Options

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Thread (Part 12)

Comments

• Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ffs ..
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bugger Soldado you have to put penalties away at least but great save from Hart.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typical Townsend there - player making a run down the wing so he decides to have a shot
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this is ridiculous..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah well that's that. We were competitive for two thirds of the game though City always looked dangerous on the break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    typical Townsend there - player making a run down the wing so he decides to have a shot
    He will always shoot as sure as the Pope is Catholic!
  • Options
    knickerlesscageknickerlesscage Posts: 1,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wtf is this game!

Any chance we can ever play one of the 'big' sides without someone getting sent off?!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Ah well that's that. We were competitive for two thirds of the game.

have to agree there. save for a few individual mistakes, we've not been as bad as we were when they won 6-1.

would be nice if we could get at least one back but if it's 3-1 then fair enough
  • Options
    Astra 1AAstra 1A Posts: 1,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stonewall penalty, but should not have been red as there is no way referee could assess whether the City player would have 100% received the pass.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aguero is some player
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "here's andros townsend.. left foot drive" (ball flies over the bar)

repeat until fade :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lee dixon pointing out that one or two of our lot have given up already and he's not wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aguero is some player
    Shows the type of player we need to have up front to have some attacking teeth.

Our CBs have been getting some criticism today. Aguero making mugs of them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    only chadli and soldado up in that attack there .. NOBODY else even close .. and even Soldado seemed reluctant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear we will lose Lloris sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The defence remains a laughing stock, even though, we only conceded 4, which on a trend is coming down!

It seemed to be an open game and we just don't have the capability to outscore with the defence we have. And against the current champions, to insult Soldado, MP plays him alone upfront and expects an impact straight off?! He really dislikes him and will be worthless in the end.

You knew the penalty miss was going to be crucial and it would have been something to try and hold onto, even though City on the law of probability were likely to get another.

Sad to say, any win and there will of course be many, will be a bonus, as it just ain't working out and nothing is really any different.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I fear we will lose Lloris sooner rather than later.

i think that goes without saying, but, as was said a page or so ago, I think we really need to just enjoy him playing for us while he's here and when he wants to move on, he moves with our gratitude.

One of those games really. I don't think anyone really expected us to win it, I'd probably go as far as to say that 4-1 flattered them a tiny bit. We caused them a few problems and opened up the defence a few times as well

While his attitude towards the end of the game wasn't great, I do think Soldado did enough to get another run out. His link up play was particularly good.

We've got a run of three consecutive home games coming up against teams we really should be expecting to beat so with any luck, we can put this result behind us fairly quickly.
  • Options
    spursgaleaspursgalea Posts: 1,193
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed the game today . I know we lost but how did we play. Were really bad or was man city just to good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think that goes without saying, but, as was said a page or so ago, I think we really need to just enjoy him playing for us while he's here and when he wants to move on, he moves with our gratitude.

At the monent though I feel like he is the difference for us. Without him I could see us losing my even greater margins. Hopefully Vorm will get played more often in the cup tournaments so we can see what he has to offer us and get him ready to step in when inevitably he is needed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spursgalea wrote: »
    I missed the game today . I know we lost but how did we play. Were really bad or was man city just to good

bit of both. city were very good and aguero was just a class on his own, but we did hold our own for some good parts of the game and cause them a few problems along the way.

can certainly take some positives from the performance, regardless of the result, although many of the same problems do still exist.

but hey, if hull hang on then at least it won't be that bad a weekend :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical Arses score an equaliser v Hull in the 90th minute. Southampton are flying high which makes our victory over them a great result.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Typical Arses score an equaliser v Hull in the 90th minute. Southampton are flying high which makes our victory over them a great result.

They'll still get in the top 4 though, didn't you know that ? :D

But yes, a great result against the Saints last week for sure.

We're at home to Asteras Tripolis, Newcastle and Brighton in the next 3 games so we should really be looking for 3 wins out of 3 there to hopefully get a bit of confidence back again, although I would hope we're not too downhearted about the game today as there were certainly some good points.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know being on the end of a 1-4 scoreline is prone to bring out knee-jerk reactions (as some radio phone-ins illustrate) but as a neutral I thought Spurs weren't that bad today and with a better ref and a bit of the rub of the green could've made City sweat today. The Soldado penalty miss was pivotal. I thought Mason looked very lively and Eriksen was a constant threat until you went down to ten.

Spurs still had 13 attempts on Hart's goal (seven on target, the other six probably Townsend!) so it's not all doom and gloom, especially with us (Liverpool), Arsenal and United still all looking vulnerable from time to time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheSloth wrote: »
    I know being on the end of a 1-4 scoreline is prone to bring out knee-jerk reactions (as some radio phone-ins illustrate) but as a neutral I thought Spurs weren't that bad today and with a better ref and a bit of the rub of the green could've made City sweat today. The Soldado penalty miss was pivotal. I thought Mason looked very lively and Eriksen was a constant threat until you went down to ten.

Spurs still had 13 attempts on Hart's goal (seven on target, the other six probably Townsend!) so it's not all doom and gloom, especially with us (Liverpool), Arsenal and United still all looking vulnerable from time to time.

I certainly agree sir. I think we have to still remember that we're still learning a new style of play and way of doing things. If you look at how we used to play under Redknapp, the switch to AVB's more possession-based style of play took some time and the same is happening here with the switch to the high pressing style.

Obviously we still do need to ship out some deadwood, but with last week's result against the Saints and some aspects of today's game, I do think we're showing some gradual improvement.

We're always going to get impatient fans who want it all to work now, but that's par for the course I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know if anyone heard the 5 Live commentary but they mentioned they were talking to Friedal before the game and he predicted that November / December onwards will be the time to watch us. Implying that Poch's methods will start to show fruition on the pitch.
This discussion has been closed.