Options

Psychic Sally from Living TV

tvtimestvtimes Posts: 9,276
Forum Member
Hi all,

My Mrs is going to see Sally Morgan tonight. We was watching it last night and she has been saying for ages how much she would like to go. So I went online to find out when she was touring and it just so happened she was in Wolverhampton (we live in Dudley) tonight. There was one seat left so took it as fate that she must go and see her tonight.

Anyone ever been? Is she as good as she seems on tv?

She was told she would have a restricted view but was desperate to go. She's just text me to say she's got a great view. Only cost £21.50 which I think is a bargain.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see her live. Your wife will get a message tonight.
    Let us know..!
  • Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tvtimes wrote: »
    Only cost £21.50 which I think is a bargain.

So you think that paying some thieving charlatan £21.50 to pass off cold reading as a psychic ability is a bargain?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 354
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

My Mrs is going to see Sally Morgan tonight. We was watching it last night and she has been saying for ages how much she would like to go. So I went online to find out when she was touring and it just so happened she was in Wolverhampton (we live in Dudley) tonight. There was one seat left so took it as fate that she must go and see her tonight.

She was told she would have a restricted view but was desperate to go. She's just text me to say she's got a great view. Only cost £21.50 which I think is a bargain.

Sadly Sally is a fraud. If you had bothered to come back from the dead wouldn't you find something more interesting to talk about than your birthday or your favourite sweets?
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »
    So you think that paying some thieving charlatan £21.50 to pass off cold reading as a psychic ability is a bargain?

Great way to make a bob or two isn't it?
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just as long as she knows not to believe everything she hears
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did you pay by credit card? If you did you may get a name check as she trawls the booking receipts for names and addresses.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    Psychic Sally lol.

Swindling Sally more like.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I would love to see her live. Your wife will get a message tonight.
    Let us know..!

I hope she does, she lost her mum 7 years ago just after we got married. She's never been the same since. It would be nice for her to get a reading and her mum was just the type who would kick arse to get to the front of the queue! She always had to have her say bless her, she was quite a force!:D

The crazy thing is as well when she tried to book tickets earlier they said they had sold out so she was gutted. I rang the box office on the way back from work and a seat became available 2 hours before it starts!
  • Options
    Spot the CatSpot the Cat Posts: 442
    Forum Member
    Azagoth wrote: »

That is a bargain!

Sylvia Brown charges several hundred dollars for her cold readings!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My wife is a firm believer although I am a little sceptical seeing as everyone I know seems to have experienced something and I haven't.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't trust/believe Sally AT all! I could have laughed at one episode where this stupid fella was unknowingly feeding her information after she had 'successfully' chosen his wife from the audience when telling her things about her departed loved one. They just don't realise that they're feeding her information when they start making their mouth go and then she gets all the praise! Even celebrities make this mistake. If she was genuinely psychic, she wouldn't need to ask questions. This poor lass, even though Sally got something completely wrong, she still believed in her when she 'finally' got something right. I'd never go to see this 'psychic'. Never! In my opinion, she completely smacks of being fake! I do think there are some genuine psychics out there, but I'm convinced Sally's not one of them.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Psychics exploit the grief of emotionally vulnerable people.

If any of these deluded people/charlatans had any special abilities wouldnt be gigging in grubby clubs or on obscure satellite tv channels at 1am.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Well calling the Wolverhampton Grand Theatre a "grubby club" is perhaps going a bit too far, although it has seen better days.

Unfortunately OP these "tour psychics" are not perhaps the best place for your wife if she is seeking a reading/message from the other dimension. The local spiritualist church is perhaps a better place for her to consider. And generally free.

That said I hope she enjoys herself tonight.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    silvermoon wrote: »
    Well calling the Wolverhampton Grand Theatre a "grubby club" is perhaps going a bit too far, although it has seen better days.

Unfortunately OP these "tour psychics" are not perhaps the best place for your wife if she is seeking a reading/message from the other dimension. The local spiritualist church is perhaps a better place for her to consider. And generally free.

I have heard about these spiritualist churches but they have usually have been bad. I have seen a couple of documentaries and you could blatantly tell they were fake.

My dad recorded a meeting with a psychic the once and I listened to it when i was some years older I couldn't believe how poor she was which is why i'm generally skeptical.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi all,

Wasted money on a charlatan. She's no more psychic than I am.

A liar and a fraud.
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silvermoon wrote: »

Im sure its a lovely facility :D

Just talking in general...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's alarming that you've happily sent your missus to have her grief exploited by a criminal. And paid for the privilege.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    It's alarming that you've happily sent your missus to have her grief exploited by a criminal. And paid for the privilege.

If it makes her happy it's money well spent.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it makes her happy it's money well spent.

And therein lies the reason the con works and these charlatans persist.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't take Psychic Sally's abilities serious, until she channels the spirit of animals like Derek Acorah does. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I won't take Psychic Sally's abilities serious, until she channels the spirit of animals like Derek Acorah does. :p

The question should be does she know anyone who loves dick? Because Derek knows Mary loves dick.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ginger Nut wrote: »
    And therein lies the reason the con works and these charlatans persist.

As far as 'psychic' Sally goes, I agree. There's been plenty of negative feedback about her on here but it's been ignored. The best way to see if they're genuine is to keep schtum about your expectations right up until you get the reading, and even when getting the reading, just give yes or no answers. No getting into any conversations with the 'psychic'/psychic.
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope she does, she lost her mum 7 years ago just after we got married. She's never been the same since. It would be nice for her to get a reading and her mum was just the type who would kick arse to get to the front of the queue! She always had to have her say bless her, she was quite a force!:D

Well, let's hope she can introduce herself with her full name. Very few of those passed over seem to remember who they are.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsmith99 wrote: »
    Well, let's hope she can introduce herself with her full name. Very few of those passed over seem to remember who they are.

You are so cynical J I'm getting a J, John is it, John, Johnny, Jim James, Janice do you know a Janice there is a Janice here it may be for you or it may not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    You are so cynical J I'm getting a J, John is it, John, Johnny, Jim James, Janice do you know a Janice there is a Janice here it may be for you or it may not.

Yeah, that's about how it normally goes.