Trivial things that annoy you intensely. (Part 3)

Comments

• Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Old people in chemists who ignore the courtesy sign and dont move to the waiting area to wait but instead lean on the counter either giving the impression they are queing, or evesdrop on the next persons personal conversation!
  • silversoxsilversox Posts: 5,204
    Forum Member
    Semillion wrote: »
    I have noticed that the motor cyclist behind does not appreciate it :D

:D

Yes, I considered doing that to the motorcyclist who was virtually on my rear bumper but thought better of it. :o If it caused him to crash could I be summoned? :confused:
    Forum Member
    Relly wrote: »
    I saw a post by a DS mod yesterday (can't remember what thread it was in, sorry) that said there's a problem with email notifications - them to us and vice versa. They're looking into it, so it should be sorted soon.

Thanks, Relly :D
  • zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One for comic collectors - when I open a storage box and find the comics are all facing AWAY from me so I have to turn the box around before I can do the flicking thru thing. This happens every time.... EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN' TIME. >:(
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    My flatmate does that and it just makes me want to quote the famous scene from Enemy of the State at him >:(:D
    You've pointed this out to them, right ?! I was this person (and still probably am but live alone so don't get the opportunity... well apart from here.:blush:) but had I got a "hey we're alright here, back away with your advice fella... just back away" response I might have known to hold my "wise old words" to myself or test the waters first.
    Although if you have tried this, on many occasions, and they STILL persists, then methinks they deserve a slap. :p
    Forum Member
    One for CD collectors - at car boot sales and the CD's are all completely round the wrong way and muddled so it is impossible to flick through them. FGS, it wouldn't take too much trouble to put them in some sort of order. In fact, someone with OCD would have a whale of a time!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^sounds like Car Boot organisors should pop down to the local OCD help group and organise a day trip to the CB sale (early start, of course). Then they can organise to their hearts content before the punters come. And possible the CB people can charge the OCDers for the "privilege" :)
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying "Sheesh".

I mean, what the hell does it mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you leave out a thank you card and a terrys chocolate orange for the postman who's had to fill out a wealth of "sorry we missed you" cards over the past few days and you wanted to saw how much you appreciated all that, only to have him come, post stuff and leave without take it with him, and I'm pretty sure without even picking it up. >:( - and I wrote POSTIE in big black letters on a white background too, and the neighbour across the hall saw it and they didn't even come up close. So I guess my Postie can just go fkhmself then. :blush::(
    People saying "Sheesh".
    iiuc sheesh = FFS.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    bbclassics wrote: »
    You can no longer receive JSA weekly only monthly now.
    Thanks for that David Cameron. Guess I'll be staying at home when the rest of my mates invite me out.

Millions of people get paid monthly and struggle from the second week to the last week so it gets people used to monthly pay when/if they get a job that pays monthly

Of course some (Not all) will go loopy with this bigger amount they get and spend stupidly and be stuck for the full month
  • JELLIES0JELLIES0 Posts: 6,709
    Forum Member
    silversox wrote: »
    One for CD collectors - at car boot sales and the CD's are all completely round the wrong way and muddled so it is impossible to flick through them. FGS, it wouldn't take too much trouble to put them in some sort of order. In fact, someone with OCD would have a whale of a time!!

Yes I do :D It's usually in charity shops in my case.

Another annoyance is clothes shop with sections for "ladies" and "men". I swear one day I will open one with signs reading "gentlemen" and "women".
    Forum Member
    A few weeks ago we got a letter from the dvla addressed to a stranger but with our address on. A quick facebook search revealed he lives on our estate in our "area" (they dont do it by street names here) and we managed to find which house was his. Looks like a simple error on the database as his address in the same as ours except the house number.

Oh took it round and posted it in his letterbox and naturally we assumed he would realise it wasnt the postman since he got it in the evening etc and would check and change his details.

Today we got another dvla letter for him! Im wondering if its polite to put a note on and pop it in his letterbox or just send it back in the post with "wrong address" written on.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    Today we got another dvla letter for him! Im wondering if its polite to put a note on and pop it in his letterbox or just send it back in the post with "wrong address" written on.
    I've had mail address here but to the previous tenant and also to unknown individuals - all of which I've opened accidentally and found details about a traffic accident, bank details and begging letters in a foreign language from a distant land.
    Depending upon your level of botheredness you can do the writing "not known at this address" on the envelope and popping it back in the post, or if you've too accidentally opened it you look for a phone number and ring up the senders to get them to fix the darn mail error. Personally, since you've tried doing the right thing and sound concerned I'd do the ring up thing (if you can find a number without opening the letter). Otherwise that deliver it properly + a note this time, should get you your required result and hope no more come.
    [edit] just see you know it is from the DVLA so I'd go the ring up and ask THEM what to do with the letter. QED. :)
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    I've had mail address here but to the previous tenant and also to unknown individuals - all of which I've opened accidentally and found details about a traffic accident, bank details and begging letters in a foreign language from a distant land.
    Depending upon your level of botheredness you can do the writing "not known at this address" on the envelope and popping it back in the post, or if you've too accidentally opened it you look for a phone number and ring up the senders to get them to fix the darn mail error. Personally, since you've tried doing the right thing and sound concerned I'd do the ring up thing (if you can find a number without opening the letter). Otherwise that deliver it properly + a note this time, should get you your required result and hope no more come.
    [edit] just see you know it is from the DVLA so I'd go the ring up and ask THEM what to do with the letter. QED. :)

It says on the back "if undelivered do NOT return to sender".

