Options

QVC channels on Freeview

YouViewYouView Posts: 2,368
Forum Member
✭✭✭
QVC full time, logical. Then we've got QVC+1 just EPG squatting for a few hours in the middle of the night sharing with QVC Beauty and part time versions of QVC Beauty and QVC+1 in HD too. Couldn't they just use the SD slot to timeshare QVC Beauty and QVC Style and use the HD slot for a full time QVC HD.

Comments

• Options
    Secret-SquirrelSecret-Squirrel Posts: 1,053
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just delete the lot.......
  • Options
    Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not everyone can get the Com 8 HD channels, so it wouldn't make sense for them to move QVC over to HD only.

Besides, they pays their money.....
  • Options
    technologisttechnologist Posts: 13,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »

And they paid their money to join freeview at the start ...
    Hence thier low lcn and resistence to a shopping genre,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Not everyone can get the Com 8 HD channels, so it wouldn't make sense for them to move QVC over to HD only.

I wasn't suggesting QVC goes HD only, but that instead of getting a bit of QVC Beauty in HD and a bit of QVC+1 in HD, they just put their main channel out in HD.
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And they paid their money to join freeview at the start ...
    Hence thier low lcn and resistence to a shopping genre,
    Irks me still having shopping channels in the Entertainment section though I just shove them all into the 400s to get them out of the way. It clear DigitalUK are not going to do anything about it anytime soon, given QVC's flexing of their legal muscle in the past. What has been annoying is that past consultations on epg changes etc have totally ignored public opinion on a Shopping genre.
  • Options
    chrisychrisy Posts: 9,419
    Forum Member
    soulboy77 wrote: »
    Irks me still having shopping channels in the Entertainment section though I just shove them all into the 400s to get them out of the way. It clear DigitalUK are not going to do anything about it anytime soon, given QVC's flexing of their legal muscle in the past. What has been annoying is that past consultations on epg changes etc have totally ignored public opinion on a Shopping genre.

They might be forced to create a shopping genre soon, space in general entertainment is running out. All it would take is for Arqiva to launch a load of SD channels on COM8... I think I might have hit on a reason why QVC might be interested in stopping anybody else using COM8.
  • Options
    figrin_danfigrin_dan Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YouView wrote: »
    I wasn't suggesting QVC goes HD only, but that instead of getting a bit of QVC Beauty in HD and a bit of QVC+1 in HD, they just put their main channel out in HD.
    They would sell less if they simulcast. It would make most sense to use the HD channels for items that benefit from the increased resolution.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    figrin_dan wrote: »
    They would sell less if they simulcast. It would make most sense to use the HD channels for items that benefit from the increased resolution.

They already are simulcasting, they are broadcasting the same content on QVC Beauty and QVC Beauty HD at the same time. It seems absurd to broadcast spin-off channels in HD and not their main channel, when there is no technical reason to do so, that's all.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chrisy wrote: »
    I think I might have hit on a reason why QVC might be interested in stopping anybody else using COM8.
    Well at last something else has been allowed on, albeit temporary for the duration of the Olympics. Of course, that won't upset QVC from the LCN point of view because it will all be in the 600s.
  • Options
    DavewwDaveww Posts: 634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think qvc is a waste of space on Freeview could have 1 channel but not loads and could put better entertainment on. Or at least move them in to a home shopping section.