Michelle - is she really that good?!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do they have good enough original songs? Ultimately, this is what drove the success of Meat Loaf, Barry White et al.

They had something new to say that enough people liked despite their less-than-'ideal' physical appearances (media friendly personality would help a lot too).

What did Rik Waller do? He released a cover version of I Will Always Love You with a music video that was vilified over at Popbitch and was lucky to get to number eight in the singles chart. He flopped after that.

....and he had a monstrously large ego that did not endear himself to the GBP.
  • matt.bmatt.b Posts: 8,815
    Forum Member
    well there is hopefully a difference between rrik ego waller and michelle :).

I wonder why people fancy popstars, you never gonna get them anyway, what a waste of time. :rolleyes: :confused:

Well ill support helen or emma anyway :) , but just disciminating michelle :confused: because she is fat.

the music is mostly fabricated these days, so youngsters just listen to what they get. Well sometimes a couple of good people slip through the net like pink or nickelback. but all that sclub 7 malarkey and the diva now single. boring boring boring, wee dance routine shite songs :yawn: :sleep:
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    actually it hink she is-from wot ive seen tonight apart from maybe darja, the others are dire-ive seen better singing down my local pub.

why does she need to diet? she has a bubbly personality an excellent voice and a good attitude-stuff wot everyone says about being slim is the only way to win or should win-lets get this girl where she belongs-at the top!
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by gabbyevs

why does she need to diet?
    she doesnt its just the fat haters who want that :D probably scared of their own fat or becoming it :p
  • robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly matt i couldnt agree more
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by CaptainSensible
    Yeah, and pigs might fly one day too...

Yeah like your gods gift honey............. i think not!! Im pretty sure by a comment like that you need a face lift!! Michelle is a beautiful young woman, yeah shes big but shes a damm sight better than anyone ive seen tonight!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by matt.b
    she doesnt its just the fat haters who want that :D probably scared of their own fat or becoming it :p

Hear Hear Matt, good on ya!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Better singer than most on the show BUT still not going to be a pop idol and no I'm not talking about appearance, I just don't think she's a very exciting performer.
  • CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,483
    Forum Member
    Heh - I never implied I was God's gift...

I was just being realistic; Michelle has a great voice, but she isn't going to get anywhere without some brilliant original material; that is how the 'visually challenged' compete against the glamour girls and guys with their manufactured pap.
  • CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    ONE QUESTION.....

Why are people always on the hunt to try and bring down people with insignificant comments and criticisms??

I seriously do believe that a lot us Brits can get easily jelous at others success. And its obvious the person who started this thread does suffer from this.

Now grow up and find a more suitable forum. Perhaps The Tweenies. I believe you could find that on the CBBC section on the BBC website proberly.
  • Beth HartBeth Hart Posts: 6,183
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by CloneClown
    Now grow up and find a more suitable forum. Perhaps The Tweenies. I believe you could find that on the CBBC section on the BBC website proberly.
    Please remember that you are required to always treat other forum users with respect. Thanks.

Beth.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    Fantastic......and Michelle and Chris have made it.......21 Gun salute to Michelle this is the beginning of a long and hard journey .....But she is brave and has confidence....She has an amazing voice
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :yawn:
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    Yes, she is that good. Her voice is miles better than any of the other contestants', she knows how to use it, and she is a lovely, genuine person with a good attitude. Michelle deserves to succeed.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    she's boring. BTW when is David Sneddon being enrolled in the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by lulu g
    Yes, she is that good. Her voice is miles better than any of the other contestants', she knows how to use it, and she is a lovely, genuine person with a good attitude. Michelle deserves to succeed.
    I agree with the second part. She comes across as a far more (and I dont mean this as a pun) rounded character. Chris I find annoying and I hated his song tonight.
    :confused: I dont agree that her voice is that much better. I thought Emma was far better.

;) You're not going on the Scottish connection are you lulu?
  • lulu glulu g Posts: 52,644
    Forum Member
    You know me better than that, Tally. ;) I didn't favour Federico or Cameron in BB4.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    I think Michelle has a very good voice, but the public must surely have voted on her performance during the auditions rather than tonight.

Not necessarily the wrong song, but she def didn't give it her all as in earlier clips.

Either that or they're basing their vote on press coverage or sympathy.

Performance -wise I think Rebecca took the Gold tonight.
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by ilovekieran
    Hear Hear Matt, good on ya!

• simmysimmy Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good thread, she really didn't deserve to go through, I think she's a sheep in wolf's clothing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    Are you sure you've got that the correct way around? :-)

I wonder how much weight she will have lost by the next time we see her? If/when she gets the boot from Pop Idol, she'll probably get more coverage in slimming magazines than anywhere else! (sorry!)
  • simmysimmy Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by groovinDJ
    Are you sure you've got that the correct way around? :-)

I wonder how much weight she will have lost by the next time we see her? If/when she gets the boot from Pop Idol, she'll probably get more coverage in slimming magazines than anywhere else! (sorry!)

errr.....yes, I was being "ironic" meaning I don't think she is the threat people are making her out to be - the opposite of a "wolf in sheeps clothing" - who is someone who whilst looking meek & unthreatening is really a hidden danger.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by simmy
    Good thread, she really didn't deserve to go through, I think she's a sheep in wolf's clothing.
    ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by groovinDJ
    Either that or they're basing their vote on press coverage or sympathy.

I think Michelle and Chris both got through tonight because of less than perfect images (thinking more of Chris in the auditions!) and media coverage...

Now, that isn't to say that they have very good voices, because they have - although Michelle didn't sing that well last night, and Chris totally over did it.

Personally, I think Jason (if signed up) would ultimately prove more successful as an artist that either Michelle or Chris - especially on a world stage. If he had anything like the media coverage 'enjoyed' by the two 'winners', the result would very likely have been different.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
    Look you don't understand something, the music market is dominated by beautiful people because that's what people want to see - a perfect package singing and the image. I believe some people are being reverse discriminative and are giving her sympathetic votes just because she's fat and ugly, something the voter may relate to. :D

Go release an album with Michelle and Rik Waller and see how well it'll do, good luck to you :sleep:

Music is something you LISTEN to generally and I would much rather hear a larger person with a good voice than a stick insect who sounds terrible.

Michelle may be a larger lady but I hardly think you can call her ugly. I don't think you can put her in the same weight category as Rik either - Michelle looks like a lot of people you see in the street, Rik is chronically and unhealthily obese. I also think Rik was not helped by attitude in general which left a hell of a lot to be desired..........