Options

British hostage - beheaded?

Comments

• Options
    welshfoxywelshfoxy Posts: 6,985
    Forum Member
    U96 wrote: »
    If I'd had the means.I'd have paid the ransom.We pay £53 million into the EU each day and get nothing back for it.At least we'd have saved his life.Prior to an all out assault on the terrorists.

Shoehorning the EU into a thread like this. Go you.
  • Options
    steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If I'd had the means.I'd have paid the ransom.We pay £53 million into the EU each day and get nothing back for it.At least we'd have saved his life.Prior to an all out assault on the terrorists.

Are you a fool...how do you know you would have saved his life, you want to pay people who kidnap people and behead them?

So anyone can kidnap someone and you would pay?
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    [

I wonder if the government would pay a ransom for a conservative politician or member of the royal family?
  • Options
    Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

They're now threatening to kill another British man they're holding hostage. Would you have paid the ransom for him too? And the next, and the next etc...?
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    steveh31 wrote: »
    That would be Cameron who asked parliament to enter Syria last year and was told no would it?

He asked parliament to sanction military action against Assad - ironically we would have been helping ISIS! I think we should be cooperating with Assad. These evil scum are thriving in Syria because we are aiding & abetting the anti-Assad rebellion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Who are the main funders for these psychotic thugs? Is it mainly the Saudis? If so, why don't we hear of any condemnation against their government?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Who are the main funders for these psychotic thugs? Is it mainly the Saudis? If so, why don't we hear of any condemnation against their government?

They are selling oil on the black market and are funded by Saudi Arabia.
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,060
    Forum Member
    Apparently another Brit was hauled in front of the camera in thr familiar orange junpsuit at the at the end of the video, with a threat that he will be next.

A BBC reporter just said he thought the killer may be different from the previous three videos?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What we are doing is pushing ISIS back into Syria so that they are all based in one country rather than two, the airstrikes have halted ISIS advance and once they are pushed back it will be easier to track them.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Ah yes...give into blackmail. Then they'll do it more and more for more and more ridiculous demands and other groups who might not usually be so sick do it for the money! Before we know it they've got millions and millions of British money to use on their operations.

RIP David Haines.

But once we had him home safe and well.We would commence operations to obliterate them off the face of the earth.
    People are right to say we shouldn't give in to terrorists demands.But first of all we need to draw a line under this tragedy.

1) Pay the IS demands.For all known British hostages of this organisation.
    2) Tell all journalists and aid workers that this is the last time we'll do this.If these people catch you.You are on your own.I wouldn't put myself in danger of kidnap and neither should they.Regardless of their good intentions.
    3) Commence total liquidation of IS members.
  • Options
    Forum Member

This may sound a bit simple, but I'm trying to understand. Is there no way we can take control of the oil fields and stop at least that source of income?

Also, is it the Saudi government? I thought I remember hearing it was from rich Saudi individuals?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I do wonder how ISIS have got all three hostages to speak fairly lucidly on camera blaming the US/UK for their death?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    This may sound a bit simple, but I'm trying to understand. Is there no way we can take control of the oil fields and stop at least that source of income?

Also, is it the Saudi government? I thought I remember hearing it was from rich Saudi individuals?

They have an undeground pipeline which goes to Turkey I believe

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CD8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fedition.cnn.com%2F2014%2F08%2F18%2Fbusiness%2Fal-khatteeb-isis-oil-iraq%2F&ei=2tAUVK7jG5HSaJi2gLgM&usg=AFQjCNFbYhmBGLlkmHyLye70b4__e68Tjw&sig2=8vsXt4hLTj0fhBZpSZQRUg&bvm=bv.75097201,d.d2s
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Saudi Arabia is one the most repulsive regimes in the world.

If only they had no oil - they would undoubtedly be a pariah state - but the West bows on bended knee to these primitive dark age bastards.
  • Options
    U96U96 Posts: 13,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    welshfoxy wrote: »
    Shoehorning the EU into a thread like this. Go you.

It's all about how our taxes are spent.Therefore it's relevant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But once we had him home safe and well.We would commence operations to obliterate them off the face of the earth.
    People are right to say we shouldn't give in to terrorists demands.But first of all we need to draw a line under this tragedy.

1) Pay the IS demands.For all known British hostages of this organisation.
    2) Tell all journalists and aid workers that this is the last time we'll do this.If these people catch you.You are on your own.I wouldn't put myself in danger of kidnap and neither should they.Regardless of their good intentions.
    3) Commence total liquidation of IS members.

The sums reported to have been paid for hostage release are around 20 million dollars. That money no doubt results in the ability to kill many more innocents
  • Options
    Tom_TitTom_Tit Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    I do wonder how ISIS have got all three hostages to speak fairly lucidly on camera blaming the US/UK for their death?

Probably threatened with a death a lot more slow and painful than having their heads cut off. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tom_Tit wrote: »
    Probably threatened with a death a lot more slow and painful than having their heads cut off. :(

Keep filming until they say it, torture etc.
  • Options
    zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    This is so sad, i really hope a lot of countries come together and we deal with ISIS permanently.
  • Options
    dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wounded if ordinary muslims in Britain will now be attacked

Hopefully no idiots say IS does not exist>:(
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member

Yet, we do nothing.

There are videos of IS getting CHILDREN to carry out beheadings as well.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Saudi Arabia is one the most repulsive regimes in the world.

If only they had no oil - they would undoubtedly be a pariah state - but the West bows on bended knee to these primitive dark age bastards.

Well, here's hoping.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dragonzord wrote: »

ISIS want the world to come to them and fight on their ground so they can say the west has invaded, it is possible individual ISIS members returning home may try something but the main group wants it in their territory.
  • Options
    Flat MattFlat Matt Posts: 7,023
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »

I'd say it's only a matter of time before that happens.