The wardrobe malfunctions of a Lily Allen

Comments

• fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    What a strange comment. I always wear underwear that matches my clothing as closely as possible and presume a lot of other people do too. :confused:

I assume you jest :o
    Forum Member
    jclock66 wrote: »
    It's pretty par for the course for Digital Spy.

And the saddest thing is it women making most of these posts.

:(

If you understand what mysogeny means, you would find it hard to find an example in this thread. In order for it be mysogeny, you would have to make a denigrating comment specifically because she was a woman, as it is an inherent hatred of women.
  • jclock66jclock66 Posts: 2,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fefster wrote: »
    If you understand what mysogeny means, you would find it hard to find an example in this thread. In order for it be mysogeny, you would have to make a denigrating comment specifically because she was a woman, as it is an inherent hatred of women.

Well it seems that many women have an inherent hatred of their own sex then as the showbiz section just seems to have a lot of female posters making derogatory comments about other women.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it seems that many women have an inherent hatred of their own sex then as the showbiz section just seems to have a lot of female posters making derogatory comments about other women.

Examples???
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    dorydaryl wrote: »
    I don't think for a second that she's unaware of what she's doing with the boob and crotch shots but so long as she can handle the consequences (in terms of people commenting), it's up to her.

She's had people attacking her for her entire career. Mostly other women and girls, oh and newspapers who attack her by showing images of her in critical articles that increase their readership. Total hypocrites. Good for her that she refuses to let them change her.

You'd have to learn to ignore all that stuff or spend all your time crying in a corner.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she's wearing knickers when on the stage, there's obviously going to be flashes of them when she's moving about up on the stage.
  • Squealer_MahonySquealer_Mahony Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member

You could say the same about guys who follow soccer.
    "The refs a ******", the chants and all that. That's OK though ...
    Now imagine if premier league players were falling out of their shorts or flashing their balls constantly. I bet "the lads" would have plenty to say about that.
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't remember the last time I saw a male artist criticized for showing a hint of nipple.
  • Johnny_CashJohnny_Cash Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Photographers looking for a split second flash of flesh, papers and websites reproducing it. Those are the problems not Lily Allen.
  • CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The rampant misogyny of this thread is disgusting.
    I can't remember the last time I saw a male artist criticized for showing a hint of clunge
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume you jest :o

No, why would I? A quick straw poll amongst my friends and workmates says that most do the same thing so maybe it's you that is jesting :confused:
  • LyricalisLyricalis Posts: 57,958
    Forum Member
    The rampant misogyny of this thread is disgusting.
    I can't remember the last time I saw a male artist criticized for showing a hint of clunge

They wouldn't be male then, would they, not having the required equipment and all? I agree with the general sentiment though. Iggy Pop for example, and he's far from alone in the punk and rock world, wore see through trousers on stage more than once. Far more have worn trousers so tight you can count the veins. While there was some outrage in the media about this, no one accused him of being a slag, tart, person of easy virtue, and so on, that a woman doing the same thing would be accused of.
  • TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    You think people would be talking about her in the same manner if she were male?

Women in the public spotlight get it a lot harder than men do and there is no reason for it other than the fact that they are women. That is misogyny. Digital Spy, as well as this thread, are all guilty parties in perpetuating this trend. The comments themselves might not be specifically because they are women, but they don't have to be because they wouldn't be getting those comments at all if they were men.
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyricalis wrote: »
    They wouldn't be male then, would they, not having the required equipment and all? I agree with the general sentiment though. Iggy Pop for example, and he's far from alone in the punk and rock world, wore see through trousers on stage more than once. Far more have worn trousers so tight you can count the veins. While there was some outrage in the media about this, no one accused him of being a slag, tart, person of easy virtue, and so on, that a woman doing the same thing would be accused of.

Um, I think CravenHaven was being facetious??
    Forum Member
    Tyjet wrote: »
    You think people would be talking about her in the same manner if she were male?

Women in the public spotlight get it a lot harder than men do and there is no reason for it other than the fact that they are women. That is misogyny. Digital Spy, as well as this thread, are all guilty parties in perpetuating this trend. The comments themselves might not be specifically because they are women, but they don't have to be because they wouldn't be getting those comments at all if they were men.

I absolutely do think it would be commented upon in the same way. Let's look at an equivalent...
    If a male pop star, consistently fell out of his shorts on stage, flashed his balls on a regular occurrence and had his cock out on camera, all the while denigrating other male pop stars for using their bodies to further their media profile, yes I do think that would be commented on.

The irony of all this is that the one with the obvious mysoginistic opinions is Ms Allen herself.
  • fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    Oh dear - there's no way she could have known this would happen again.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2727296/Lily-Allen-resurrects-plunging-silver-jumpsuit.html
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2727296/Lily-Allen-resurrects-plunging-silver-jumpsuit.html

Well, what are the odds of that...? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She probably would have known when she had the zip so far down beforehand. Her nipples being seen/photographed was bound to happen.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kiko H Fan wrote: »
    What is a "wardrobe malfunction"?

Is it when a shelf collapses, or a handle falls off?

It's something that happens when your album isn't selling as well as expected.
  • warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's something that happens when your album isn't selling as well as expected.

And sadly, it seems to work.
    Forum Member
    So pathetic, she doesn't even have any breasts to flash. Mind you, when your music is so dire, perhaps this is the only way to generate enough publicity to shift a few copies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

zx50 wrote: »
    She probably would have known when she had the zip so far down beforehand. Her nipples being seen/photographed was bound to happen.

Okay, I'm guessing you were being sarcastic about her.

Edit: Noticing the image of her from a side view, she obviously would have known that everything would have been clearly visible and that SLR cameras would have caught crisp and clear images of her upper parts because of the camera's fast repeated shooting feature.
  • real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    zx50 wrote: »
    Okay, I'm guessing you were being sarcastic about her.

Edit: Noticing the image of her from a side view, she obviously would have known that everything would have been clearly visible and that SLR cameras would have caught crisp and clear images of her upper parts because of the camera's fast repeated shooting feature.

Getting back to what she does, 85000 people watched her at V fest and she was damned good. But hey ho, clearly her nipples are more important for some.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/live-music-reviews/11040869/The-Killers-and-Lily-Allen-V-Festival-2014-Hylands-Park-Chelmsford-review-explosive.html
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It's her previous comments and her multiple 'slips' that are the discussion.
  • real worldreal world Posts: 307
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It's her previous comments and her multiple 'slips' that are the discussion.

Appreciate that but why the fascination?