SCD Week 5 Live Show 3rd November 6.30pm : Discussion Thread

Comments

• DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Trash Stamp Girl. So cheap looking they things on her legs.
    Oh get over it....

Indeed. It's getting yawn-worthy now. And by the way, if you must use derogatory slang to describe tattoos week in week out (not quite sure why you feel the need to, but if you want to come across as snobbish, narrow-minded and repetitively boring, that's your prerogative) at least get the terminology right. It's "tramp stamp", not "trash stamp".
  • sprigganspriggan Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    I can't understand why Dani only got the same score as Kimberley. She was a far better dancer on the night. So was Louis.
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    poshtamfan wrote: »
    They always play jiggery pokery with the marking. They want to make the the leader board unpredictable. If you know who is going to win week 4 or 5 viewers will not bother to watch. I do not think it is a certainty that Louis or Denise will win. Look down the table for a winner. The winner does not emerge until the final stages. They usually under ark someone to keep them down the table.

I think they've usually started emerge by now. They've usually had their break through dance... So out of the ones in the chasing pack- Dani might be a possibility. If she pushes on from the jive, she could do really well. Kimberley has always been there or thereabouts in terms of scores- but last night she went up a level too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    is it just me or did they not do a pro dance or anything at the beginning of the show???
  • cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is it just me or did they not do a pro dance or anything at the beginning of the show???

They only have pro dances on the live shows for theme weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 305
    Forum Member
    cwickham wrote: »
    They only have pro dances on the live shows for theme weeks.

oh thanks .... i couldnt remember if they did or not ...
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think I read that there was one at the end of the show (Saturday's to be shown this evening :) ).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    jiroos wrote: »
    Why does Lisa always lean in like she's trying to get into the camera frame when Bruce does their intro?

If you lean into a camera frame/photo it hides double chins/ makes your body look smaller! It is a perception thing! I do it all the time! :-) x
  • blindsideblindside Posts: 4,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just rewatched all the dances with the sound turned off. Most illuminating.

To my surprise, Nicky's rumba actually comes across so much better; Fern is worse than I'd first thought (and I thought it was bad); Dan's jive is fab; and Colin and Kristina are very disappointing. Try it.
  • WinsomeWinsome Posts: 12,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Artem must read the forums...shirtless again :D
  • gkmaccagkmacca Posts: 9,386
    Forum Member
    Better a nice turtleneck.
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will he do the goose step again?
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    Nimble Kimble's back!

8 from me!

She looks lovely in red btw!

my three year old daughter wants that dress - we had to break to her you can't buy it in the shops.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    katkim wrote: »
    He messed up, but I like that he's not crying, sulking or throwing a strop about it.

I think crying is a fairly understandable reaction to letting yourself and partner down - experience though tells in not falling to pieces - advantage of age before beauty. What I'm trying to say is I agree Richard's attitude is commendable but lesser reactions are understandable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    footygirl wrote: »
    at least richard saw it through unlike a certain other person who messed up his foxtrot

Again the wise are usually old because life teaches you what nothing else can - it also gives you confidence and perspective (il.e. this isn't the end of the world) - also Richard has a simplier relationship to his pro partner and he isn't falling from such a great height - to go from hero to zero is gutting if you're resigned to not being the best failure is easier.

In other words - I kinda of agree but give it a rest!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Laura* wrote: »
    Totally agree. :) Colin and Natalie would have been a very good partnership.

I don't think him and Erin would have been a bad either - such a shame!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Libitina wrote: »
    That must mean that Ferns dancing is awful and he needs to distract us.

It's the male equivalent of Ola's catsuits - lucky Kara though ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    intj wrote: »
    Vincent and Rachel's rumba was the best.

with theirs and Cherie/James's series six was annual mirablis of the rhumba - even though everyone else's was kinda pants.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Fern & Artem

6, 6, 6, 6 = 24

Overmarked I reckon.

God yeah - why the hell did she go home last night?! The despairing of the public and judges has started!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dani is that contestant each year you thought might be ok but not spectacular and they just keep improving every week. Chris Hollings, Chelsea Healy and now Dani. I think she might surprise us all.

On the basis of tonight i think you could be right - not quite Louisa Lyton but not far off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    I have an opinion and you need to learn to respact other posters. I cant help if she imo lacks class.

I agree the tats aren't classy but it says a good deal that the dance was good enough that I didn't notice them until near the end. At the end of the day the fact she can dance overules the tats much like Chelsee's unnecessarily enhanced puppies last year.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alli-F wrote: »
    And Richard deserves to stay over her because......? :confused:

at least he gives it some welly and doesn't depend on waffing a skirt around or on his partner's sex appeal.
  • Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only just got to watch the show now as I was away all weekend, but I was distinctly underwhelmed by it. No great performances, bad judging, woeful presenting and the band sounding worse than they ever have before. I thought it had to be an improvement on the awful theme nights, but I actually think I preferred last week!

Anyway, my opinions on the dances:

Kimberley – I really want her to be good (I’ve liked her since Popstars days :o ) but I thought it was really quite messy, lots of missed handholds and the last lift just looked clumsy and uncomfortable. It also seemed very slow and heavy. I’m still not impressed, I can’t understand what the judges saw that they liked – no way was it a 9!! More like a 7 from me, and I still don’t think she and Pasha have much chemistry either.

