[SPOILERS] Are Back In 6B

2»

Comments

• dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just have a very vivid imagination, could you imagine Rooney's face. "Well mate, you have been playing brilliant, in fact you are our best player. However, you've been in every game and to be truthful you shot all the important goals. The audience is getting tired of you. We wait a couple of years and if you aren't too old then, you can come back":D

even then they'd complain about the colour of his boots ;)
  • lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well they are very bright, not so different from the daleks:p:D
  • nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to be annoyed or upset by this business of whether Moffat is really resting them or not? In the long list of things that matter hardly a jot, the veracity of Doctor Who producer coments about what may or may not be coming up ranks fairly low.

And what is this "know thy enemy" stuff? I should think pipsqueaks trying to be nasty on forums are the equivalent of a tiny natbite to a man pulling in ten million viewers to his hugely successful show (while he waits for series two of his other hugely successful show to air)
    Forum Member

ha ha! You won't catch me making a fool of myself nitpicking about the new daleks.

*runs off to find a way of deleting the internet*
  • dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »
    ha ha! You won't catch me making a fool of myself nitpicking about the new daleks.

*runs off to find a way of deleting the internet*

hehe nitpicking is OK, everyone is entitled to have their likes and dislikes

Making a HUGE song and dance about it...not so much
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    :DFirstly, after the leaks and the spoiler hounds ruined the surprise of the Doctor being killed in TIA, and the identity of River (the worst kept secret in history), then I wouldn't put it past Steven Moffatt to do this, or even to say it now as a wind-up. As for where the Daleks appear, I bet it is to do with the hotel thing, the Doctor's biggest fear being the Daleks (if its not himself!)

Even so I would really have not shared the info if it had been me at the screening, and bearing in mind what happened after the first screening of TIA I wouldn't be surprised if there are no Daleks this year. :D
    Forum Member
    hehe nitpicking is OK, everyone is entitled to have their likes and dislikes

Making a HUGE song and dance about it...not so much

I learnt my lesson after the fuss I made when they got the voices wrong in Day of the Daleks. :( Poor Barry Letts never did know why he was receiving all those sink plungers through the post.
  • davrosdodebirddavrosdodebird Posts: 8,692
    Forum Member
    stcoop wrote: »
    As my old mate Sun Tzu says, "Know Thy Enemy".

Either you are very well read or you watch TNA iMPACT. Or both :p
    Forum Member

There remains another possibility.Years ago, dot com boom, I spent some time in the City, Bishopsgate. Hanging around some Salespeople and tech accountancy types. The Art of War was essential reading. They loved it. Macho Alpha Males who really did like to think of themselves as participating in some kind of war. Of course much of their fearlessness and bravado stemmed from the wonderful public school education daddy had bankrolled for them. They weren't "well read" but they had been told to read that book.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    There remains another possibility.Years ago, dot com boom, I spent some time in the City, Bishopsgate. Hanging around some Salespeople and tech accountancy types. The Art of War was essential reading. They loved it. Macho Alpha Males who really did like to think of themselves as participating in some kind of war. Of course much of their fearlessness and bravado stemmed from the wonderful public school education daddy had bankrolled for them. They weren't "well read" but they had been told to read that book.

I have one more for you both - the crackers my (ex-)other half supplied at Christmas had quotes on the reverse of the slip that held the obligatory bad joke. Sun Tze's quote was amongst them.

Admittedly, they were of a higher class than regular crackers, but still only crackers!
    Forum Member

There remains another possibility.Years ago, dot com boom, I spent some time in the City. Hanging around some Salespeople and tech accountancy types. The Art of War was essential reading. They loved it. Macho Alpha Males who really did like to think of themselves as participating in some kind of war. Of course much of their fearlessness and bravado stemmed from the wonderful public school education daddy had bankrolled for them and the doors it opened for them. They weren't "well read" but they had been told to read that book. (they were smart people on the whole but the degree of reward given for the talent they offered or risk they undertook was our of all proportion. . Yet they behaved as though their good fortune bestowed some kind of moral virtue on them. )

anyway...I digress. The Art of War is not necessarily a marker of wide reading. It is popular with people who like to imagine life as some kind of attrition against a sea of enemies, though.
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    I have one more for you both - the crackers my (ex-)other half supplied at Christmas had quotes on the reverse of the slip that held the obligatory bad joke. Sun Tze's quote was amongst them.

Admittedly, they were of a higher class than regular crackers, but still only crackers!

(don't know what happened with my double post. think the short version better now.)

but....At least he had the sense to get you high class crackers. He was clearly thinking of you at the time. :)
    Forum Member
    (don't know what happened with my double post. think the short version better now.)

but....At least he had the sense to get you high class crackers. He was clearly thinking of you at the time. :)

Haha! Indeed. :)

Shame that kind of thoughtfulness stopped... :(

:cool:
    Forum Member
    another double post. bloomin train signals strength.
    Forum Member

but....At least he had the sense to get high class crackers. Clearly thinking of you at the time. :)

It's happened again!

Perhaps you are stuck in some sort of time loop... :D
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    It's happened again!

Perhaps you are stuck in some sort of time loop... :D

I think Stephen Moffat is haunting my posts with a time loopiness subplot in order to further infuriate the OP. :D

I feel I should say something about daleks. Daleks would probably consider Sun Tzu a namby pamby woolly minded liberal.