Alcohol Withdrawl

Steve ThrelfallSteve Threlfall Posts: 151
Forum Member
I usually drink twice a week but at start of the year decided to stay off it for a while and give myself a break.

So just about 3 weeks after i a feel refreshed, more energy, confident, sleeping well and just feeling great,

However i am getting pain in my stomach and dry mouth constantly, I thought to myself this is probably due to detox but the thing is - i am getting these symptoms nearly 3 weeks after stopping altogether

Surely after 3 weeks any symptpns would be gone?

Anyone else in the same position?

Comments

• vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drink more water?
  • potatolegspotatolegs Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    Steve if it gets increasingly bad go to the doctor - I think they give you something with vitamin b in..
    You having nightmares?
  • 36_Chambers36_Chambers Posts: 944
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what is your diet like?
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    what makes you think they`re connected?
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I use to drink between 6 and 10 cans of beer a night, it made me put on weight, shortness of breath, bad skin, no energy, depressed, and hurt my wallet big time. I drink less than once a week now and feel a million times better!
  • RogerBaileyRogerBailey Posts: 1,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt your symptoms are related. By the sounds of things you didn't drink nearly enough to have withdrawals anyway. Relax.
  • tellywatcher73tellywatcher73 Posts: 4,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't drink at all so I've never "came off it" but I doubt if your symptoms are related. Should probably get checked over to be on the safe side.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    What makes you think it has anything to do with alcohol then? Seems paranoid to me.
  • ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    Im a years dry alcoholic. Trust me youll know if youre ever withdrawing.
  • Barry_JohnsonBarry_Johnson Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you only drank twice a week you wouldn't get withdrawal symptoms.
  • HaloJoeHaloJoe Posts: 13,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    if you only drank twice a week you wouldn't get withdrawal symptoms.

This is very true.
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find alcohol often leaves me with a drawl.
  • Mr. BlueskyMr. Bluesky Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Alcohol left your system a while back its not anything to do with that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Withdrawal from drinking twice a week? You don't really know how alcohol addiction works really. You certainly wouldn't get any symptoms being a moderate drinker. Check your diet and fluid intake and supplement your diet with a multivitamin and a b12 supplement.
  • kookiethekatkookiethekat Posts: 2,867
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have recently quit. I drank solidly from mid December right through to Saturday night, not much, just a glass of wine with dinner and a bit more at the weekends.

It occcured to me though, I had gone a straight month with alcohol in my system, like I say, it was only a small amount, but it did freak me out.

4 days in and my skin is glowing and I have loads more energy, amazing what just 1 glass of wine a day (everyday) can do
  • RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It occcured to me though, I had gone a straight month with alcohol in my system, like I say, it was only a small amount, but it did freak me out.

No you didnt ,,,your body contained alcohol for 2 to 3 hrs per day and a bit more at weekends . It certainly wasnt there for the full month . How about a beer to celebrate?
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because you've cut out alcohol OP. don't cut out all drinks. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I find it helps to have a glass of water when I feel like an alcoholic drink. Sometimes water just satisfied the habit.
  • Steve ThrelfallSteve Threlfall Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    potatolegs wrote: »
    Steve if it gets increasingly bad go to the doctor - I think they give you something with vitamin b in..
    You having nightmares?

No not at all. Sleeping very well. I do tend to get tg=he odd bad dream now and again. Sure most other people do aswell
    Forum Member
    what is your diet like?

Fairly healthy. I make virtually all my dinners from scratch and make sure i eat well. Hardly any junk food these days.

I have cut down on calories though so maybe this might not be helping?
    Forum Member
    HaloJoe wrote: »
    I use to drink between 6 and 10 cans of beer a night, it made me put on weight, shortness of breath, bad skin, no energy, depressed, and hurt my wallet big time. I drink less than once a week now and feel a million times better!

I feel the exact same. Its amazing how different you feel without the booze in your system. I just dont know why i am still getting these stomach pains after 3 weeks, Maybe its just the withdrawl
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    Withdrawal from drinking twice a week? You don't really know how alcohol addiction works really. You certainly wouldn't get any symptoms being a moderate drinker. Check your diet and fluid intake and supplement your diet with a multivitamin and a b12 supplement.

I have berocca tablets.May try having half a once each day to see if this makes me feel better
  • Mr. BlueskyMr. Bluesky Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    I have berocca tablets.May try having half a once each day to see if this makes me feel better

Are you taking regular exercise?

I would leave the bogus marketing supplements alone
    Forum Member
    burton07 wrote: »
    Just because you've cut out alcohol OP. don't cut out all drinks. Make sure you drink plenty of water. I find it helps to have a glass of water when I feel like an alcoholic drink. Sometimes water just satisfied the habit.

I have been told that when your are coming off alcohol that yiy should replace it with drinks with sugar in them. Apparantly it helps with any cravings you have.

In saying that i havet really had any cravings for it at all. Next time i will be drinking is over a week away and i am looking forward to it :)