled some lost flock of sheep!

...how does one lose a flock of caged sheep? Seems like the very height of carelessness if you ask me.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Tomiass wrote: »
    these people need to invest in the bible.

they need god's guidance
    Fairy Tales aren't going to help scum like that. :(

I fear you're wasting your time responding.

Tomiass got banned.

About four and a half years ago...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    ...how does one lose a flock of caged sheep? Seems like the very height of carelessness if you ask me.

No one was asking you though!
  • Options
    TeddybleadsTeddybleads Posts: 6,814
    Forum Member
    I think, for the most part, people are lovely. That's certainly been my experience. Trouble is everyday kindness is easy to forget and the odd pillock sticks in the mind.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No one was asking you though!

What would Jesus do?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    I bet some people start up Youtube accounts just to spout vile comments because they know it's an all out free for all and some of the comments on youtube'd result in instant or perma-bans on here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What would Jesus do?

Fanny Anne why do you not stick to the thread contents?

Why are people so vile!

Understand or are you just out to lynch peoples posts because they have gained ground and others have lost the battle?

Why use Jesus name in vain?

Seriously lose half the battle with such ignorance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    motsy wrote: »
    I bet some people start up Youtube accounts just to spout vile comments because they know it's an all out free for all and some of the comments on youtube'd result in instant or perma-bans on here.

Sadly they do and some of the comments are deplorable!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanny Anne why do you not stick to the thread contents?

Why are people so vile!

Understand or are you just out to lynch peoples posts because they have gained ground and others have lost the battle?

Why use Jesus name in vain?

Seriously lose half the battle with such ignorance.

I think that there are a lot of vile people who hide behind religion. You have been quite rude but believe that you have gained ground? I did not use Jesus's name in vain, I was merely suggesting that your behaviour may not be how Jesus lived. Forgiveness etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think that there are a lot of vile people who hide behind religion. You have been quite rude but believe that you have gained ground? I did not use Jesus's name in vain, I was merely suggesting that your behaviour may not be how Jesus lived. Forgiveness etc.

Okay Fanny_Anne I am dying to ask you this because you simply have come on here and totally ignored the thread statement!

So why are people vile?

Any reasons any suggestions? Nothing that entails attacking peoples religious beliefs or sticking up for people who fall under the same category as you in that being jump on the religious bandwagon because I hate religion!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,341
    Forum Member
    Sadly they do and some of the comments are deplorable!

I'm not one of them. They do it because they can get away with it and not get banned like they can on here (BTW there's nothing offensive about my videos and they're not of me making a complete arsehole of myself). But you're right about some of the comments.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I was a kid in the early 80's mocking the disabled was quite common. Whether it was name calling (mong, spaz, window lickers, etc.), belming or copying the speech of someone with CP, or even gestures, it was rife. You only have to look at the reaction to Joey Deacon and how his name became an insult to see that 30-40 years ago people were even more vile than they supposedly are now.