David Beckham's Leaked Emails

Comments

• Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    Well in that case he will be able to sue won't he?

Not holding my breath..........

Like they said they would over the Rebecca Loos stories you mean?

Oh no, wait......🤔
  • Dee_110Dee_110 Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CRM wrote: »
    Except he said it in a private email.

So you can have a "private" persona (that's pretty shitty) and a "public" one (that says all the right things) and that makes it all okay?!!
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,163
    Forum Member
    d56 wrote: »
    I've said this for YEARS. The guy is a fake. The whole "our family and lives are SO perfect" is fake.

The pushing of his children into the limelight is particularly repulsive.

Funny, because I remember saying this on this forum a couple of years ago and got shot down.

I have always detested the pair of them, but refrained from saying what I thought in here in case I got banned for life.

This is really great news, and should hopefully stop him from ever getting a Knighthood. :D:p
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member

It doesn't really matter. They are his thoughts, how he sees people. Singing to him is less valuable talent than playing football. Looking at his recent rendezvous with Poppy, he seems to have overindulged at least alcohol, but he sees himself better than someone with substance abuse problems.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have always detested the pair of them, but refrained from saying what I thought in here in case I got banned for life.

This is really great news, and should hopefully stop him from ever getting a Knighthood. :D:p

Yeah, he had that affair and she forgave him and they went on to have another baby which we were supposed to think was great when most guys I know would have called him a shit and kicked him into kingdom come! How they ever became the "Golden couple" I'll never know! :confused::confused:
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Kathrine Jenkins is a curious one. Some rumour was started on Twitter IIRC that she'd had an affair with Beckham, and she started to recieve quite a lot of vile abuse. to the point where she made a statement denying any involvement. This left her open to even more abuse and people accused her of trying to make a big story about herself by addressing a silly little rumour. It always seemed an odd thing. I wondered if someone was trying to get at her. Anyway, I digress....

She started the rumour by denying they were having an affaiir. There was no rumour before that.
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »
    She started the rumour by denying they were having an affaiir. There was no rumour before that.

I actually saw it all over twitter. That's how it reached Katherine. I don't blame her for removing herself from that narrative.
  • CRMCRM Posts: 11,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dee_110 wrote: »
    So you can have a "private" persona (that's pretty shitty) and a "public" one (that says all the right things) and that makes it all okay?!!
    I didn't say that, did I?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It doesn't really matter. They are his thoughts, how he sees people. Singing to him is less valuable talent than playing football. Looking at his recent rendezvous with Poppy, he seems to have overindulged at least alcohol, but he sees himself better than someone with substance abuse problems.
    How would you feel if your private correspondence with close friends/colleagues was shared publically?
  • CappySpectrumCappySpectrum Posts: 2,907
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How would you feel if your private correspondence with close friends/colleagues was shared publically?

I'd then realise my close friends are not so close and are actually arsey people. Learn to keep it shut with not so trusting people.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't say that, did I?

You said he said it in a "private email" so explain what did you mean?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CRM - Have you ever called anyone a c*nt in any kind of correspondence? Just wondering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd then realise my close friends are not so close and are actually arsey people. Learn to keep it shut with not so trusting people.
    Er, the emails have not been shared by the people he was communicating with. He was hacked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh hacked is the new word in this world for sharing? Or I got caught! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dee_110 wrote: »
    CRM - Have you ever called anyone a c*nt in any kind of correspondence? Just wondering.
    Not that word but something very close to it, in a text a good few times, referring to someone else. Everyone has. Anyone who says they haven't is lying. Let's not get all sanctimonious about this.
  • Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    topcat3 wrote: »

Erm, yes there was. I was told about it months before she denied it. If I heard about it, lots of other people would've done too.
    Forum Member

There are two issues here.

1) The hacking of course is wrong.

2) Beckham calling Katherine a coke head in his emails shows what a petty, jealous person he is.

