Why does Claudia Winkleman look stoned/drunk/like she has been beaten up?

Comments

• ZincubusZincubus Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    da3bool wrote: »
    I follow Claudia on Twitter

Why would you want to follow her ?

I could think of a thousand more interesting people to follow on Twitter .

In saying that - I don't see the point of Twittering anyway :)
  • stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    if claudia has had a really bad cold recently maybe thats, the reason her eyes looked so sore possibly she isnt able to wear her contact lenses, hence the constant squinting also her normal eye make up ie eyeliner would have irritated her eyes even more so she didnt wear it.

have to say shes lost wayyy tooo much weight though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    as a few people have said already, i think it's her eye make-up. white eye-liner doesn't suit her. she looks better with dark colours :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stargirl 2 wrote: »
    if claudia has had a really bad cold recently maybe thats, the reason her eyes looked so sore possibly she isnt able to wear her contact lenses, hence the constant squinting also her normal eye make up ie eyeliner would have irritated her eyes even more so she didnt wear it.

My OH commented on how much she was squinting - I've never seen her in glasses so I didn't think she wore contacts.

She looked terrible - so orange, not a good look at all
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was really suprised how odd she looked yesterday :S The white eyeshadow didn't seem to do her any favours :/
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i thought that she looked like she'd taken too many cold remedies cause she looked slightly different every time that we went back to her
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love Claudia's style on 'It Takes Two' and i think she always looks fab.

But last night she looked appaulling. Claudia is normally a black wearer. So wearing bright red did nothing for her (in my opinion). She normally wears black with funky shoes.

Her eye makeup looked appaulling. As others have said, she normally wears a lot of eye liner, but last night there was none. I cant imagine who persuaded her to drop the liner after years of wearing it. In fact, im sure I read a magazine article recently where she said she couldnt live without her eye liner :confused:

Lets hope she read this, and reverts back to her normal quirky style on wednesday.
  • Eye SeaEye Sea Posts: 4,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scamps wrote: »
    I am watching her thinking she looks like she has been dragged through a hedge backwards. She looks so washed out.

I am all for her presenting, this is merely an observation, i've made and wondered if anyone else notice. Or am I mad?

Well, she's never been a portrait has she. Let's face it, if it were not for the make up department and loads of wax strips, you'd see what she really looks like. :D:eek:
  • force of natureforce of nature Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she needs to tone down on the fake tan
  • kalikikikankalikikikan Posts: 393
    Forum Member
    I always liked Claudia on ITT, I loved her overgrown schoolgirl enthusiasm. I think it could have worked on HK, but it seems that she has had to 'grow up'.

Like others, I am worried about her weight. It has always been up and down, but I have never seen her look so painfully thin. They say TV put's 10lbs on you, so goodenss knows what she looks like in the flesh.

Her hair has lost its fullness and gloss and her makeup really didn't do her any favours.

I really hope she is okay.
  • asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    there was talk a few months back of her and hubby having marriage troubles - maybe they've come back??

that actually crossed my mind when i was thinking why she could possibly look so ill and then i noticed she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. so who knows??
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was on This Morning today and said she could barely see the autocue
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,177
    Forum Member
    Nice female, in a nice red dress.

That's an improvement on the John Cleese lookalike... who thought he was funny, but actually wasn't
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asp746 wrote: »
    there was talk a few months back of her and hubby having marriage troubles - maybe they've come back??

that actually crossed my mind when i was thinking why she could possibly look so ill and then i noticed she wasn't wearing her wedding ring. so who knows??

As far as I know, she hasnt worn her wedding ring for a long while. Like you, I heard of her marriage troubles, and i noticed the ring wasnt on her finger months ago (during It Takes Two) so i assumed they had split up. But in an interview i read of hers the other weekend, she said they were stronger than ever.

So maybe she just doesn't like to wear jewelry as i noticed she wore none on Monday evening ?
    Cstar2229 wrote: »

She said in the interview mentioned above that she is as blind as a bat, and thats her main worry about doing the job as she is too vein to wear her glasses !
  • CookmeparsnipsCookmeparsnips Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought one of her eyes looked much bigger than the other at one point- I ended up squinting like crazy to try and see if I was imagining it!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    haweitogs wrote: »
    They usually do when they've been 'powdering their noses.'

Alas, this 'explanation' has occurred to me too :o She's fitting the profile quite majorly atm :(
  • stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

she looked much better last night, her eyemake was back and her contact lenses, i liked her dress too still think she lost too much weight though.
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

........probably on account of her fringe blocking her line of vision :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    her eyes look better tonight. a bit more eyeliner
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    Claudia is already annoying me with her hair flicking............for god`s sake woman clip it back from your eyes or get it bloody cut - She looked really quite ugly what with her squinting and her day-glo skin - she looked like an anorexic orange :eek:

I wish she'd get that blasted fringe out of her eyes too. Her constant hair flicking is so irritating and she's a useless presenter as well.
  • r.a.i.n.b.o.wr.a.i.n.b.o.w Posts: 9,705
    Forum Member
    mia75 wrote: »
    Definitely her eye make up that was off. She didn't look like herself!

Looked like she had a skin condition round her eyes.
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Was that the interview where she was running on about singing Wheels On The Bus to MPW like a demented 8 year old?
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She also seems to get dressed in the dark most nights. Tonight was a slight improvement but she does come across a bit bonkers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have met Claudia she is really nice
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm changing my mind now. Claudia looked fine tonight and was getting into her stride a lot more. She didn't seem nervous and was more her usual witty self.