Forum Member
✭✭✭
....., or did I imagine it?

Comments

• Options
    solace2008solace2008 Posts: 1,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will probably happen towards the end of the year. I am presuming she'll be late on in her pregnancy, but she hasn't been seen on screen for a while either, so perhaps Anna will think she's suffering from an eating disorder, take her to the doctors, and then find out Fay's expecting.
  • Options
    djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hope this story has been dropped
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solace2008 wrote: »
    This will probably happen towards the end of the year. I am presuming she'll be late on in her pregnancy, but she hasn't been seen on screen for a while either, so perhaps Anna will think she's suffering from an eating disorder, take her to the doctors, and then find out Fay's expecting.

just like Sara-louise..
  • Options
    maxsimaxsi Posts: 2,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, so that night of her being odd and stroppy months ago was the start of it all...
    Fair enough, I really thought I must have imagined it.
  • Options
    boogie woogieboogie woogie Posts: 16,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm already dreading it.
  • Options
    CorabalCorabal Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »

Blackburn confirmed it was definitely happening.
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member
    maxsi wrote: »
    ....., or did I imagine it?

They always said it was going to be later in the year - Autumn / winter time and it is only the middle of September. It was about 5 or 6 weeks ago when she came back from that party upset which is when I suspect she slept with somebody so would imagine the reveal would be 3 or 4 months after that. I doubt she'd discover her pregnancy early.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, what we saw a while ago was probably when she got pregnant but being very young, probably either won't think she's pregnant or not want to tell anyone and 'hope it goes away'. Not that this would necessarily be the case in real life, but this is soap land!
  • Options
    PopsiemiaPopsiemia Posts: 5,135
    Forum Member
    A couple of months ago there were lots of rumours that this was an up and coming storyline.
    They will probably want to make her too far advanced in a pregnancy for a termination to be possible, otherwise it would be a rather short storyline.
  • Options
    gamekeepersgalgamekeepersgal Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How long ago since she came home and stormed upstairs after a party?
    My guess that was the night of conception, and when she finds out it will be to late to abort.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't missed her
  • Options
    chloebchloeb Posts: 6,501
    Forum Member

Me too
  • Options
    NoushNoush Posts: 4,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When the spoiler broke I was quite shocked because the actress still looked very young but as the weeks and months passed I saw her in one episode and she had (as kids do!) grown so much!! That was a couple of months ago and so now that she hasn't been onscreen lately, by the time she comes back she'll probably look like a grown woman!!... and thus losing the wow factor......I could be wrong though....
  • Options
    Major ChudleyMajor Chudley Posts: 4,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had read that she was going to give birth in her bedroom without anyone knowing, even Faye not realising she was pregnant and Anna finding her
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am sure someone in charge of the programme, higher up that Stuart Blackburn, will veto it, djfunnyman. Little girl's of 12 having sex is unacceptable as family viewing. With all the child sex scandals being exposed at present, it is unbelievable that this would even have been considered as entertainment.
  • Options
    sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She was in it last night playing with a ball for no storyline purpose at all. Just like when Maria was cleaning the mirror in the background and then said "get some biscuits"

Is that what Blackburn is doing now? Shoe horning characters into storylines that don't involve them?

As for the topic subject. I don't want to watch it and will switch off. The kid can't act and the character isn't liked and do we really want to see the fishwife shouting and heavy breathing again so soon after the Phelan business.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    solace2008 wrote: »

Same as Sarah Lou.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ridiculous.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-20/coronation-street-spoilers-faye-pregnancy-plot-is-a-massive-responsibility-says-show-boss
    Wednesday 20 August 2014 at 05:32AM
    Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has confirmed that 12-year-old schoolgirl Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) will fall pregnant later this year.
  • Options
    soap-leasoap-lea Posts: 23,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am in the camp that this storyline is not entertaining. its not even educating to youngsters who are going to think its ok to have sex and get pregnant as corrie glorifies it will all teen girls getting pregnant then it all being hunkydory with the family.

i would like it dropped before it airs. In my eyes it is worse than the baby swap in Eastenders and will probably cause more outrage.

maybe they are going for even lower viewer figures
  • Options
    Janet43Janet43 Posts: 8,008
    Forum Member
    k9fan wrote: »
    Ridiculous.

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2014-08-20/coronation-street-spoilers-faye-pregnancy-plot-is-a-massive-responsibility-says-show-boss
    Wednesday 20 August 2014 at 05:32AM
    Coronation Street producer Stuart Blackburn has confirmed that 12-year-old schoolgirl Faye Windass (Ellie Leach) will fall pregnant later this year.
    That expression reminds me of when I was at school and a friend said she'd been told by her parents that she shouldn't have sex with a boy because if she then fell over she'd become pregnant - her interpretation of "fall pregnant"
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,954
    Forum Member
    I am sure someone in charge of the programme, higher up that Stuart Blackburn, will veto it, djfunnyman. Little girl's of 12 having sex is unacceptable as family viewing. With all the child sex scandals being exposed at present, it is unbelievable that this would even have been considered as entertainment.

I agree with all you say. A drama on this subject could be worthwhile, but the writing would need to be excellent and sensitive - maybe a one-off or short series where the writers aren't so constricted by time and ratings. I am dreading this storyline; I don't think the current producers and writers can be trusted with it and I may well switch off if it goes ahead. I am still hoping it will be dropped though.

It's a shame something more interesting and original couldn't have been done with Faye. I am surprised that the actress's parents are allowing her to do the pregnancy SL.
  • Options
    desperate housedesperate house Posts: 3,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soap-lea wrote: »
    I am in the camp that this storyline is not entertaining. its not even educating to youngsters who are going to think its ok to have sex and get pregnant as corrie glorifies it will all teen girls getting pregnant then it all being hunkydory with the family.

i would like it dropped before it airs. In my eyes it is worse than the baby swap in Eastenders and will probably cause more outrage.

maybe they are going for even lower viewer figures

I agree. Apart from the fact that the girl just cannot act (remember she is a cousin of a current actor on the show), it it isn't a suitable subject for an early evening programme. This is the bottom of the barrel as far as I am concerned for Corrie, Blackburn is going the wrong way with this s/l, I for one will not be watching it.
  • Options
    when0in0romewhen0in0rome Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Sarah 12 when she got pregnant as well? Nothing that hasn't been done before......
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    Anything that gives the Windass-Armstrong's more screentime can only ever be a bad idea.

No doubt Anna will offer to bring up the "baybeh" as her own.
  • Options
    Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't Sarah 12 when she got pregnant as well? Nothing that hasn't been done before......
    Sarah-Louise was 13 and played by a good actress who was 16. . The girl playing Faye is 12, and she can't act; I don't understand why she was given a role in the show in the first place.