• Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the correct thing to do is comment "vaguebook.com"
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    ^^^ It's a new FB 'game', although chain letter is a more accurate title.

Someone posts something along the lines of, "I know nobody will see my status but sometimes I like to dig a hole in my backyard, stand in the hole, and pretend I’m a carrot."

If you respond, you receive this message via IM:
    (Note the use of the passive-aggressive "unless you have lost your sense of humour."

The person on my FB who does every single one of the "What month are you....? What cheese are you....? What colour are you....?" did this so I knew straight off it was going to be the latest craze doing the rounds.
    Oh good grief. And that's a game?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    That really gets on my nerves, if its so private why do they announce theyre upset on the main page? :confused:
    Attention seeking, that's all. I don't have any friends who post such nonsense but if I did, I'd definitely ignore them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the sour grapes posts this morning.

I think I'll be happy to half my friends list, sick of the ridiculous berating constantly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well my fav this morning is

"omg why does everyone else's pregnancy go quickly, I'm only 20 weeks I cant wait to be with my son and grow up and be a mum, leave all you sad bitches behind".

The girl got pregnant 4 weeks into a new relationship.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the third status i've seen where someone has said they're "pretending to be a carrot"

"I know nobody will see my status but sometimes, when I am bored, I go into the garden, I cover myself in earth and I pretend I am a carrot"

What's that all about?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Jason100 wrote: »
    This is the third status i've seen where someone has said they're "pretending to be a carrot"

"I know nobody will see my status but sometimes, when I am bored, I go into the garden, I cover myself in earth and I pretend I am a carrot"

What's that all about?

Read a few posts above yours
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kyle123 wrote: »
    Oh, and to evoke to a very old post of mine buried somewhere within this thread, I'm in the middle of another of the "hollibobs" lady's weeks away from work.

Actual non-edited posts:
    Saturday: "Yaay, day one of my holibobs xxx"
    Sunday: "Day two of my holibobs xx"
    Monday: "Day three of my holibobs, goin so fast :("
    Tuesday: "Fourth day of mu holibobs!! xxxx"

Breaking news!!!!!! Holibobs lady announced yesterday that she has handed in her notice and is leaving her job in two weeks.

I already look forward to the inevitable "day one of my new job" or perhaps "day one of my unemployment" posts!
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A status put on fb by my cousin was 'need a wee but can't be bothered getting up'.
    For crying out loud!!!
  • Options
    russellellyrussellelly Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This utter gem just came up on my newsfeed.

"With it being bank holiday Monday is Barclays open today? If so what time till?"

Just caught up on a good few pages of this thread (always makes me smile). This is a cracker.

One of my FB friends just flew to Australia on Malaysian Airlines. Lots of updates about how great it is that the ticket was so cheap, the plane was empty so he could stretch out etc. Erm, it was cheap and empty because of two crashes that cost people their lives!

Also, Scottish thing, all the Yes supporters putting '45' badges on their profile pics. Aren't we supposed to be moving on and uniting as a nation instead of emphasising our division? (The '45' refers to the 45% who voted for independence).
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I feel sorry for the kids of someone on my fb. Basically the mother gets fed up of where she lives and moves house regulary. She has three kids, two school age and one pre- school. The eldest has behavioural issues and her middle one has learning difficulties and the school they are settled in has given each of them an assistant to help them.

Shes now on facebook asking for new school recommendations because shes moved house again and doesnt like taking them on the bus! Shes moved less than two miles away so wants her kids to go to the school near her house which already struggling with the growing number of kids in the area (especially those with english as a second oanguage) and its highly unlikely her kids will get the same level of attention.

Still saves her a 5 minute bus journey!
  • Options
    PuckyPucky Posts: 4,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really do despair - the following is 2 extracts from a conversation moaning about not getting paid.
    XX XX I dunno how you spell it, that black horse xx
    XX XX Llyods xx

How can you not know how to spell the name of your bank FFS!!
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They had to get a translator in at the benefits office today. Somebody came in speaking English :)

Share if you laughed!

Shared by an unemployed criminal who has never worked a day in his life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news!!!!!! Holibobs lady announced yesterday that she has handed in her notice and is leaving her job in two weeks.

I already look forward to the inevitable "day one of my new job" or perhaps "day one of my unemployment" posts!

Oh FFS, this better not become a thing. I presume holibobs lady is working her last shift on Friday because my newsfeed currently shares:

This morning: "Woop Woop! Five days to go!!"

I know I keep posting about this woman, but it seems like her entire Facebook existence seems to be counting down to her next day off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I just spotted that amused me! This girl is occasionally a bit of a moaner on Facebook, though by no means someone who seems to constantly crave online attention.

"Literally the worst day ever, happy birthday to me!!!! :("

She might legitmately have something sad going on, but in any case, nobody cared to ask. She just had six people reply to the status with a variation of "happy birthday Lizzie!!!", to which she replied with a "thanks :(" everytime.

Is it mean I found that amusing? :p
  • Options
    Tess-gTess-g Posts: 29,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another thing I just spotted that amused me! This girl is occasionally a bit of a moaner on Facebook, though by no means someone who seems to constantly crave online attention.

"Literally the worst day ever, happy birthday to me!!!! :("

She might legitmately have something sad going on, but in any case, nobody cared to ask. She just had six people reply to the status with a variation of "happy birthday Lizzie!!!", to which she replied with a "thanks :(" everytime.

Is it mean I found that amusing? :p

Yes. :(
  • Options
    Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    I have a friend who i kinda feel sorry for but at the same time her updates make me think ugh here we go again.

Poor girl has something wrong with her, but she hasnt specifically said what her diagnosis is. I know shes had lots of operations lately and lots of struggles. The thing is its really affecting her personality and she has sort of become this illness. She used to post typical normal person statuses but noe every single one is typical of this..

"Day 14. Wound has started leaking again :( nurse will be coming round later to put a new dressing on. Hope i can sleep better tonight"

"Day 15. Got to go back to hospital to get a new vac fitted. Hopefully this one will be better than the other and i will start to heal. Finding it hard to move and hadnt had a shower since before the op."

She seriously puts daily updates about leaky wounds etc and its beyond the point of sympathy. She used to get loads of sympathy replies but now nobody bothers. I feel sorry for her but shes really letting the illness define her and her life revolves around it. Nobody wants to hear how she was exstatic that she had a crap so could leave hospital, or how her wound has leaked through her dressing, or how her vac machine batteries went flat at four in the morning.
  • Options
    Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not a status update....but...

People who must have seen your name crop up on FB for many years due to having mutual friends - or people in your past who you weren't really friends with but see you in town or on social networks SUDDENLY sending you a friend request......because they have a baby to brag about. :mad:

I have even had people unfriend me...then send me another friend request when they have given birth and want you to coo over their baby pics! So rude!

I can understand if I had kids (I don't) and they were infertile and feeling resentful or something....but that's not the case.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    26 year old woman with a 2 year old child actually asking people (I got an inbox i assume others did too) to like her status about having had a great days as she is trying to make someone jealous

26 years old.....
  • Options
    Irishguy123Irishguy123 Posts: 14,652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Gaurds called just there again and they called lastnight looking for my.mother, a man whos going with my aunt called my mother a tinker and a **** from guranabraher,this.happened at the food festival yesterday. Because of my children.im not going to violent. I just told the gaurds that il kill him unless they punish him for it. Iv a daughter and a son who I want to set a goodexample for.but I dont no what il do if I see him my head is saying remain calm for the greater good,but another voice is saying open up his head and kill him.I want to kill him.id love to cut his f*cking throat for what hesaid. I.hope.the shit gaurds sort him out. My mother gets an awful doing from.these f*cking people, il do something that will shock this hole country if the gaurds don't deliver. im as serious as cancer"

:o
  • Options
    chandlerpchandlerp Posts: 4,958
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the previously unheard verse of Rhythm Is A Dancer there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Someone I know has posted that she's off on yet another holiday. This is her third one this year too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

She sounds like one of those who posts either telling us about when they have meetings or what they're getting up to at work or even posts "roll on 5pm"
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Apparently haloween is national kill a dog day. Once parents have finished taking their children trick or treating. They will return to the street with knives, hammers and baseball bats and kill any dogs they see. DO NOT take your dog for a walk this haloween .

How the heck do people fall for this crap:o
  • Options
    AlferdPackerAlferdPacker Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up on a good few pages of this thread (always makes me smile). This is a cracker.

One of my FB friends just flew to Australia on Malaysian Airlines. Lots of updates about how great it is that the ticket was so cheap, the plane was empty so he could stretch out etc. Erm, it was cheap and empty because of two crashes that cost people their lives!

Also, Scottish thing, all the Yes supporters putting '45' badges on their profile pics. Aren't we supposed to be moving on and uniting as a nation instead of emphasising our division? (The '45' refers to the 45% who voted for independence).

BIB - This!

I got rid of my Facebook for the week before and after the Vote. Was really annoying me. And the 45% thing is just pathetic it never went through get over it instead of wearing it like some sort of Badge.