I always thought if you got someone elses mail you had to send it back :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tt88 wrote: »
    It says on the back "if undelivered do NOT return to sender".
    I always thought if you got someone elses mail you had to send it back :confused:
    I thought that too, but you can still to the popping it back in the post thing as I'm betting that message was written real small and thus easily missable. :)
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    zwixxx wrote: »
    One for comic collectors - when I open a storage box and find the comics are all facing AWAY from me so I have to turn the box around before I can do the flicking thru thing. This happens every time.... EVERY SINGLE FRICKIN' TIME. >:(

You've pointed this out to them, right ?! I was this person (and still probably am but live alone so don't get the opportunity... well apart from here.:blush:) but had I got a "hey we're alright here, back away with your advice fella... just back away" response I might have known to hold my "wise old words" to myself or test the waters first.
    Although if you have tried this, on many occasions, and they STILL persists, then methinks they deserve a slap. :p

I told support workers about it numerous times (I'm in supported accomodation or something like that) and got "Well he's just trying to be friendly and help", but I dont want his "help" :p
  • Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    - People who have too many cushions on the sofa. My Mum literally stuff as many onto a sofa, I am currently sitting on a 3 seated sofa with 6 oversized cushions. Whyy???

- Inpatient people. For example, those who start getting agitated when their order at a fast food restaurant doesn't come immediately. Yes, I know it is "fast food", but there is no need for the people to shout at staff.

- When people ring the home phone and ask if I am home...
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm writing on behalf of my soon-to-be-9-year-old.

He's hugely annoyed with me for referring Kanye West as Po-faced K, and for laughing hopelessly at West's latest cock-up.

I know I'm a bad parent. I should be sympathetic and understanding when he defends West each time he makes a cock-up, but how could I resist? Especially his hilariously embarrassing cock-up last week? I actually do like West as a person, but it's when he takes himself far too seriously that makes me laugh. His heart in the right place and all that.

West's latest cock-up: Kanye West stops show to make sure everyone is standing up, including fan in a wheelchair
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    People saying "Sheesh".

It's an expression of exasperation, annoyance or frustration. A form of 'shit', I think.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    grimtales1 wrote: »
    I told support workers about it numerous times (I'm in supported accomodation or something like that) and got "Well he's just trying to be friendly and help", but I dont want his "help" :p
    Sounds like he's avoiding dealing with his own stuff by immersing himself in other peoples lives. That place you're in sounds like a place where he could get help with that. I've known other places where your time is limited so best he uses what's on offer before it's too late and he's looking back years later and kicking himself. :eek:
  • SillyBoyBlueSillyBoyBlue Posts: 3,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Changing word definitions - when did 'wicked' stop meaning wicked and started meaning something good :confused:
    About 20 years ago :p
    (

Where were you in the 80s? More like 30-plus years ago.

It was pretty ubiquitous at the time. There was even a children's TV show in 1987 called "It's Wicked", which illustrated its entry into the mainstream.
  • SnrDevSnrDev Posts: 6,094
    Forum Member
    People saying "Sheesh".

A corruption of sucking your teeth whilst muttering "jesus", esp when trying not to blaspheme and in doing so trying to avoid saying the word but still almost saying it. Think Clarkson and eeny meeny miny mo....

Jesus soon becomes sheesh.
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Meant for elsewhere. Sorry. :(-
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Millions of people get paid monthly and struggle from the second week to the last week so it gets people used to monthly pay when/if they get a job that pays monthly

Of course some (Not all) will go loopy with this bigger amount they get and spend stupidly and be stuck for the full month

Not all jobs pay monthly. A small amount will splash their money in a few days and then be stuck (for the month) but why should the majority of jobseekers have to suffer because of a few irresponsible people?
  • bbclassicsbbclassics Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    How is the new system dumb? It means you should be more careful with your money and budget. I think the changes will stop people blowing the money on stupid things as they know they will have to make it last now.

People do it when they get a job, so I'm sure you can too.

I'd say I'm already fine with budgeting my money. Yes a few will waste it all in a short bit of time (at the end of the month) but to lumber everyone with the same rule (even the sensible ones) that's what is dumb.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you want to watch TV and there is nothing on.
This discussion has been closed.