Options

Simon Cowell wants Cat Deeley to replace Steve Jones on X Factor USA

peterden75peterden75 Posts: 25
Forum Member
Simon Cowell reportedly wants Cat Deeley to replace Steve Jones as the host of X Factor USA.

Deeley, who presents Fox dance series So You Think You Can Dance, is being lined up as a replacement for the Welsh TV personality, reports the Daily Star.

So any thoughts good move or not?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 883
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Stone would be an upgrade.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    As long as Dermot stays in the UK, that's Ok with me!!! He'll probably be the only person I will look forward to seeing on the TV next year....and Olly Murs of course!!
  • Options
    Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,391
    Forum Member
    Cat should host X Factor UK, then we can bin Dermot O'Boring
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He really should just get a popular American to do it.
  • Options
    user1234567user1234567 Posts: 12,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would love it if she told the audience to fcuking shut up :D
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suspect The Daily Star might just be making it up...

But it seems like a decent bet - I'd not be too surprised if she did it. There might be some overlap between SYTYCD live shows and X Factor auditions but FOX could probably organise around that. There aren't that many decent US hosts around.

Simon Cowell, Mariah Carey, Shakira and L.A Reid

With a new host as well.

Katy Perry might even be an option this time - she's not touring next summer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Nah I don't believe it. It would be Cat overload on Fox. Besides she's working during th summer when the host for the X Factor is supposed to be at auditions.

I think it's going to be a new American host. The only European would be Dermot.
  • Options
    snickerdoodlesnickerdoodle Posts: 956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never believe the Daily Star
    remember that Charlie Sheen big brother 'confirmation'? meh!
  • Options
    DE53DE53 Posts: 2,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never believe the Daily Star
    remember that Charlie Sheen big brother 'confirmation'? meh!

Nah, The Daily Star gets it's info of DS threads. Has someone on here suggested her? DS is there most likely source :D
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    C14E wrote: »
    Simon Cowell, Mariah Carey, Shakira and L.A Reid

me likey that idea :)
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    Here's a radical idea..

The show is made in America, funded by an American tv network, three of the four judges are American, the audience is American, it's broadcast in America..... ooh how about an American presenter?

Wow - what an amazing suggestion. :p:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Here's a radical idea..

The show is made in America, funded by an American tv network, three of the four judges are American, the audience is American, it's broadcast in America..... ooh how about an American presenter?

who cares where they're from, half of American series funded by American TV Networks and broadcast in America are full of Canadians, Aussies and British and nobody complains.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 279
    Forum Member
    Ajar wrote: »
    who cares where they're from, half of American series funded by American TV Networks and broadcast in America are full of Canadians, Aussies and British and nobody complains.

This is true. But as long a they put on American accents.:p
  • Options
    gav016gav016 Posts: 5,836
    Forum Member
    It really should be Mario Lopez.
  • Options
    MTUK1MTUK1 Posts: 20,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    Here's a radical idea..

Agreed, but the majority of the crew is British. Also, a lot of the most popular formats on American TV are british. Survivor, American Idol, X Factor etc.
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    As long as Dermot stays in the UK, that's Ok with me!!! He'll probably be the only person I will look forward to seeing on the TV next year....and Olly Murs of course!!

Olly Murs can go wherever he likes as long as it is not on my radio or TV.

The most useless, overrated, and untalented idiot ever to come out of reality TV. Sold his soul to the devil for fame and is basically a Syco bitch.

Not much Christmas cheer here!
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Olly Murs can go wherever he likes as long as it is not on my radio or TV.

The most useless, overrated, and untalented idiot ever to come out of reality TV. Sold his soul to the devil for fame and is basically a Syco bitch.

Not much Christmas cheer here!

Not a fan of Olly then???.....shame that!!
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    E05297535 wrote: »
    Not a fan of Olly then???.....shame that!!

Merry Christmas:D;)
  • Options
    Gill PGill P Posts: 21,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The OP says "Welsh TV personality"! Only one word of that statement is true. Where does he keep his personality - none detecable as far as I can see.
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She did have a small gig on American Idol didn't she, she did some sort of link over here, as if we needed a translator for American, so he has kind of worked with her before.
  • Options
    JMTDJMTD Posts: 7,967
    Forum Member
    While Jones started off terribly, I thought he got better as time went on. Still much improvement needed in places, but I don't see why they don't give him another season to see if he begins to really gel in the role. He's got the look for it, he just needs to relax more and get used to it all. It was always going to be a tough task in the first season, I'd really like to see him given another season.

That all said, I don't think he'll get another season. And Cat Deeley as a replacement is verging on madness. If we're putting Deeley out there, why not bring in Russel Howard too aye? Mental.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    Oh no i can't stand her:p but i would take what the daily star say's with a pinch of salt:rolleyes: but anyone's better than steve jones i surpose:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Love Cat Deeley, I wondered where she had gone, shame she is not on our X factor.

GG
  • Options
    rated_2000rated_2000 Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JMTD wrote: »
    While Jones started off terribly, I thought he got better as time went on. Still much improvement needed in places, but I don't see why they don't give him another season to see if he begins to really gel in the role. He's got the look for it, he just needs to relax more and get used to it all. It was always going to be a tough task in the first season, I'd really like to see him given another season.

That all said, I don't think he'll get another season. And Cat Deeley as a replacement is verging on madness. If we're putting Deeley out there, why not bring in Russel Howard too aye? Mental.

i agree, ive only seen the first 3 live shows so far (got bit of a back log on the video) but i didnt think steve jones was any worse than any other average presenter you see on tv

and too be honest ive always thought steve jones was a rubbish presenter and ive never liked him but on this show he seemed much improved

but he should not have got the job in the first place there is no doubt about it
  • Options
    wordfromthewisewordfromthewise Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jones was terrible in the final......he was like a robot,shoving the microphone under the finalists noses when clearly the pictures were telling the story and no words were necessary.....generally unable to match the mood or add to the sense of occasion.....out of his depth.