Sharing the leaked scripts on the forum

Comments

• tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotrjw wrote: »
    I dont know if its been posted elsewhere but the BBC have posted a news report today about the leaked scripts:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28349195

A damaging mistake? :o Ha! I find that VERY hard to believe. >:(
  • bp2bp2 Posts: 1,117
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    A damaging mistake? :o Ha! I find that VERY hard to believe. >:(

Why? Virtually everyone who works for a film studio/ TV production company do not throw away their jobs and potential careers in that industry or in any industry that deals with confidential information just to leak Doctor Who or other scripts on purpose.

Do you have any evidence that it was done on purpose?
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    General warning that popular Whovian YouTubers have started putting leaked clips and audio in their high-profile fan trailers. I won't say which since they may not register on first viewing.

Alas, I spent a long time thinking over which episode a certain line was in - reading the comments, I found out that it was episode 1 :(

Disappointing - and good samaritans aren't welcome to flag videos for these reasons.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    CD93 wrote: »
    General warning that popular Whovian YouTubers have started putting leaked clips and audio in their high-profile fan trailers. I won't say which since they may not register on first viewing.

Alas, I spent a long time thinking over which episode a certain line was in - reading the comments, I found out that it was episode 1 :(

Disappointing - and good samaritans aren't welcome to flag videos for these reasons.

There are leaked clips/audio now? Disappointed in some Doctor Who fans who want to ruin it for others!

I've had plenty of chances to read a leaked copy of episodes, leaked clips etc, but I don't click them - obviously this isn't possible for others. But hi ho, everyone's the same, not everyone has the patience (and decency) that I have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Firegazer wrote: »
    There are leaked clips/audio now? Disappointed in some Doctor Who fans who want to ruin it for others!

I've had plenty of chances to read a leaked copy of episodes, leaked clips etc, but I don't click them - obviously this isn't possible for others. But hi ho, everyone's the same, not everyone has the patience (and decency) that I have.

I cannot believe some half witted fools would want to go and spoil things even further by adding clips from the rough cut of episode 1 on fan trailers! :o >:(

It seems that you cannot look at anything Doctor Who on YouTube at the moment, for fear of being spoiled. >:(

That's sad! :(
  • PobattiPobatti Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 rough cut has officially leaked... :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pobatti wrote: »

Are you serious? :confused::o
    Forum Member
    Are you serious? :confused::o

Completely serious. Same quality recording as before, from clearly the same source.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot believe some half witted fools would want to go and spoil things even further by adding clips from the rough cut of episode 1 on fan trailers! :o >:(

It seems that you cannot look at anything Doctor Who on YouTube at the moment, for fear of being spoiled. >:(

That's sad! :(

Further to what I said above, a few days ago, now the official opening titles to Series 8, are now on YouTube. >:( Someone filmed them on their phone, during the premiere of Deep Breath, where only a select few fans, plus cast, crew and celebrities attended. >:(

I've seen the clip, and what I can tell you is, that I quite liked the graphics, but I'm not so sure with the music. :( Both the titles and the music, is quite different to what we had last year.
    Forum Member

Thanks to today's events, you still won't be able to safely view fan trailers until 30th August it would appear, presuming nothing more slips out >:(
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Further to what I said above, a few days ago, now the official opening titles to Series 8, are now on YouTube. >:( Someone filmed them on their phone, during the premiere of Deep Breath, where only a select few fans, plus cast, crew and celebrities attended. >:(

I've seen the clip, and what I can tell you is, that I quite liked the graphics, but I'm not so sure with the music. :( Both the titles and the music, is quite different to what we had last year.

It looks like they will have to confiscate phones or provide lockers for them for these sort of screenings in future!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make matters a lot worse, someone has now posted a few short clips from the b&w rough cut of Deep Breath on Youtube. >:(

As Margaret Meldrew once said in One Foot In The Grave, "Ohh!! When will it ever end?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5BHFVX8eQmc#t=96

Not good! Not good at all! >:( This is now another blow for Moffat and co.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,152
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To make matters a lot worse, someone has now posted a few short clips from the b&w rough cut of Deep Breath on Youtube. >:(

As Margaret Meldrew once said in One Foot In The Grave, "Ohh!! When will it ever end?" https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=5BHFVX8eQmc#t=96

Not good! Not good at all! >:( This is now another blow for Moffat and co.

