Options

Are EE using "bitch" a bit more frequently again?

RandomPeter94RandomPeter94 Posts: 4,935
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I talked about this before on here. It's a stupid, minor topic I know. Since around 2008/2009 I noticed they very rarely used the word bitch. Now this year, I've noticed that bitch was used a bit more frequently. When Johnny called Linda a bitch which was repeated a few times after Johnny said that by Linda, Stan etc and this week, Peggy referring Sharon as that and Ben calling Shirley that.

Now I'm glad if it's being used more again as it's used in real life and it is allowed before the watershed.

Comments

• Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I talked about this before on here. It's a stupid, minor topic I know. Since around 2008/2009 I noticed they very rarely used the word bitch. Now this year, I've noticed that bitch was used a bit more frequently. When Johnny called Linda a bitch which was repeated a few times after Johnny said that by Linda, Stan etc and this week, Peggy referring Sharon as that and Ben calling Shirley that.

Now I'm glad if it's being used more again as it's used in real life and it is allowed before the watershed.
    I'm glad they're using the word "bitch" again as there are few swear words/insults that can be used before the watershed. And it does sound so much better than "scumbag" which they say repetitively.......

I don't know why they can't use the word "bastard" though??
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    Luv it when a character swears, Ronnie said the other B word when she killed Carl.
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cas1977 wrote: »
    I'm glad they're using the word "bitch" again as there are few swear words/insults that can be used before the watershed. And it does sound so much better than "scumbag" which they say repetitively.......

I don't know why they can't use the word "bastard" though??

I remember being really shocked when Roy Evans said bastard :o
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »
    Luv it when a character swears, Ronnie said the other B word when she killed Carl.

You are always so negative about the show xTonix - I wish you would lighten up a bit! :D
  • Options
    RetroMusicFanRetroMusicFan Posts: 6,673
    Forum Member
    I love a good bitch and am fond of the odd bastard!
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Peggy said "cocked up" last week. I think it was her? Or it might have been somebody else... but I remember thinking "ooh :D"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    Ken Barlow the other week

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kTbd2P9Nf8w
  • Options
    lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    About time! It's been too lovey dovey for ages, waiting for then all to start punching eachovers heads in now!:P
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was great when Sharon pistol whipped Phil and called him a repulsive motherfluffing ****.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    You are always so negative about the show xTonix - I wish you would lighten up a bit! :D

Haha :D
  • Options
    Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not swearing but I was shocked when Alfie shouted "which one of you has been shagging my wife" :o:D

I'm immature like that though. I find it a bit of a novelty hearing a character use a naughty word :p River City will sometimes use the word arse or piss.
  • Options
    JetsonJetson Posts: 13,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Always thought 'bloody hell', 'you bloody idiot!' etc would be completely acceptable and realistic, yet is never said nowadays.