Hillary Clinton - Secretary of State - 2016 run?

2»

Comments

• Danny_SilverDanny_Silver Posts: 902
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well she will be running.

She has just confirmed,
    I'm listening to LBC.

You go Women :)

http://www.lbc.co.uk/hillary-clinton-set-to-confirm-presidency-bid-107895
  • FMKKFMKK Posts: 32,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to know what all the supposedly progressive Hilary Clinton supporters all over social media etc. actually like about her politics.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see she has said "the system is stacked towards those at the top".

Yes, especially if your name is Bush or Clinton.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her and hope she wins. :)

trivia - Hilary used to be a Republican
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I want her to be the President. The only Republican candidate who could beat her is Jeb Bush.

She would have beaten McCain or Romney.
  • niceguy1966niceguy1966 Posts: 29,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    petertard wrote: »
    I want her to be the President. The only Republican candidate who could beat her is Jeb Bush.

She would have beaten McCain or Romney.

Clinton Vs Bush.

Can these really be the best candidates?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I see she has said "the system is stacked towards those at the top".

Yes, especially if your name is Bush or Clinton.

It's interesting then, that she's regarded as Wall Street's choice for president. I wonder who will be funding her campaign.

As usual with the US, their presidential elections are just a case of hoping that the least worst wins. That's Hillary, but that's also not saying very much.
  • Big Boy BarryBig Boy Barry Posts: 35,383
    Forum Member
    She'll be president.

None of the Republican crackpots have a chance in hell against her, and thank goodness for that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clinton Vs Bush.

Can these really be the best candidates?

Frightening isn't it that in the world's most advanced and powerful country, that the position of President is again a choice between two families. There has been a Bush or Clinton involved in every Presidential election since 1980.
  • SurrenderBillSurrenderBill Posts: 19,084
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anything to keep the Republicans out, but one ism will have to replace another ism for many of the bearded variety.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frightening isn't it that in the world's most advanced and powerful country, that the position of President is again a choice between two families. There has been a Bush or Clinton involved in every Presidential election since 1980.

Hillary is an outstanding candidate for President, with an unprecedented career, as First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State. Jeb Bush is the most intelligent of the Bushes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hillary is an outstanding candidate for President, with an unprecedented career, as First Lady, Senator and Secretary of State. Jeb Bush is the most intelligent of the Bushes.

I'm still yet to hear of a single policy or principle that she's ever held.

And being the most intelligent of the Bushes is no prize. I'm sure that there's some actual shrubbery that would be the intellectual match of Dubya.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's possibly true but I just wonder if 2016 might be too late for her. Maybe she should have won in 2008 leaving a more experienced Obama to replace her next year.
  • sueh21sueh21 Posts: 2,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's possibly true but I just wonder if 2016 might be too late for her. Maybe she should have won in 2008 leaving a more experienced Obama to replace her next year.

Yes, age 67 with a brutal schedule of campaigning ahead, maybe a few health issues. Think her time is up.
    I am more fascinated by the fact that her campaign think 2.5 billion is a reasonable war chest for her run, bonkers :o
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Rand Paul was popular over there? Is he not capable of getting the Presidency? Though I'm not the biggest brain on US politics so perhaps you or someone can correct me if wrong.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As far as I can see, US politics is more about access to the people with money than ability. So family connections matter. Getting introduced to the right people and using family to influence those that matter within the party.

I'm sure Clinton and Bush are not the best two candidates, but with massive financial and political backing, they'd have to do something badly wrong to not be the only two options put before the people.
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Too old. Too stale. Too many skeletons. Too much bad association.

She won't win.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good luck to her. On the other side, I rather hope it's Jeb Bush, he seems the most reasonable of the Republican candidates. Which is pretty alarming in itself.
  • SanguiniusSanguinius Posts: 1,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeb Bush could give her a run for her money if he gets the republican nomination. It may also be the time in the political cycle for America to go back to Republicanism
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »
    Jeb Bush could give her a run for her money if he gets the republican nomination. It may also be the time in the political cycle for America to go back to Republicanism

As long as it's not a Tea Party lunatic who gets in! That would be a disaster!
  • BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sanguinius wrote: »

Can someone explain to me why Americans would elect another Bush? Is Jeb somewhat more sane and normal or something?
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trevgo wrote: »
    Too old. Too stale. Too many skeletons. Too much bad association.

She won't win.

i don't think age matters. She's younger than Reagan was when he became president.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BRITLAND wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me why Americans would elect another Bush? Is Jeb somewhat more sane and normal or something?

He is more sane and not nearly as stupid as Dubya.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    He is more sane and not nearly as stupid as Dubya.

As is 99% of the US population. So why another Bush?
  • trevgotrevgo Posts: 28,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i don't think age matters. She's younger than Reagan was when he became president.

Ronnie was a bit of a one-off.

I appreciate age is not the concern it is in the UK (much to VInce Cable's frustration), but there are quite a few health scare rumours about Hilary and she just not seem to have the spirit she used to.