Lisa – at points her footwork seemed quite tidy (whether it was correct or not), but at other times it was very skippy and she seemed unsure what she was doing. Plus her leg extensions were non-existent and the sharpness of the dance was missing (how on earth can Darcey see something that wasn’t there? :confused: ). I thought the ending was abysmal, it ruined what was otherwise a fairly decent effort. Len’s score was fair, 27 was the top end of what she should have scored.

Richard – I thought it wasn’t bad until it all fell apart! And I was actually quite endeared by Richard’s reaction to it all – he didn’t irritate me this week at all!

Denise – even for a VW it seemed rather light on content, and there was some dodgy footwork and spinning at some points. I didn’t feel it was particularly romantic, and it was nowhere near the great VWs of past series (Alesha, Kelly, Harry etc). I like Denise, but she was overmarked, I thought Darcey scored it correctly.

Victoria – what on earth was the point of the showgirls at the start?! :confused: Are people now counted as props as well – at least with Anton last week it was funny! Thought it was a cheap distraction technique from Brendan tbh, not impressed. The dancing on the judges’ table was just unnecessary, and Victoria looked so uncomfortable the whole way through, so stiff, tentative and no fluidity at all. And Brendan doing a floor spin at the end just looked awkward and hinted that she couldn’t do it. I thought Bruno was right, I would have given it 5 at most, so she was still overmarked. She’s taken a step backwards from last week.

Louis – first of all why were there 2 sambas in a row? Stupid scheduling, but I guess that’s usual for the show these days :rolleyes: Well done Flavia for a decent samba song (it seemed as if the pros picked the music this week), though the prop bar was unnecessary. And well done Louis for undoubtedly the best samba of the night, and for doing a solo, though I didn’t love the routine (in fact I quite disliked it sadly). But really, how much would it take for him to smile – Flavia looked like she was loving it and I thought he just looked a bit bored tbh, which clearly isn’t the case but is what comes across in his facial expressions. As a result, it didn’t seem like the carnival it was clearly supposed to be, I agreed with everything Darcey said. Craig’s 6 was a bit low, 7 was fair.

Colin – I didn’t like the routine, and as much as I like Kristina I thought she was over-acting. Colin seemed to be being dragged around by her at times and his kicks weren’t great, but he coped well with the height difference. The score was fair.

Nicky – he wasn’t helped by the band massacring Aerosmith (that has to be the worst arrangement and performance ever), but there was still no chemistry between him and Karen. I thought it was a bit light on content – far too many spins and drags and not much for Nicky to do, so Karen’s choreography still hasn’t impressed me at all. And his hands were really annoying. It was ridiculously overmarked though, how can Darcey complain about lack of dance content then give him 7?! Craig’s 4 was too low, but 6 would have been fair. Not bad though, certainly not as bad as I expected!

Fern – clearly Artem expected it to be bad as he had his shirt off, and the distraction technique worked for me :o I hate that music but at least it was an instrumental rather than a pop song. Didn’t like the performance though, far too much sliding around and angry Fern didn’t seem to appear – it was all a bit prim and proper.

Michael – loved the use of Jerusalem on his VT! I didn’t think it was as good as his Quickstep, but Natalie really is a miracle worker because Michael keeps producing great ballroom performances. I loved it, thought it was really charming :)

Dani – what on earth was she wearing?! :eek: And what was the point of the silly ‘comedy’ VT? :rolleyes: I thought the beginning of the routine was messy and a bit laboured, but she got better as she got into it. It was undoubtedly the best Latin of the night, but it was really overmarked - I think Denise did a far better jive a couple of weeks ago and it got fewer marks! And Vincent looked hilarious :D

So I really don’t know who was my favourite, no-one really stood out and gave a showstopping performance – it was all distinctly flat and underwhelming. I think if I had to pick my favourites were actually Michael & Natalie again!

I thought the judging on the whole continued to be rubbish, particularly when Bruno and Len started to say Craig was talking rubbish about Lisa, which was extremely rude. The judges seemed rather erratic, I was agreeing with Craig one minute, Darcey the next etc – I think I agree with each judge at different points and at others thought they were talking rubbish :eek:
  • valkayvalkay Posts: 15,726
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DeltaBlues wrote: »
    Indeed. It's getting yawn-worthy now. And by the way, if you must use derogatory slang to describe tattoos week in week out (not quite sure why you feel the need to, but if you want to come across as snobbish, narrow-minded and repetitively boring, that's your prerogative) at least get the terminology right. It's "tramp stamp", not "trash stamp".

or "Slag Tag":o
  • daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Victoria – what on earth was the point of the showgirls at the start?! :confused: Are people now counted as props as well – at least with Anton last week it was funny! Thought it was a cheap distraction technique from Brendan tbh, not impressed. The dancing on the judges’ table was just unnecessary.
    It worked though, from what Len said he gave all his points for Victoria dancing on the table though she didn't dance .. she only sort of swayed until Brendan held onto her.
    And Brendan doing a floor spin at the end just looked awkward and hinted that she couldn’t do it.
    Lol yes .. who didn't think that :D

Judging was definitely off .. I don't think they saw what we saw for the most part.