Options

Peter Capaldi

RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'd take him as the Doctor. Apparently he's at 2/1, obviously pinches of salt have to be taken. Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As Malcolm Tucker might say - F*** Yes!! He'd be f***ing amazing as the Doctor!

But I fear that his sweary past and the fact that he's not yet filmed his ongoing role as Cardinal Richelieu in the new BBC Three Musketeers series may rule him out...

How come his odds are suddenly so short? Is there any sensible reason for this, or is it simply twitterfacenetbook rumouring again?
  • Options
    XuriXuri Posts: 465
    Forum Member
    He won't be the new doctor. It's ridiculous.

He's already been in New Who and Children Of Earth. I know both Freema and Gillan had been in it before but they weren't, however, in such prominent roles. Particularly CoE.
  • Options
    RodaramaRodarama Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a far point. Is there nothing I an say about Colin Baker having pevious Who experience from back in the day to persuade you otherwise?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rodarama wrote: »
    It's a far point. Is there nothing I an say about Colin Baker having pevious Who experience from back in the day to persuade you otherwise?

New Who doesn't follow classic rules.

Gillan and Freema were both in it before. But they were in nothing roles. Capaldi has been in fairly important roles in the Who universe, especially CoE, his character is wonderful in that. I really feel for him.
  • Options
    Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

And there was Romana 2.

I'd love Capaldi as the Doctor. Would he keep his Scottish accent, I wonder?
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    If it's not him (which I very much doubt) then I'm hoping they are going down the older route.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    He would be brilliant, but ultimately he's already secured a place in the Whoniverse... two, actually.

He was great in The Fires of Pompeii, but then his appearance across Torchwood: Children of Earth was nothing short of sensational. I don't think such a prominent character, furthermore one who committed suicide and killed his family, could feature in the same canon as the leading man. Although I certainly like the older direction the ideas seem to be going in :)
  • Options
    TEDRTEDR Posts: 3,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xuri wrote: »
    New Who doesn't follow classic rules.

New Who has recast the Doctor twice so far. It's not really enough information to start concluding patterns from.

Capaldi would be a good choice, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    Capaldi would be a good choice, I think.

I think he'd be a good choice if he wasn't already so strongly associated with, not one but two, other characters from the New Who universe.

Why can't they just cast someone new ?

Capaldi is a wonderful actor, but he's been in a New Who twice, so my personal opinion is "no". Get someone new.
  • Options
    saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think he'd make a great Doctor, but like others have said - he'd have to go some to eclipse the jawdropping performance he put in in Torchwood.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd take him as the Doctor. Apparently he's at 2/1, obviously pinches of salt have to be taken. Thoughts?

He's a very good actor but I'd be very surprised if he is chosen.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he would have been a good choice as well.
    Its not going to happen though is it ?

Apart from people being recast, the ones that did appear again as other characters, were not really well known at the time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    It would work if he came back as a ghost
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would work if he came back as a ghost

Perfect, the show really should be more about ghosts.
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Hmm, The Doctor regenerating into a ghost. Now that would be new.

(Would that not just be the same as him dying all together though?)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Why is there no like button on here
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshee wrote: »
    Hmm, The Doctor regenerating into a ghost. Now that would be new.

(Would that not just be the same as him dying all together though?)

"Not a very persuasive argument actually Stotz because I'm going to be dead soon anyway. Unless of course I can leak this f*@king dossier and avert the whole f@&cking omnishambles"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt this casting rumour & would be surprised and disappointed if there were any truth in it.
  • Options
    AlbacomAlbacom Posts: 34,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If it's not him (which I very much doubt) then I'm hoping they are going down the older route.

If it's older you want, what about Richard Wilson?
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but Baker shot the Doctor to get the part.;)
  • Options
    PeculiarcandlePeculiarcandle Posts: 247
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »

I can't tell if you're joking or not, but I seriously wouldn't mind.
  • Options
    tomwozheretomwozhere Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me that a lot of people seem to want an older Doctor purely for the sake of it or because 'we've had three young doctors'. Surely it should be based on their ability to act.
  • Options
    BoneBone Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    wizzywick wrote: »

I DONT BELIEVE IT

Well somebody had to say it

I'll get my coat!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Yes, but Baker shot the Doctor to get the part.;)

OMGs! The new Doctor is going to be Alex Kingston?!?
  • Options
    YosheeYoshee Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    TEDR wrote: »
    OMGs! The new Doctor is going to be Alex Kingston?!?

...I actually wouldn't mind that. :D

Not that I'm saying it should or will be her, that would just be stupid casting an actress who already played a major character in the last three series - but it'd definitely be an interesting and undoubtedly hilarious take on the role. :p