Options

Do you buy takeaway food?

storyofmylifestoryofmylife Posts: 1,324
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Bit curious to what people tend to do when they have short space of time to cook. Are we spending less or more on takeaways and how many do you buy in a week or a month? Or even spend. I tend to buy them if I am busy or just fancy one really, it is an occasional thing to be honest.

Comments

• Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 74,938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fairly often; Wimpy every couple of months. ..fish and chips.. Every 3 or 3 weeks.. a curry weekly or fortnightly and, not a takeaway, but a carvery weekly.
  • Options
    Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One every 3 weeks on average.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Maybe once every couple of weeks when I fancy Chinese food and can't be bothered cooking it.
  • Options
    spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    used t have a Chinese every few weeks or McDonalds but have changed my diet so don't really eat take out food any more
  • Options
    dekafdekaf Posts: 8,398
    Forum Member
    Only fish and chips, and that's only every few months or so.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once every 3 or 4 weeks for me.

I don't get them because I have a short timeframe to cook in. I usually decide ahead of time that I'm going to have a take away that evening or more often ealrier that week that I'll have one that Saturday.

Saturday is the only day I ever have them on, and I see them as kind of a treat
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2-3 times a month. Because we fancy it, not because we don't have time to cook.
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Yeah I've done it loads of times. I often get pizza or KFC and a really nice Italian restaurant by my house also does takeaways. I never go to the Chinese as I don't trust the food in there.
  • Options
    big brother 9big brother 9 Posts: 18,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe once a week or once a fortnight.

The choice of takeaway varies we have an India, kebab, pizza or chinese
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never eat takeaways. I just don't like them.
    I do occasionally have a ready meal curry from Sainsburys though when I don't want to cook anything.
  • Options
    fefsterfefster Posts: 7,388
    Forum Member
    Maybe 4 or 5 times a year. It's not a treat for me, I don't like them much. It's just on the odd occasion when we haven't got time to cook
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,945
    Forum Member
    DaisyBill wrote: »
    I never eat takeaways. I just don't like them.
    I do occasionally have a ready meal curry from Sainsburys though when I don't want to cook anything.

What don't you like about them?
  • Options
    Omniconsumer93Omniconsumer93 Posts: 735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We have a Domino's about once a month as a treat. I do regularly eat out at restaurants though because of the nature of my work, and occasionally I'll pick up a burger from McDonald's too if I'm in a rush in my lunch hour.
  • Options
    jarryhackjarryhack Posts: 5,076
    Forum Member
    Very very occasionally nowadays, lack of money really. I love a nice takeaway. It's been a good few months since we had one.
  • Options
    contrariancontrarian Posts: 1,475
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    I eat out a couple of times a week at restaurants and have a takeaway with the family once a week.
  • Options
    DaisyBillDaisyBill Posts: 4,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What don't you like about them?

Pretty much everything really. I don't eat meat so that cuts out things like McDonalds, Chinese takeaway is greasy and nothing like actual Chinese food, Indian is OK but tends to be greasy with too much coriander and pizzas are disgusting, IMO, though I understand lots of people like them. Kebabs - meat, fish and chips are OK but the chips aren't cooked the was I like them. I'm just fussy really.
    If I can't be bothered to cook I'd rather just have some nice crusty bread with cheese and pickles, or something similar.
  • Options
    FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't do takeaway very often and I'm trying to cut down after a particularly gluttonous holiday in August but I'm thinking of ordering a pizza tonight. Usually go with Dominos but I'm tempted to try somewhere different.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    Yes i love takeaways like Indian (Chicken Rogan josh is my fave) or chinese (fried rice+chips with curry sauce) or pizza (spicy beef with mixed peppers) or chippy (doner kebab meat and chips with chilli sauce).
  • Options
    Vix77Vix77 Posts: 529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Chinese but only a few times a year really. Would have a chippy meal but never get one because the chippies in my town are rubbish
  • Options
    SchmiznurfSchmiznurf Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I can afford it. Today we had burger an chips from the local, the burger is so big it is almost the size of my head, I ate it just on my own too so feeling a little bad right now.
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do, in fact I had four very tasty bacon & cheese oatcakes earlier. We'll probably be ordering a pizza later tonight too.
  • Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not had one in a while. When I do it's usually an XXL pepperoni pizza from Papa Johns.
  • Options
    SeasideLadySeasideLady Posts: 20,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We had Chinese take-aways two days running whilst we moved into this house in November. None of us liked it and we've never had another one! Once or twice we've had fish and chips for a treat but that's all.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    About once a fortnight. Either Chinese, Fish&Chips or Pizza. There's a new Carribean takeaway opened around the corner from me. Keep meaning to try that out!