Naga Munchetty, BBC Breakfast

Comments

• ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and they are all *****. Her Husband, James, was a director at ITV's 'Daybreak'. What more evidence is required to expose the incestuous nature of the British television industry? Ugh.

You say he ''was'' so does that mean he is no more ? There must be thousands of couples who work together in the same industry. The BBC rule is they can't work together in the same department.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and they are all *****. Her Husband, James, was a director at ITV's 'Daybreak'. What more evidence is required to expose the incestuous nature of the British television industry? Ugh.
    Close relative works in same industry shock!!

It happens all over industry (both large & small), not just broadcasting & TV. Get used to it, as it is unlikely to change.
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    The BBC rule is they can't work together in the same department.

It's very common for many companies to have that policy, but unlike you, who seems to have access to the BBC's HR policies and procedures, I don't know about the Beeb's exact policy.

I doubt it's a hard and fast rule for 'freelance' staff. Mike Smith and Sarah Greene spring to mind for instance, as a past example.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    It's very common for many companies to have that policy, but unlike you, who seems to have access to the BBC's HR policies and procedures, I don't know about the Beeb's exact policy.

I doubt it's a hard and fast rule for 'freelance' staff. Mike Smith and Sarah Greene spring to mind for instance, as a past example.

As you say many employers have that policy - it's designed to prevent one of the couple being in a position to give orders to the other which could lead to tensions within and outwith work, and also cause problems for people working with them.It doesn't mean they can't work in the same company.
  • redvers36redvers36 Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Charlie still looks uncomfortable sitting beside her and there's very little interaction.The forced banter with the weather presenter is just childish.

Yes now that you have mentioned the issue it is hard to miss. There is no chemistry at all between Alex the weather presenter and the "banter" of Naga.
  • jioscarjioscar Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand her she can't keep her mouth shut always interrupting and always looks so smug sooner she goes the better
  • timebugtimebug Posts: 18,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never really cared for her,as I commented much
    earlier in this thread, but the past couple of weeks
    she has been grating on me something awful!
    Can't watch the train wreck on the ITV because it
    contains adverts and S.Reid, too vomit making a
    combination for this frail old soul in the mornings!
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jioscar wrote: »
    Can't stand her she can't keep her mouth shut always interrupting and always looks so smug sooner she goes the better

Well she isn't going, she's just got the permanent gig.

From September she will be on with Charlie every Thursday, Friday and Saturday.

Steph is on tomorrow by the way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From September she will be on with Charlie every Thursday, Friday and Saturday

I bet Charlie is looking forward to that, could be interesting viewing:D
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched Naga presenting on BBC World a few days this week while on a business trip. She is excellent, and very pleasing on the eye too!

;)
  • Hyram FyramHyram Fyram Posts: 3,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be aiming for the Susanna Reid cleavage shot this morning, leaning forward as often as possible
  • davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She appears to be aiming for the Susanna Reid cleavage shot this morning, leaning forward as often as possible

You'll get no complaints from me.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mark C wrote: »
    Mike Smith and Sarah Greene were established presenters on screen before they got married. There would be no reason to keep them apart. Richard and Judy wouldn't be allowed to work together in that case either. The same argument about favouritism doesn't apply to on screen talent.

=================

Naga is just fine as a presenter. I think once people take a dislike to a TV personality they start to notice all kinds of things, real or imagined, that they do wrong. Everything they do becomes annoying. Every glance or avoided gaze becomes meaningful.
  • Tom_MullenTom_Mullen Posts: 893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Close relative works in same industry shock!!

It happens all over industry (both large & small), not just broadcasting & TV. Get used to it, as it is unlikely to change.

Yep this happens in all industries everywhere unfortunately, I don't like it but as you say it's not something that is going to change.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't on BBC Breakfast this morning but did the top and tail news segments on Andrew Marr. Was she brought in just for this. Don't they normally get the (almost always female) presenter from Breakfast to do these two pieces,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She wasn't on BBC Breakfast this morning but did the top and tail news segments on Andrew Marr. Was she brought in just for this. Don't they normally get the (almost always female) presenter from Breakfast to do these two pieces,

They do, Sian Lloyd was the female presenter on Breakfast. I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact Marr was in Edinburgh and Sian was in Salford although they use the Salford presenter when Marr is in London. It's one of the great BBC mysteries that the male presenter never does it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Naga was in Edinburgh this morning why did the interview with Alistair Darling, who was also in Edinburg, have to be done 'down the line' with the studio in Salford?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I noticed she had a very short link into a VT this morning and managed to get the name of the reporter wrong.
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member
    I saw her yesterday, for the first time in ages (I'm not a breakfast TV watcher).

She looks much more attractive now, as it appears she's grown her hair a bit?
    She certainly doesn't look as severe as she used to.
  • Balb0waBalb0wa Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    thought she looked terrible this morning, don't think she even did her hair. i tend to switch off when she is on, no chemistry at all.
  • Ed R.MarleyEd R.Marley Posts: 9,130
    Forum Member
    Balb0wa wrote: »
    thought she looked terrible this morning, don't think she even did her hair. i tend to switch off when she is on, no chemistry at all.

Her hair look a right state:D
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cant stand the Munchkin although she is pleasing on the eye. She is all me me me, always interupting and always has that smug look on her face.

Give me Steph anytime who is much better presenter
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Her hair look a right state:D

I didn't see her this morning but lately her hair has looked like she's just gotten out of bed.

I prefer it short.
  • Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she is lovely, i messaged her a link to this thread, there's a lot of nice things said on here :)
  • Guest82722Guest82722 Posts: 10,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she is lovely, i messaged her a link to this thread, there's a lot of nice things said on here :)

You didn't. :o

There's a lot of nasty things said as well (but not by me)