Options

Fortec Star Passion Plus

124»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    bigfootffk wrote: »
    I just picked up a fs4400 from maplins, how did you do the usb update.

Get the file from the website, put the file on the stick, plug the stick in, then Menu: Tools: Upgrade by USB

Good luck!
  • Options
    pburke90pburke90 Posts: 14,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rapture TV wrote: »
    All technical details are covered by several NDA's. However an early version ofthe EPG banner graphic can be found here: http://www.rapturetv.com/testepgbanner.jpg

There have been several improvements since then. There has been more than one set top box manufacturer involved with the development. Backwards compatibility is a priority and helping an open market for equipment develop.

While no technical details can be offered here, you can be sure that the issue you have raised concerning BSkyB was at the foremost of our thinking.
    That link no longer works, could you post a new picture please?

Also, if there are mods for this STB to allow it to read the Freesat EPG, are there any others for changing the look of the GUI? Changes like colour, font, what information is shown on the info banner when changing channels etc?

Paddy :D
  • Options
    bigfootffkbigfootffk Posts: 313
    Forum Member
    I have downloaded the files, there two files that appear to be upgrades...

product_glass_sky29e_sdk.abs and epromclient.abs which one do i use.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe when you've installed one (or both) you can come back and tell us what they do?

• Options
    websterwebster Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    bigfootffk wrote: »
    I have downloaded the files, there two files that appear to be upgrades...

product_glass_sky29e_sdk.abs and epromclient.abs which one do i use.:confused:

Use 'product_glass_sky29e_sdk.abs' file.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have now updated the FS4400. Thanks all
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And.... what was upgraded? Tell us more!

• Options
    Forum Member
    Main code updated from v1.01 to v1.21b1

Improved the record timer, The box will now come out of standby and record the program.

The down side is a full scan will not pickup BBC 3/4.:confused:

I have not had time to play with the editing of TP vpid/apid setting which should pick up any missing channels.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's the wrong time of day to get BBC3 and 4 - they're not broadcasting. Try again this evening (I think they start at 7pm).

Hope you are enjoying CBBC/CBeebies in the mean time :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My pace finds BBC 3/4 from a scan at any time of day no problem, it just lists them as no signal being received at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting...is that a fast scan or a manual/advanced one?

I'm fairly sure my Technomate TM1500 and Fortec Passion+ don't pick them up unless they're broadcasting. I was definitely missing BBC4 until I scanned in the evening on the Passion+.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The pace uses exhaustive/smtv network scan (if I remember right), It takes about half an hour to 45 minutes the 4400 takes about 15 minutes using blind/auto scan. The 4400 update has removed Eurobird 1 from the sat list.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The maxtor 500Gb usb drive I ordered arrived this morning, so far its working well.

Scanned for bbc3/4 last night and found them. After a bit of googling last night it would seem not all blind/auto scans are equal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    Does your FS4400 handle the freesat epg? can it use usb pens?
  • Options
    websterwebster Posts: 149
    Forum Member
    Does your FS4400 handle the freesat epg? can it use usb pens?

Hi,

FS4400 does not handle the freesat's epg and yes you can use a USB memory stick/pen or hard drive.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I will be sending an email to FS, The timeshift buffer is a bit on the large side at 92Gb or about 46hours?

The box also enters usb file list on start up (bloody annoying thing to do).

If record is pressed while watching a program it is recorded and then the box enters standby?

Timed record brings the box out of standby turns on the scart output records the program and then puts the box back into standby.

Please can we have freesat EPG.