WWE Network

Comments

• tony321tony321 Posts: 10,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Let's see some proof as it's strange that every country bar Canada has the same deal so why should the UK be different ?
  • gagdegagde Posts: 3,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The live events royal rumble ect will we be able to watch them on the network live or are they on sky first?.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gagde wrote: »
    The live events royal rumble ect will we be able to watch them on the network live or are they on sky first?.

Nobody knows yet.
  • The_don1The_don1 Posts: 17,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gagde wrote: »

All "PPVS" will be available LIVE on the network for

£9.99 per month

Yes thats £9.99 per month
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,762
    Forum Member
    The_don1 wrote: »

£9.99 per month

£? They are using a different pricing model here than in the other 170 countries?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_don1 wrote: »

£9.99 per month

Source?
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £? They are using a different pricing model here than in the other 170 countries?

It's CAN$11.99 to get the over the air version in Canada. Canada $11.99 is about US$10.95, they aren't charging $9.99 for it everywhere.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/personal-about/PPV
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    It's CAN$11.99 to get the over the air version in Canada. Canada $11.99 is about US$10.95, they aren't charging $9.99 for it everywhere.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/personal-about/PPV

Yes Canada is more expensive. According to the Ask WWE Network twitter, it's the equivalent of $9.99
  • jrmich9jrmich9 Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I almost want to cry at the amount of hysterics on here and insane conspiracy theories/lies about the WWE Network in the UK.

It's the same version and same price as the rest of the world (bar Canada).

It's launching October 1st because that's the beginning of Q4 and they needed to save the UK launch to reflect the revenue upturn in their quarterly reports.

Sky were fully aware of the nature of the Network and what it entailed back when the latest deal was struck in January.

Please, just relax... :o
  • Dax 21Dax 21 Posts: 1,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,
    Please don't shout at me:)
    Just been on Twitter and someone asked @askwwenetwork what the. price was going to be in the uk they reply was

"Hi there, unfortunately we do not have a pricing plan for the UK yet, we should have an announcement coming soon! Thanks."

Now we are under two weeks away from laruch here and wwe still don't know
    They should have some idea by now
    Forum Member
    Dax 21 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Please don't shout at me:)
    Just been on Twitter and someone asked @askwwenetwork what the. price was going to be in the uk they reply was

"Hi there, unfortunately we do not have a pricing plan for the UK yet, we should have an announcement coming soon! Thanks."

Now we are under two weeks away from laruch here and wwe still don't know
    They should have some idea by now

They were saying that about all the other countries too right up until the day they launched.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    anything more than £9.99 and its a no from me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They were saying that about all the other countries too right up until the day they launched.

Oh ok
    But wwe could help themselves a lot by putting more information out there
    Forum Member
    Oh ok
    But wwe could help themselves a lot by putting more information out there

The information is out there though. Vince said back on the conference call he didn't forsee anybody other than Canada getting a TV channel and launches will be the US feed on an OTT system.

George Barrios said that (with the exception of Canada) nobody will be (or nobody should be, I can't remember specifically what he said) charged over the equivalent of US$9.99.

I think part of the issue is people expecting the UK to be somehow different to the rest of the world when everything points to it being exactly the same as the rest of the world.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The information is out there though. Vince said back on the conference call he didn't forsee anybody other than Canada getting a TV channel and launches will be the US feed on an OTT system.

George Barrios said that (with the exception of Canada) nobody will be (or nobody should be, I can't remember specifically what he said) charged over the equivalent of US$9.99.

I think part of the issue is people expecting the UK to be somehow different to the rest of the world when everything points to it being exactly the same as the rest of the world.

they should say that is $9:99 u.s not we don't have any info right now come back soon
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's really odd how WWE have been so silent about it.
    Forum Member
    they should say that is $9:99 u.s not we don't have any info right now come back soon

They may not be allowed to say anything about it until the new Sky deal begins on October 1st though. We don't know how the contract his been written, what agreements they've made with Sky about advertising a competing service to SBO.

And to be honest, does it really matter if we find out on September 18th rather than October 1st? When people go to sign up, they will see the price and make their decision on the day. It's not like they aren't ever going to let people know the price lol.

And as I said before, this is the exact same response that was given to every other country by Ask WWE Network before their launches. It's not like they've just decided not to tell us, nobody knew the price until launch day except for the U.S. and Canada who were told theirs in advance.
    Forum Member
    I've given Ask WWE Network a stern telling off about the lack of information about whether we will get PPVs live on the network (although I believe they will be).

They apologise for the inconvenience :p
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've given Ask WWE Network a stern telling off about the lack of information about whether we will get PPVs live on the network (although I believe they will be).

They apologise for the inconvenience :p

i thought all the info was "out there"?

why would they not be live btw?

i still reckon we will have to pay £9.99, much prefer £6.99!!!!!!!!
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »

Sky box office may have live rights with no competition, Unlikely but that has been rumoured (Without source tbf) But it is the only reason it 'could' happen
  • homer2012homer2012 Posts: 5,216
    Forum Member

Us version works out cheaper;-) if i remember correctly.
    Forum Member

To me from what Ive read from Vince and George Barrios the information is there it just hasn't been officially concerned.

WWE have said the international version (bar Canada) is the over the top US version with live PPVs. Some are assuming the UK will be different than the other 170 countries that recently launched. But that information is out there.

Vince said he doesn't expect another Canada style deal internationally. Some people are assuming the UK will be different than the other 170 countries that recently launched. But that information is out there.

George Barrios said no country will pay more than the US$9.99. Again, some people are assuming the UK will be different than the other 170 countries that recently launched. But that information is out there.

The UK is receiving the same rollout as the rest of the world. There was no confirmation that other countries would be OTT, would carry PPVs live or it would cost $9.99 but that's what has happened. As I said before, part of the problem is people assuming for some reason the UK will be treated differently than the rest of the world.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    What people forget is that if it was £9.99 they would get a lot more than $9.99 due to currency exchange. What you would need to do is look at other countries and how they pay for it. Do they pay in $s or their own currency?
    Forum Member
    They pay the equivalent of 9.99 US dollars everywhere in the world except for Canada.
  • Adam NortonAdam Norton Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    I will assume PPVs will still be available on Sky Box Office.

So that those that will not be subscribing to the WWE Network due to them only selecting what PPVs to pay for or don't own a device in which to view it (unlikely but true).

Sky will advertise WWE PPVs on Sky Box Office only.

The last free PPV is this Sunday then I will assume WWE will start promotion on the Monday 29th edition of RAW, since PSN (as example) usually does updates on a Tuesday I expect the WWE app to be available on 30th September on you'll be able to sign up and subscribe to the WWE Network from the 27th ready for October 1st launch.

I doubt there will be any promotion from Sky and the former is only what I assume to happen. The pricing model may be in US dollars (to start with) or rounded up to the nearest .99 (at the moment $9.99 is around £6.14) so £6.99 currently for the UK WWE Network price as that covers them for while.