Police investigate swastika attack on Conservative party offices

deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/11530000/Police-investigate-swastika-attack-on-Conservative-party-offices.html
Telegraph wrote:

Scottish nationalists are accused of being behind vandalism attacks on both the Labour and Tory offices in Aberdeen

Police are investigating after the Labour and Conservative party offices were vandalised in Aberdeen, in what is thought to be a nationalist attack on the two major parties.

A swastika sign and the word "scum" were painted in white on the front of the Conservative offices in the city's West Mount Street. The letter Q, believed to stand for "quisling", or traitor, was also painted on the blue office door.

Scottish Labour's office in nearby Rosemount Place also had a large Q painted on the door.

Police say the graffiti on both the Conservative office and the Labour office was painted overnight, either on Friday evening or the early hours of Saturday.

Mr Thomson continued: "It happened at some point late last night or early this morning. It's a 'Q' for 'quisling'. "I do feel a bit intimidated, seeing it gives you a horrible feeling that you're being targeted. “It's an appalling crime to happen. I'm sure all parties would deplore it. I hope they catch who's responsible."

A Police Scotland spokeswoman said they were investigating both incidents and were keeping an “open mind” as to whether they two are linked.

I don't know why people do this, they will only make their own side look bad. Passions certainly seem to be running much higher north of the border, people seem bored of the election in England.

Comments

• jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    should have put a giant P for PLEB on it ..... perfectly right on the tories legion of doom headquarters though :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,916
    Forum Member
    Yet more evidence of the ugly side of Scottish nationalism in action.
  • acousticno3acousticno3 Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Evidence? Really? If you actually have any - give it to the police!. If not - stop talking rubbish!
  • smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Yet more evidence of the ugly side of Scottish nationalism in action.

No evidence at all, just accusations.