Options

Lisa Appleton

Comments

• Options
    InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why is there this automatic assumption it's the Daily Mail that are responsible ?

She's being featured across the vast majority of tabloid media and there's no real proof that the DM have 'commissioned' this .. well .. 'series'.

Yes I doubt one media outlet in particular is behind it. She probably works with her agent who takes the snaps and then offers them to the tabloids. As the poster you replied to suggested... we can but hope she's actually making a profit from this little exercise because her dignity went a long time ago. Then again is what she is doing any worse than what a lot of the Z-List celebs get up to for stories?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't do link as I'm on phone but she's in the DM again tonight with her boobs out and her legs wrapped round a pole - as in a metal pole and not a polish man
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    I've got that exact same outfit 😱

:D:D:D
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Can't do link as I'm on phone but she's in the DM again tonight with her boobs out and her legs wrapped round a pole - as in a metal pole and not a polish man

Lucky polish men everywhere.
    Still cant believe she's using the excuse of being too famous to get a "normal" job
    if she didn't ram it down peoples throats who she was, they wouldn't have a bloody clue
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I doubt one media outlet in particular is behind it. She probably works with her agent who takes the snaps and then offers them to the tabloids. As the poster you replied to suggested... we can but hope she's actually making a profit from this little exercise because her dignity went a long time ago. Then again is what she is doing any worse than what a lot of the Z-List celebs get up to for stories?

I suppose there are parallels with Josie Cunningham in a sense. Her manager was placing almost daily stories about her in the media and it worked. She built a profile and - seemingly - earnt a fair amount of money out of it.

Of course it was completely blatant, but I think that's probably what bugs me about this stuff with Appleton in that it's even more blatant, but it also doesn't appear to have an end game.

I suppose part of me does wonder if someone chucked her a dildo and said "Go on then Lise, have a go on yourself under that lamp-post over there" if she wouldn't actually go ahead and do it.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think what it is with this stuff from Lisa it is so blatent. No pretence. She is setting up photographs and flogging them to tabloids. They are buying them as they are getting massive numbers of clicks. It's simple straightforward supply and demand.
  • Options
    PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,429
    Forum Member
    Why is there this automatic assumption it's the Daily Mail that are responsible ?

She's being featured across the vast majority of tabloid media and there's no real proof that the DM have 'commissioned' this .. well .. 'series'.

Daily Mail are responsible for this because they started it. Yes she has featured in some of the other tabloid media outlets, but the one that has featured them the most by far is Daily Mail, they have been practically doing an article on her with set up click bait photos every day for the past month (probably longer). Other places like The Sun and The Mirror have also picked up the coverage but no way near as heavily as the DM. Also they were the first ones to start publishing these last year.

Of course DM aren't the only ones to blame, but it's clear they have agreed a 'deal' with Lisa and her agent. The fact she has was literally no where (even after BB she was never seen to be 'famous') and then suddenly all these years later she has been plastered everywhere, all thanks to DM.

I actually feel sorry for her, I feel like people are taking advantage of her... But hopefully she is making enough money from it to make her happy. It's sad she has to go this extreme to get coverage and money though.
  • Options
    womanbytheseawomanbythesea Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    It's just sad. Don't people like Lisa Appleton realise the majority of the public are ripping the pee out of them? If they do understand but don't care that is even sadder. Can't imagine having so little self-respect.
  • Options
    sarahj1986sarahj1986 Posts: 11,305
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Saw her recently on the benefits show. I think she is quite deluded in what her "fame" can get her.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's just sad. Don't people like Lisa Appleton realise the majority of the public are ripping the pee out of them? If they do understand but don't care that is even sadder. Can't imagine having so little self-respect.

I agree. her self respect must be at zero
    she never acted this trashy in the BB house, Still makes me laugh when she thought
    Rachel was trying to seduce Mario. .but this is not even funny, its looking like a sampler for readers Wives. :(
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Today's photos - dear lord. Legs akimbo showing the results of her laser lipo on her thighs. No words seriously
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    Daily Mail are responsible for this because they started it. Yes she has featured in some of the other tabloid media outlets, but the one that has featured them the most by far is Daily Mail, they have been practically doing an article on her with set up click bait photos every day for the past month (probably longer). Other places like The Sun and The Mirror have also picked up the coverage but no way near as heavily as the DM. Also they were the first ones to start publishing these last year.

Of course DM aren't the only ones to blame, but it's clear they have agreed a 'deal' with Lisa and her agent. The fact she has was literally no where (even after BB she was never seen to be 'famous') and then suddenly all these years later she has been plastered everywhere, all thanks to DM.

I actually feel sorry for her, I feel like people are taking advantage of her... But hopefully she is making enough money from it to make her happy. It's sad she has to go this extreme to get coverage and money though.

BIB. As I know one oft he photographers who have been doing set ups with her,I can assure you Daily Mail has no involvement.
  • Options
    egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    I think what it is with this stuff from Lisa it is so blatent. No pretence. She is setting up photographs and flogging them to tabloids. They are buying them as they are getting massive numbers of clicks. It's simple straightforward supply and demand.

She is profiting from the photos but isnt flogging them nor being paid by any newspapers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    egghead1 wrote: »
    She is profiting from the photos but isnt flogging them nor being paid by any newspapers.

