Grand Theft Auto V ANNOUNCED

Comments

• JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    I must be insane but I got 2 pre orders on the go here for GTAV (one from 24ace and I pre-ordered from amazon today) at least with amazon I completely guaranteed to get it september 17th ;) now do I keep my 24ace order and sell it for a profit or do I just cancel altogether? hm.............
  • RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    I must be insane but I got 2 pre orders on the go here for GTAV (one from 24ace and I pre-ordered from amazon today) at least with amazon I completely guaranteed to get it september 17th ;) now do I keep my 24ace order and sell it for a profit or do I just cancel altogether? hm.............

I feel insane too when I consider driving out to buy a copy on the 17th if my order doesn't arrive :D I know I'd immediately regret though the next day!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    I think GTA V will give COD a very strong challenge, especially since COD is released more frequently than GTA.

Does COD seriously still sell millions? I thought the attention to that franchise was dwindling.
  • Steveaustin316Steveaustin316 Posts: 15,779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will probably be the biggest seller of the year. Barring the new CoD, (obv.)

I would be surprised if the next CoD sells more copies than GTAV.
  • blitzben85blitzben85 Posts: 3,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rubrical wrote: »
    Does COD seriously still sell millions? I thought the attention to that franchise was dwindling.

Yeah it does, it'll out sell GTA V imo, I aint getting COD for the first time ever but it'll spank GTA in sales.
  • KMKYWAPKMKYWAP Posts: 1,769
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ambassador wrote: »
    The 6th best selling game in the history of the PS3 had mediocre sales?

XBOX360 only sold more copies because of the stronger XB presence in North America, in Europe and Japan, the PS3 version outsold the XBOX

It's not the 6th best selling game on the PS3. It's not even in the top 10.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blitzben85 wrote: »
    Yeah it does, it'll out sell GTA V imo, I aint getting COD for the first time ever but it'll spank GTA in sales.

Shame :( I'm sure V will be breaking records in some shape or form.
  • DanielFDanielF Posts: 2,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we ever find out what the whoosh was about?
  • Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would be surprised if the next CoD sells more copies than GTAV.

Don't forget that a fair few people will buy it twice. Getting it for PS3/360 and then PS4/X1.
    May not be a true reflection of actually how many people buy it. Just how many copies are sold.
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been confirmed the tank is coming back??
  • kendogukkendoguk Posts: 13,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has it been confirmed the tank is coming back??

Yep the tank is coming back.

You can spot two in the most recent trailer
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, it was? Fair enough that's possible haha. :P

ack, i dont think i can get it from psn now. I've preordered from amazon and was going to cancel it. But its a tenner more from psn.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see no mention of PC in the trailer, this is good, it gives me time to upgrade my PC for it's release which will probably be ooooo 2015.
  • DefyTheOddsDefyTheOdds Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    just been checking out the preview for the radio stations and its just made me look forward to this even more.

Im currently getting into gta4 after giving up on it ages ago its actually not as bad as i first thought but one of the things I have noticed I have no feelings good or bad about the radios I haven't even noticed them which is way different to san andreas where I actually ended up downloading the soundtrack and could remember loads of different memories from individual songs

I still think that for me its not the graphics or even the story that will grab me it will be how long I enjoy just driving around wasting time for no reason other than its fun.

(shame theres no k-rose though, nothing like listening to country while driving my combine).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure there will be a selection of country music available.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Micheal dies after Trevor kills him and Johnny from the lost mc is beat to a pulp by Trevor over a girl.

Terrible!
  • Green ThingGreen Thing Posts: 1,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is it me or is time dragging
  • Hendo9Hendo9 Posts: 1,271
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Wack them URLs through Flubit and get a bit more money off..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seeing the TV ad during the football last night made me slightly emotional! :D
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KMKYWAP wrote: »
    It's not the 6th best selling game on the PS3. It's not even in the top 10.

Yes it is

http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/3/playstation-3/
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Hendo9 wrote: »
    Wack them URLs through Flubit and get a bit more money off..

Saying I can save 80 pence but when is guaranteed delivery? (80p off the limited edition guide)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just pre-ordered it on Amazon 10 days to to :D
  • SJM978SJM978 Posts: 96
    Forum Member
    Seeing the TV ad during the football last night made me slightly emotional! :D

Me too. I'm actually getting quite excited now. I haven't pre-ordered the game, but I will be picking up a copy first time I get the chance. The only question is - PS3 or 360?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how long now until the game leaks? I've heard some parts of the world are going to be selling it from as early as the 14th.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Saying I can save 80 pence but when is guaranteed delivery? (80p off the limited edition guide)

I wouldn't bother for the sake of 80p... If you really need to save that 80p then you probably shouldn't be buying it in the first place :D
This discussion has been closed.