To be fair, those clips aren't likely to reach very many people, and it would a very tiny proportion of the overall audience; same goes for all of the leaked content, it's not going to have much of an effect on the overall show or those involved, apart from the disappointment that people have seen things before they're ready.
    Forum Member
    To be fair, those clips aren't likely to reach very many people, and it would a very tiny proportion of the overall audience; same goes for all of the leaked content, it's not going to have much of an effect on the overall show or those involved, apart from the disappointment that people have seen things before they're ready.

That's the long and short of it. Once the full episodes leaked, the damage to Moffat and the BBC was already done. There's nothing a few short clips from those leaked episodes can do that the leaked episodes themselves can't - especially since YouTube videos are easier for the BBC to take down than torrents.

It makes it harder to avoid spoilers for those people who - fully aware (as people on here seem to be) or not of the fact that whole episodes are out there, still insist on trawling through the user-content-wonderland that is YouTube. Even WITH YouTube's various policies in place... you could be the first person to see a video, let alone report it.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pobatti wrote: »

It's worth noting that the initial leak of Episode 2 died very quickly (wasn't fully seeded) but torrent freak are reporting that that seeding has now been completed so it's likely to start popping up in various places now.

NB Torrentfreak link does contain a still from the video - wouldn't want anyone to get a nasty suprise
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    It's worth noting that the initial leak of Episode 2 died very quickly (wasn't fully seeded) but torrent freak are reporting that that seeding has now been completed so it's likely to start popping up in various places now.

NB Torrentfreak link does contain a still from the video - wouldn't want anyone to get a nasty suprise

That was the story as of the day I made that post - the "initial leak" happened the same day that episode 1 was leaked. Nobody managed to download the whole thing before the only seed with the whole file (highly likely to be the person who leaked episode 1) disconnected from the swarm.

The way Bittorrent works, as long as the whole file exists withing the swarm (for example, if there are 10 peers that each have 10% of the file that nobody else has) the remaining peers would have been able to pass around the part they have to everyone else until everybody has a completed file. It seems that there was a small amount of data that nobody had - crucially a part of the file's header, therefore rendering the incomplete file unplayable in any capacity.

That original seed has since rejoined the swarm, this time managing to share the missing piece of the file.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Torrentfreak are reporting that the third episode is now out there.

(usual warning about the link: the TF site carries a still from the episode)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GB reporting that episode 5 is out there now.

Less than two days to Series 8!
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    GB reporting that episode 5 is out there now.

Less than two days to Series 8!

Did they miss out 4, or is that out there too?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Did they miss out 4, or is that out there too?

Apparently skipped.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    Apparently skipped.

Oh. How strange... Some impenetrable moral code, perhaps?
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks DS. :)

Anyone who wants to will probably find them. REAL fans won't want to spoil other people's enjoyment by passing on leaked info, whether genuine or not and it's hard to imagine REAL fans wanting to spoil their own enjoyment either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    Oh. How strange... Some impenetrable moral code, perhaps?

There was something strange in the original file names on the BBC server

Marcelo Camargo Ep1.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep2.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep3.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep4(1).mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep5.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep6.mp4

Possibly in was some form of temp file and not the real thing either that or it's likely episode 5 or 6's file was mislabeled and it's still out there - just coming later (there were only 5 scripts after all)
    Forum Member
    platelet wrote: »
    There was something strange in the original file names on the BBC server

Marcelo Camargo Ep1.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep2.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep3.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep4(1).mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep5.mp4
    Marcelo Camargo Ep6.mp4

Possibly in was some form of temp file and not the real thing either that or it's likely episode 5 or 6's file was mislabeled and it's still out there - just coming later (there were only 5 scripts after all)

There was no episode 6. The videos correspond to the scripts.

What happened is one of the files got duplicated. If, on a Windows PC, you copy a file to the exact same folder that already has that file a (1) is appended to alter the file name to identify the copy. This happened, then someone later noticed this and made a second blunder by renaming the files, assuming each was a different episode.

It can be presumed that "Marcelo Camargo Ep6.mp4" used to be called "Marcelo Camargo Ep4.mp4", but was altered because there was another file with "Ep4" in the file name.
    Forum Member
    Apparently skipped.

Not any longer, it's out there now.

That (barring any additional leaks from a second source) should be all of them.