Options

When does a Drunk

Comments

• Options
    julicovajulicova Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    It is hard to work out what is actually going on in the house re alcohol consumption.

Louie said that, in fact, there is not that much alcohol available there - maybe a couple of bottles between all of them. However, I have seen Carol and Vicky slurring a lot. Perhaps it is because there is not much tempting food about. Louie said that it was all chick peas and cereal. If there is not much food then maybe thin people (Carol, Courtney and Lauren) and small people (Vicky) will get drunk more quickly.
  • Options
    anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    Brace yourself. Probably a lot. ;)

Have you ever in your life read so much nonsense, hypocrisy and speculation because I am astounded !!! Hatred? OMG!
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALCOHOL IS ADDICTIVE, it really is as simple as that. People don't choose to be alcoholics, but if they drink alcohol habitually day after day, week after week, year after year, they WILL become alcoholics.

Carol IS an alcoholic and she probably DOES know that she is, but she is not prepared to publically admit to the fact, nor is she willing to seek help for her addiction because she is not ready to give up drinking yet.

For someone like her, it will probably take an emergency admission to hospital with acute pancreatitis or liver failure to force her hand, because pancreatitis kills 10% of those suffering from it.
    I have worked in intensive care and seen people vomiting litres of blood from ruptured oesophageal varices (varicose veins in the oesophagus caused by portal hypertension due to liver cirrhosis) and it is terrifying and can happen without warning and cause death within minutes.

If she does stop drinking, it will have to be through necessity rather than choice.

Erm, yeah...don't really think she's quite at that stage yet.

1 bottle of red does not an alcoholic make...I hope :o
  • Options
    What name??What name?? Posts: 26,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote:
    No-one else is picked on in such a nasty way. Is it satisfying to demean something which she may be, with such relish and is actually an illness.

It's not demeaning to point out or to admit you have an alcohol or drug problem. It's a strength to see a problem and leads to thenposibilty tharbyou csn then deal with it. It's a favour to help someone realise this.

Carole is an intelligent and charming woman but she does have a real issue. She would have more fun and for longer if she dealt with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is immature and needs to grow up,

Why?

She's not a mother, she has to answer to no one but herself. Seems like she has a pretty bloody good life to me...maybe that's exactly what gets people's backs up.
  • Options
    jackie_Fletcherjackie_Fletcher Posts: 919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cavalli wrote: »
    Why?

She's not a mother, she has to answer to no one but herself. Seems like she has a pretty bloody good life to me...maybe that's exactly what gets people's backs up.

She is just plain disgusting with a gob to match.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't she enter drunk I seem to recall a thread about how even Emma mentioned it
    Yes of course she was steaming drunk. Anymore totally silly, nitpicking nonsense???She probably pours whiskey on her cornflakes. Has no-one come up with that yet ? I am sure she will be so pleased that you all care about her so much.LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is just plain disgusting with a gob to match.

I know, bloody brilliant isn't she :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Erm, yeah...don't really think she's quite at that stage yet.

I didn't say that she was at that stage yet...but that is where she is heading. She is an alcoholic because she has to drink every day and not necessarily to get drunk...but to avoid feeling the effects of withdrawal.
    It would be interesting to see her deprived of alcohol for several days (it takes on average three to four days for the twitchiness, restlessness, irritability, aggression and ultimately disorientation and confusion to set in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Per night? Then yes

And I also used to be there. Now I enjoy the same per week or twice a week. A bottle ofwine a night is like a gentle drain. You don't even realise how much it slows you down and stops you having time to do other things until you decide to give it a rest for a month or two.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why?

THAT my dear is at the root of all of this.She has a great life as far as I have witnessed. A successful , independently wealthy woman, with a work ethic is NOT acceptable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anne_666 wrote: »
    I'm not aware that Carol's drinking does cause her problems.

It's caused premature ageing. What's it done to her insides?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you ever in your life read so much nonsense, hypocrisy and speculation because I am astounded !!! Hatred? OMG!

It really makes me want her to win. :D
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    I didn't say that she was at that stage yet...but that is where she is heading. She is an alcoholic because she has to drink every day and not necessarily to get drunk...but to avoid feeling the effects of withdrawal.
    It would be interesting to see her deprived of alcohol for several days (it takes on average three to four days for the twitchiness, restlessness, irritability, aggression and ultimately disorientation and confusion to set in.

I would like to see all alcohol banned in the house

I do wonder how many if any HM would end up walking I know over the years a few have retreated to their beds when they didn't think they were been given enough Jay springs to mind
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Per night? Then yes

And I also used to be there. Now I enjoy the same per week or twice a week. A bottle ofwine a night is like a gentle drain. You don't even realise how much it slows you down and stops you having time to do other things until you decide to give it a rest for a month or two.

Christ, I couldn't put away a bottle a night, it's a pretty rare occurrence these days. Vodka was my tipple of choice back in the dark days :o

On holiday though, I do drink most days, which is kind of how Carol is treating her BB stay. If we were to diagnose everyone based on their 2 week holiday booze consumption, then I'm betting 90% of us would qualify as alkies.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The woman is an embarassment. I bet her fiance cringes at having to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    THAT my dear is at the root of all of this.She has a great life as far as I have witnessed. A successful , independently wealthy woman, with a work ethic is NOT acceptable.

Absolutely, how dare she not be tied to the apron strings of a brood of kids...goes against nature it does :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's caused premature ageing. What's it done to her insides?

I really am NOT interested but I know she will be grateful for your concern for her health. Premature ageing? Well, she is in her fifties, I am in my sixties and she certainly looks 10 years younger than me and my contemporaries. Don't worry yourself too much, as she can afford as much plastic surgery as she may want, because she has worked hard all her life and has plenty of savings to cover the costs.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Come off it, she's in the utterly unnatural environment of the BB house, that's hardly representative of how she chooses to live her everyday life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really am NOT interested but I know she will be grateful for your concern for her health. Premature ageing? Well, she is in her fifties, I am in my sixties and she certainly looks 10 years younger than me and my contemporaries. Don't worry yourself too much, as she can afford as much plastic surgery as she may want, because she has worked hard all her life and has plenty of savings to cover the costs.:D

It must have been really hard to married to Chris Evans and turn up to loose women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely, how dare she not be tied to the apron strings of a brood of kids...goes against nature it does :rolleyes:

Damn disgrace is what I say !!! How dare she have such a good life !! All those dreadful holidays etcetcetc. Her fiance is also apparently disgusted now LOL You couldn't script this could you?:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn disgrace is what I say !!! How dare she have such a good life !! All those dreadful holidays etcetcetc. Her fiance is also apparently disgusted now LOL You couldn't script this could you?:D:D

There's no getting away from it....she is vile.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must have been really hard to married to Chris Evans and turn up to loose women.

WHAT??? She had her own career for many years totally independent, both before and after Chris Evans.Loose women was also many years after divorcing the waste of space.What's he got to do with anything?
  • Options
    Penny CrayonPenny Crayon Posts: 36,158
    Forum Member

I respect that you work in health care and see some truly horrible stuff but you really are generalising.

Not everyone is the same. I myself was a very similar drinker to Carol and drank at least a bottle of wine a day for 10/15 years ...more on social occasions.

I came to a decision to stop 18 months ago because I knew it really wasn't doing me any good. I was not ill, I did not suffer withdrawl and it never caused me 'problems'.

Not everyone is the same. I appreciate that you see dreadful stuff but I was like Carol, I know a hell of a lot of people like Carol. It isn't a problem for many.

A lot of stuff in this thread is scaremongering through ignorance. I am neither condemning nor condoning - it is Carols life and she is an intelligent woman she knows what she is doing. If she chooses to give up it will be her choice.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You mean her good looking 20 years younger, could only possibly be into her because of her money, fiancé?

She is VILE!!!11! :D