World Of Warcraft DS Players

Comments

• BagpipesBagpipes Posts: 5,443
    Forum Member
    Anyone happen to know what the best spec is now for PVE Mages in 4.0.1?

Fire seems to have made a comeback. There's an issue at the moment with casters - mages in particular - being ridiculously overpowered. I'm talking 35k arcane blasts crits in battlegrounds. Now is a good time to be a mage :D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started playing in late august, Currently am in Vek'nilash and my names Controller (level 51).
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I started playing in late august, Currently am in Vek'nilash and my names Controller (level 51).

a lot of the old players seem to think the WOW market is saturated and *everyone* must have been playing since BC or before, and its impossible that you have 'only' one lvl 80 char.

I joined just after Wrath and am having lots of fun ticking off all the old 'epic' quests before they're removed.
  • oathyoathy Posts: 32,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone happen to know what the best spec is now for PVE Mages in 4.0.1?

Im a PVP firemage/icemage with dual spec,
    fire is so going to get nerfed its insane.

i took out 2 rogues 1 Dk and a pala in one fight.
    theres a new thing that sometimes the damage i deal gives me back health,when its all working its just like a priest is there healing me.

people are saying its just imbalanced at the moment because its ready for Cata but if enough players moan it will get nerfed for sure.

its also worth checking whats changed in terms of Gems etc.a load of mine have suddenly become different colour for the slots they were in...:eek:

itel is now playing a much bigger role,and most cities have a reforging guy he normally removes (either haste or Crit) and replaces it with a mastery score.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

yikes. :eek: Amazing to see those old favourite places in the trailer, can't remember many 'landmarks' on the cinematics before.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    yikes. :eek: Amazing to see those old favourite places in the trailer, can't remember many 'landmarks' on the cinematics before.

Figures really.. the expansions have always been about new lands.. this time it's the old lands being changed.
  • SmallalSmallal Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    Another WoW addict here *waves

Lvl 80 Nelf hunter, Brix
    Lvl 80 DK Phanatik
    in the guild Dragon Slayers, on Saurfang EU.

and various low level alts dotted about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new patch has ripped my Pali to peices (wtb my old dps back) but my priest now rocks...

I suppose I will learn to play her again...:cool:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,121
    Forum Member
    blissfull wrote: »
    The new patch has ripped my Pali to peices (wtb my old dps back) but my priest now rocks...

I suppose I will learn to play her again...:cool:

Yeah it's taking some doing relearning my Paladin. I'm Prot/Holy, so DPS isn't the concern, but both tanking and healing have changed a lot. I thnk I'm getting used to Combo points ....er... Holy Power at last.

My other 3 80s have changed less though, and I'm generally loving 4.0.1
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand my DK since the new patch. I've rolled a shaman since posting and now 80 I'm having loadsa fun. Always enjoyed shaman though and I really like lava burst. Just deciding on what to play next as at the moment I'm messing about on a hunter but it's lacking something for me. Just not enjoying it as much as I did questing on shammy. Maybe I'll work on a mage....... or possibly druid :eek:

Glyphs cost a packet on my server but you only need to get them the once, soooo. I've not really encountered many bad bugs since the patch but I did lose a char completely. Posted on the board and they said send a ticket but I couldn't be bothered in the end, it was only about lvl 12. I lost all my tailoring recipes on one of my chars and had to relearn the lot. No fp to ebonhold either.

Anyone have the HH mount? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    yeah i got the hhm mount on 1 char . have tried every day on other chars but still no luck

happy with the 1 though :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aspartame wrote: »
    Yeah it's taking some doing relearning my Paladin. I'm Prot/Holy, so DPS isn't the concern, but both tanking and healing have changed a lot. I thnk I'm getting used to Combo points ....er... Holy Power at last.

My other 3 80s have changed less though, and I'm generally loving 4.0.1

I'm just getting my head around holy power but I did ICC for first time since patch the other day and by the time I got to 2nd boss I had a ok rotation sorted and it was creeping back up.