It sounds like she's learnt a trick from Abi Titmuss then and is retaining copyright from the pictures.

There still has to be some end game to this .. there must be.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds like she's learnt a trick from Abi Titmuss then and is retaining copyright from the pictures.

There still has to be some end game to this .. there must be.

Money and loving being in national newspapers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Money and loving being in national newspapers.

I don't doubt the money aspect, but the question is still why her specifically ?

When Titmuss was doing this, she was the flavour of the month. She had legitimate 'dirt' behind her with being John Leslie's ex and then the sex tape, so it was understandable why the papers would be buying pap shots of her, staged or otherwise.

I genuinely did once see her in person being papped in Lakeside Shopping Centre in Essex and after a few seconds she held her hand up to signal "Stop" and the guy stopped and walked away.

Unless Appleton is legitimately paying one of these publications to feature her, it just doesn't make any sense why it's specifically her and I suppose that's the part of it that's niggling at me for whatever stupid reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't doubt the money aspect, but the question is still why her specifically ?

When Titmuss was doing this, she was the flavour of the month. She had legitimate 'dirt' behind her with being John Leslie's ex and then the sex tape, so it was understandable why the papers would be buying pap shots of her, staged or otherwise.

I genuinely did once see her in person being papped in Lakeside Shopping Centre in Essex and after a few seconds she held her hand up to signal "Stop" and the guy stopped and walked away.

Unless Appleton is legitimately paying one of these publications to feature her, it just doesn't make any sense why it's specifically her and I suppose that's the part of it that's niggling at me for whatever stupid reason.

You just don't seem to be able to grasp that she is only appearing on newspaper websites. If you buy Mail etc she isn't on page 5 in all her glory. She is on website as a wreck for folks to rubber neck. Folks can't help themselves so are generating big numbers of clicks. It pulls in ad revenue. That's all.
  • Options
    tszujmetszujme Posts: 1,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MailOnline's entire business model is predicated on quantity. Extreme quantity. That's why so many articles are poorly written, because they are under intense pressure to post literally hundreds of articles every day. So any time anyone vaguely in the public eye does anything, especially if there are photos, it's a sure thing for MO since it only takes five minutes to upload a pic and scrawl some copy.

http://popbitch.com/articles/Profits_Of_Doom.html
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All that's missing really is the lamp post and cash register, it' s just a modern day variation if you will of the oldest trade. Dignity packed it's bags a long time ago without even a wave... just have to hope whatever dosh is coming in for these 'articles' are worth the levels of degredation she has sunk to. I suppose we should be grateful in the legs akimbo one today that any form of lower garment was in place, though can the full Kyber Pass photo be far off... doubt it !! Hope they post a health warning for us all in advance.
  • Options
    Pixie24Pixie24 Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    tszujme wrote: »
    MailOnline's entire business model is predicated on quantity. Extreme quantity. That's why so many articles are poorly written, because they are under intense pressure to post literally hundreds of articles every day. So any time anyone vaguely in the public eye does anything, especially if there are photos, it's a sure thing for MO since it only takes five minutes to upload a pic and scrawl some copy.

http://popbitch.com/articles/Profits_Of_Doom.html
    Lisa looked like she was having the time of her life in the skimpy ensemble, which probably wasn't the best outfit for a night at the gym.
    She clearly warmed up during a vigorous workout as she forewent a top to bare her saucy lingerie.

I always wonder whether a small part of them dies every time they have to write something like this.
  • Options
    Lily GraceLily Grace Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    Pixie24 wrote: »
    I always wonder whether a small part of them dies every time they have to write something like this.

I've long since thought that they do. I have interest in journalism but I'd rather take another job, even cleaning toilets or something, than churn out "articles" like that. I'd find it utterly soul destroying if you have the slightest sense of self worth or even just basic human empathy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You just don't seem to be able to grasp that she is only appearing on newspaper websites. If you buy Mail etc she isn't on page 5 in all her glory. She is on website as a wreck for folks to rubber neck. Folks can't help themselves so are generating big numbers of clicks. It pulls in ad revenue. That's all.

I want to make it very clear that I do get it. I do grasp it.

For me, there could have been countless other z-list nobodies they could have decided to pay to feature on their website but the thing that bugs me is why her specifically ?. That's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I want to make it very clear that I do get it. I do grasp it.

For me, there could have been countless other z-list nobodies they could have decided to pay to feature on their website but the thing that bugs me is why her specifically ?. That's all.

She's the one setting up 'wreck' photographs for them to buy. Who else would sink so low?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's the one setting up 'wreck' photographs for them to buy. Who else would sink so low?

I suppose it comes down to the Josie Cunningham effect. People would often click on those articles to ask why they were giving her media coverage and to say how horrible they were, but clicks are clicks to most sites nowadays.

Probably the same with Appleton - they realise she's clearly a divisive figure so are running daily spreads with her so people will click to comment if only to say "Why is she being featured again?".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well the inevitable has happened. She's now completely naked ..

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/lisa-appleton-shows-tanlines-strips-9924111

If you can bear it, read the text of the article though. It really does read like a paid advert.
    Lisa has seen her star rise in stock over the past few months as her eye-grabbing antics have seen her propelled back into the limelight; from feeding her toyboy food on the beach to her regular trips out in saucy outfits.