✭✭✭
    CAPSLOCKON wrote: »
    Can you imagine how bad his scalp smells:eek:

And it still doesn't put Josie off. :eek:
  • Options
    JanisElizabethJanisElizabeth Posts: 12,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No they like both, but the source is always dirty hair, then they will go on to spread onto clean hair, which they prefer, but they will have a go on dirty too.

Balderdash:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    They will evolve on a really manky head, they evolve from humans.

:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o it's early.... but honestly insects don't evolve from humans.

Head lice are an insect that has adapted and evolved into living on the human head, passed on my head to head contact - much like fleas move from animal to animal
  • Options
    LMAOLMAO Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually not washing your hair is supposed to be good for it, after the initial couple of weeks while your hairs natural oils clean away all the crap products that we use it is only necessary to use water on it. Most people can`t get passed the first couple of weeks though, cos its meant to be really annoying and itchy, but after that its claimed that natural processes keep it in much better condition.

When you consider that all the chemicals we use now are a relatively modern invention its hardly suprising that hair is capable of looking after itself.

Having said that, if JJ1 was doing it for this reason (as he has said in the past) I`m pretty sure that bleaching it isn`t that good for it lol :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 362
    Forum Member
    Of course they do, they have to start somewhere. So the poster who said move along is ill informed I'm afraid. I used to work in a school and we were told nits didn't always come from transmission but this was usually the case, but sometimes they evolved from the head of one person in particular, they had to.

Just because someone told you something doesn't mean it's true.
    Can you understand that?
  • Options
    Sue Ellen EwingSue Ellen Ewing Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Head lice are an insect that has adapted and evolved into living on the human head, passed on my head to head contact - much like fleas move from animal to animal

So how do they get on the first human head from in the first place then a tree? how did they start? Adam and Eve?

Scabies is also an organism that can appear on a dirty body without human contact from anyone else with scabies.

I had a lecture at my school and that is what was said, so if you want to say balderdash or wahtever take it up with the medical council:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Balderdash:rolleyes:

how rude, you could have simply said you disagree.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    LMAO wrote: »
    Actually not washing your hair is supposed to be good for it, after the initial couple of weeks while your hairs natural oils clean away all the crap products that we use it is only necessary to use water on it. Most people can`t get passed the first couple of weeks though, cos its meant to be really annoying and itchy, but after that its claimed that natural processes keep it in much better condition.

When you consider that all the chemicals we use now are a relatively modern invention its hardly suprising that hair is capable of looking after itself.

Having said that, if JJ1 was doing it for this reason (as he has said in the past) I`m pretty sure that bleaching it isn`t that good for it lol :D

This person speaks sense. In contrast with some people on this forum. There are a couple of users on here who, if there are as thick as they appear, I really wonder how they manage to dress themselves never mind post on a forum. And rather worryingly they usually appear to be middle aged women! (Thankfully only a couple :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,432
    Forum Member
    So how do they get on the first human head from in the first place then a tree? how did they start? Adam and Eve?

Scabies is also an organism that can appear on a dirty body without human contact from anyone else with scabies.

I had a lecture at my school and that is what was said, so if you want to say balderdash or wahtever take it up with the medical council:)

Yes probably from vegetation - then adapting and evolving - scabies is caused by a mite.

I know at my grand old age that much of what I was taught in school was wrong at the time or has been debunked since.

Thank the lord for google
  • Options
    Forum Member

She could have indeed! But people have tried to explain to you that they don't just appear from nowhere, in spite of what someone told you but you won't listen. You are talking pure shite.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That wasn't rude but okay - I disagree;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Playbhoy wrote: »
    She could have indeed! But people have tried to explain to you that they don't just appear from nowhere, in spite of what someone told you but you won't listen. You are talking pure shite.

Now that post is NOT balderdash;):D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry can't resist... yes they can...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/realitybites/a257182/the-first-ever-dsbb-caption-competition.html?start=2
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That wasn't rude but okay - I disagree;)

Thankyou:) maybe I should change the thread to grease watch.
  • Options
    DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Of course they do, they have to start somewhere. So the poster who said move along is ill informed I'm afraid. I used to work in a school and we were told nits didn't always come from transmission but this was usually the case, but sometimes they evolved from the head of one person in particular, they had to.

In what capacity did you work in said school because I certainly hope it wasn't as the 'nit-nurse' far less as a biology teacher. At best someone was as ill-informed as you now are or at worst someone pulled your leg and didn't disabuse of innaccuracy later... or I guess someone somewhere is just willfully inclined towards making things up when it suits them... anyhoo, in order that ignorance doesn't spread any further - nits and/or head-lice do not just 'evolve' on someones' scalp no matter how manky!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am listening, there is nothing as informative as debate, and I haven't been rude, just regaling what I was told. If it is incorrect then fine, but to say I talk shite is indeed a lazy use of vocabulary and very rude. No the way I was brought up anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Look, I wasn't a teacher and was told this by the matron:eek: So If I am wrong I apologise, but all these insults and links to pictures, called stupid etc etc is a bit OTT don't you think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This person speaks sense. In contrast with some people on this forum. There are a couple of users on here who, if there are as thick as they appear, I really wonder how they manage to dress themselves never mind post on a forum. And rather worryingly they usually appear to be middle aged women! (Thankfully only a couple :p)

I'm not middle aged you cheeky person.
  • Options
    spanglyspangly Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh this thread has made me LOL - thanks :D

really brightened up my morning - ignorance is always good for a giggle ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spangly wrote: »
    oh this thread has made me LOL - thanks :D

really brightened up my morning - ignorance is always good for a giggle ;)

Ignorance is to continue insulting someone who has apologised for their misinformation (or ignorance). I have never had fleas, so perhaps I should have not taken someone's word for it. People on here are incredibly nasty. It's a real eye opener.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    ParnebParneb Posts: 5,676
    Forum Member
    You have to catch nits - they don't just evolve from dirty hair - iif no-one in the house has nits then they are not about to get them.

- and nits don't mind whether hair is clean or dirty - they have no preference

At last, someone with the correct info.
  • Options
    DeerdDeerd Posts: 21,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ignorance is to continue insulting someone who has apologised for their misinformation (or ignorance). I have never had fleas, so perhaps I should have not taken someone's word for it. People on here are incredibly nasty. It's a real eye opener.

'Nits' are the eggs of the head-lice, head-lice are the parasites when hatched and fleas are an entirely different beast and don't actually live on humans but may bite them.

Ummm - I think some just 'suffer fools less gladly' than others and that you persisted beyond numerous early, informative and 'polite' corrections to your theory may have engendered the notion that you were being deliberately ignorant.

Anyhooooo... all resolved now except my psychosomatic itching since first I read this thread. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 396
    Forum Member

Sue Ellen, just ignore it, it's not worth getting annoyed about :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21
    Forum Member
    I am listening, there is nothing as informative as debate, and I haven't been rude, just regaling what I was told.

I don't know about you lot, but I've certainly been regaled by this thread.
    :)

Dear me, I am feeling naughty today, it's sure to get me into trouble. This is why I don't post more often, preferring to lurk and smirk privately. Back to work, Lila.