11 Weeks now!!!! - ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!

1234568»

Comments

• CUP OF TEAAA!CUP OF TEAAA! Posts: 4,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't think that streaming will be part of the charts for much longer. Don't know why, but I have this feeling that more people will pick up on the distortion causing more outrage and they will remove it. Maybe there will be another song soon that stays #1 for 10+ weeks which will make OCC come to their senses.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    Maybe there will be another song soon that stays #1 for 10+ weeks which will make OCC come to their senses.

Another song? Oh yes!!! Most likely the song that's set to replace Drake at #1 this Friday. 10 weeks down the line I wouldn't be at all surprised if Cold Water is still there.

We might as well rename it the UK Billboard Hot 40 (the word "hot" being used in the loosest terms possible as the entire UK chart is about as "hot" as a block of ice these days). :D

Still better than the disaster that was 2014.
  • Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    And....relax.

15 weeks. Nice try Drake, whoever you are.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    One Dance drops 4 places to #5 on this week's chart. Major Lazer and Justin Bieber replace him at the top. Panic over.
  • SevenSeizeSevenSeize Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    I honestly don't think that streaming will be part of the charts for much longer. Don't know why, but I have this feeling that more people will pick up on the distortion causing more outrage and they will remove it. Maybe there will be another song soon that stays #1 for 10+ weeks which will make OCC come to their senses.
    Which would be the worst move as it would just render the Singles Chart as being completely behind the times by clinging onto a "sales-only" criteria (when sales have been noticeably dwindling for the past year or so)

-x-

See now, everyone wins with this whole "One Dance" saga: I get several weeks of great trolling material, and some of you don't have to throw a hissy fit over Drake matching some fairly arbitrary record :D
  • dragon_mutant1dragon_mutant1 Posts: 212
    Forum Member
    jlp95bwfc wrote: »
    One Dance drops 4 places to #5 on this week's chart. Major Lazer and Justin Bieber replace him at the top. Panic over.

About bloody time. :D

Lets hope that a train-wreck like One Dance never contaminates the charts again.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The Last Waltz for One Dance!
  • MR_PitkinMR_Pitkin Posts: 30,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bryan Adams is at Carfest North this weekend, lets hope he has a nod to the fact he's still the record holder.
    Lets hope The golden age of chart music should never be threatened by this dirge again
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,633
    Forum Member
    SevenSeize wrote: »
    See now, everyone wins with this whole "One Dance" saga: I get several weeks of great trolling material, and some of you don't have to throw a hissy fit over Drake matching some fairly arbitrary record :D

:D

When Cold Water is heading for its 10th week at #1 I'm sure it'll start up all over again. :p lol
  • Jeannie_WilsonJeannie_Wilson Posts: 1,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's nice that Drake didn't beat Bryan Adams record, but I can't help but feel like they've shovelled up that horse manure...only to go and replace it with diarrhea. :(
  • digitalspyfan1digitalspyfan1 Posts: 1,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To misquote Bryan Adams...
    "Everything I do... I don't do it for you, Drake!"

:D
  • JonDoeJonDoe Posts: 31,598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss XYZ wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever even heard it!
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I've never heard it either........:o

I don't think it's aimed at us......whatever it is.