Just because #1 is wrong, it doesn't stop people from discussing Beckham's talk. It reminds me of the Sony hack. Hardly no one was commenting how wrong the hacking was, then, but gleefully reading through them and laughing at the downfall of Hollywood celebs.
  • MajorZeroMajorZero Posts: 5,732
    Forum Member
    Er, the emails have not been shared by the people he was communicating with. He was hacked.

So what? Too bad.

Maybe he shouldn't be conning the public into spending money on a fraudulent made up persona/brand and hoodwinking them into thinking it's the real him/them. Same for her with clothes she doesn't even play any part in designing.

Not that it's only these guys, but you get the feeling for most TV personalities in today's age they should be flashing up banners on-screen whenever certain ones appear to say "This person is acting"
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    None of this surprises me, especially that David is so entitled that he thinks he deserves a knighthood. I'm more surprised that some sections of the media have turned against them. I wonder what the Beckhams did to annoy them. Usually they would have tipped them off about the hacking in exchange for an exclusive interview on how violated they feel that somebody read their private messages.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are two issues here.

1) The hacking of course is wrong.

2) Beckham calling Katherine a coke head in his emails shows what a petty, jealous person he is.

Just because #1 is wrong, it doesn't stop people from discussing Beckham's talk. It reminds me of the Sony hack. Hardly no one was commenting how wrong the hacking was, then, but gleefully reading through them and laughing at the downfall of Hollywood celebs.

Lovely personality, Jenkins. She laughs and smiles a lot. Isn't full of herself and sings wonderfully.
  • viva.espanaviva.espana Posts: 8,500
    Forum Member
    I don't envy the person tasked with doing damage control here. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that word but something very close to it, in a text a good few times, referring to someone else. Everyone has. Anyone who says they haven't is lying. Let's not get all sanctimonious about this.

I'm so not getting " sanctimonious" but I've NEVER called, or felt the need to call, anyone that. I honestly haven't. He's a complete shit in my view - he was lucky his marriage survived his adultery, I don't know how she forgave him but that's their business, however to do all this "charity" stuff in the hope of being called "sir" is so nasty and mean-spirited. And all those "expenses" he claimed, frikken rich just wanna get richer! >:(
  • conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would imagine the main reason for moving back to the UK, buying the big fancy house in the right area was to facilitate receiving his expected Knighthood. He needed to be in the right place at the right time. They both probably imagined themselves in the mansion glowing in the satisfaction of having reached Sir and Lady status. The personalised stationary in place... oh it was all going to be so wonderful,and being "Lady" no doubt would become a major part of the fashion empire rebranding. How the cards have fallen. I would believe every word of this, nothing about them seems real. They have spent the guts of twenty years promoting an ideal, a brand that's as fake as themselves.

I could see the entire clan packing up and heading back to la la land and the sun, because one thing for certain, NEVER will he be Sir David now, he is guilty by inference and mud sticks.
  • MajorZeroMajorZero Posts: 5,732
    Forum Member
    conchie wrote: »
    I could see the entire clan packing up and heading back to la la land and the sun, because one thing for certain, NEVER will he be Sir David now, he is guilty by inference and mud sticks.

I dunno, maybe when he's a pensioner.
  • RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,234
    Forum Member
    Massive over-reaction to these e-mails.

I think people are deluded if they think all these Celebs support Charity just for charitable reasons, its a business deal between Celebrity who wants a better image and usually a worldwide Charity that is run like a corporate business, and if some good comes of this business deal in terms of better awareness and donations than its been worthwhile for all concerned.

as for his comments on Katherine Jenkins, she has admitted Coke use, so it isn't slander. It was a private e-mail so he isn't bad mouthing her in public, and who's to say he hasn't met her and just not liked her? we all have different opinions on people, I can't stand Gordon Ramsey for example but he's one of Beckham's best mates.

the 'if it isn't a knighthood, i dont give an F' email can easily be taken out of context, who's to say he wasn't in a bad mood with his agent for other reasons and simply wanted him to stop pestering him?

I don't think Beckham is a saint, and he is overhyped, but I think this has been a massive overreaction. I do wonder what has caused the media to turn on him tho, has he stopped paying to hush stories up?