I am spec'd to Holy but I don't enjoy healing on my pali.

I got horseman mount on 1st ever attempt on my pali. Other 80's no such luck but I did drop the helm more times than I would like.

I just faction changed a lvl 73 hunter over to horde, having never played a horde from lvl 1 it's taken a bit of getting used to. different cities and stuff.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blissfull wrote: »

I just faction changed a lvl 73 hunter over to horde, having never played a horde from lvl 1 it's taken a bit of getting used to. different cities and stuff.

don't understand why players only play one side; I guess if you only care about rushing to max-level and running the same raids it makes little difference (though it does make some) but on the way up you get different storylines, different zones, different quests at no extra cost.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    don't understand why players only play one side; I guess if you only care about rushing to max-level and running the same raids it makes little difference (though it does make some) but on the way up you get different storylines, different zones, different quests at no extra cost.

And thats why I factioned change. I do have alower lvl horde. See I enjoy questing. The big end goal for me is not to kill the king it's do see the world and do all the other stuff...:o

And its different playing with people I have the previous week killed in a BG :)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because until this year if you were on a PVP server you could only create characters on one side? Yes you could pop off to another server and make a character but then you couldn't chat to your friends and guildmates (again this has been changed recently).

So basically once you made your initial choice of Horde or Alliance, provided you wanted to be sociable, that was your lot.

[Alliance on Haomarush here; Warlock, Warrior & Druid at 80, Paladin at 58 and rising]
  • buffyslaybuffyslay Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Alt addict here so I have....

Chars ;
    Eranor Lvl 78 Nelf Hunter
    Ciceree Lvl 80 Warlock
    Erui Lvl 80 Paladin
    Machiavelian Lvl 80DK
    Biccie Lvl 80 Druid
    Tailtiu Lvl 72 priest
    Catwhezel Lvl 64 Mage
    Littlebottom Lvl 42 Shamen

All on EU Aerie Peak. Also have a Lvl 50 somethign Rogue buried on another server somewehere and a Lvl 30 Warlock on Horde Bronzebeard. Cant wait for Cata so I can add Worgen Warrior to my collection :D

Hey.... i'm on EU Aerie Peak...
    Merrydeath - 80 Warlock (main)
    Ceridrianna - 80 Hunter
    Ceridrial - 80 Paladin
    Cerideath - 80 Death Knight
    Cerdrai - 28(?) Mage

and some others i'm bored with
  • FlyinBrickFlyinBrick Posts: 1,571
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lvl 80 Paladin, Lock and Mage.
    Originally on Al'Akir, but moved to Bladefist just before I packed up playing (Play Eve Online now).

I don't know if I'll ever go back to it, if I do it will be for my guild rather than the game, we had a really fantastic group of players (Pandion Knights).
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    buffyslay wrote: »
    Hey.... i'm on EU Aerie Peak...
    Merrydeath - 80 Warlock (main)
    Ceridrianna - 80 Hunter
    Ceridrial - 80 Paladin
    Cerideath - 80 Death Knight
    Cerdrai - 28(?) Mage

and some others i'm bored with

Whoot!!!! I'll keep an eye out for you and wave if I see you :D
  • PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait for the Shattering to hit Azeroth (Level 67 Human Death Knight - Level 55 Human Warrior)

I hope they make it so you can level in Azeroth after level 60 now
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Looking forward to the world 'ending' and all that tomorrow! Level 80 Shadow Priest, Holy Paladin and level 71 Balance Druid here.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it deffo tommorow?

I want to level up my character on the live servers xD
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    according to mmo ( they are usually a reliable source)

expect lots of QQ posts on official forums and random dc's and realm restarts

ps

update your mods aswell
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    http://wow.joystiq.com/2010/11/22/patch-4-0-3a-the-shattering-likely-hitting-live-servers-tomorr/

ack. Time for my last run of Deadmines then? :( "looks like I'll have to improvise"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The end of original WoW is near! D: