Existing O2 customer, iPhone contract enquiry

magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
Forum Member
✭✭
At the moment, I'm on a business tariff with T-Mobile, and I also have a SIMplicity tariff with O2, under my name, which I have been paying for well over a year for my wife.

I'm looking to upgrade soon, and I've been thinking about getting us both iPhones.

My question is, it says that you are only allowed 1 iPhone per user, would I have to pay for the second iPhone, despite paying for two monthly subscriptions? And if so, how much?

The other question I have relates to the credit check side of things - as an existing O2 customer of well over a year, would they still put me through a credit check?

The reason I ask is when I signed up for my SIMplicity tariff originally, I had two of them, and I got credit checked twice, and as I only had the 2nd SIMplicity tariff for a month, before moving to T-Mobile, I ended up having 3 seperate credit checks done in a short space of time, which didn't do my credit rating any favours, and as a long standing customer, I don't see why I should have to go through yet another credit check?

Finally, an iTunes related question, I currently have an 80Gb iPod Classic, and use about 70Gb at the moment, which is obviously far more than I can fit on an iPhone. Is it possible to select what music I want to fit onto the iPhone. Or will I need to set up a 2nd profile on my pc and load in an additional 16Gb worth of music?

Comments

• jammersjammers Posts: 4,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    magikmax wrote: »
    At the moment, I'm on a business tariff with T-Mobile, and I also have a SIMplicity tariff with O2, under my name, which I have been paying for well over a year for my wife.

I'm looking to upgrade soon, and I've been thinking about getting us both iPhones.

My question is, it says that you are only allowed 1 iPhone per user, would I have to pay for the second iPhone, despite paying for two monthly subscriptions? And if so, how much?

The other question I have relates to the credit check side of things - as an existing O2 customer of well over a year, would they still put me through a credit check?

The reason I ask is when I signed up for my SIMplicity tariff originally, I had two of them, and I got credit checked twice, and as I only had the 2nd SIMplicity tariff for a month, before moving to T-Mobile, I ended up having 3 seperate credit checks done in a short space of time, which didn't do my credit rating any favours, and as a long standing customer, I don't see why I should have to go through yet another credit check?

They always re-credit check on a new mobile contract.

my friend has an iPhone through his business. He thinks he can have up to 100 iPhones with his account plus he has more minutes and texts for less money with his particular business tariff, or so he says anyway.
  • tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For your music, set up a smart playlist (or any playlist) with the music you want, and you can tell iTunes to only sync that playlist with your iPhone. No need to set up additional users accounts, or duplicate any music you've already got.

You can do the same with your iPod when you reach the point that you've got more music than it can store.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jammers wrote: »
    They always re-credit check on a new mobile contract.

my friend has an iPhone through his business. He thinks he can have up to 100 iPhones with his account plus he has more minutes and texts for less money with his particular business tariff, or so he says anyway.

Can't speak for O2, but with Orange we only perform the initial credit check for however many handsets/connections you require.

Any further credit only uses our own in house credit check, not external.

The only time this may differ is if the original connection was taken out through CPW.
  • magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's very helpful, thanks. Does anyone else know any more about the O2 stuff?
  • Darth-HabibDarth-Habib Posts: 466
    Forum Member
    Re getting another O2 contract, I have 3 contracts with them, when i took the 2nd and 3rd contracts with them, all they did was an internal credit check, which was to make sure my last 3 direct debits have gone through ok. There was no external credit check. All they ask you is do you want the 3 contracts on one bill and or as one direct debit.
  • magikmaxmagikmax Posts: 796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that Darth, I've got 15 months of cleared first time payments from them, as well as about 4 previous fully settled with all bills paid on time contracts from the past.

Just doing my homework, my upgrade isn't for a while yet, although I'm tempted to go ahead and get one for my wife provided the second handset isn't too expensive come August.
  • Mrs DoodlesMrs Doodles Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get your wife to get an iphone in her name and get yours in your name problem solved.